Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Markowski Does Not View Price Hikes as Risk: This is a Calculated Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cancelled and jumped ship a long time ago. Average content, higher prices, and entitled snobs as faces of the company, nah, I'm out.
    Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
      They are betting on current subscribers not knowing about this increase
      “calculated risk”

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
        They doubled the fuking price... 100% price increase. Its a gamble that they will retain atleast 50% of the subscribers and then they come out ahead. Its a desperate move of course there is big risk there.

Punishing your most loyal customers for over spending in the previous years does what to your reputation? exactly
        And the thing with that is even if they maintain like 60% of subscribers, but double the price it does mean they obviously make more money short term, but I think it then limits future subscribers who are not willing to pay that.

So in my opinion, I don’t think it’s a great long-term plan but I guess they’re the ones in the business, so I can’t exactly say it’s right or wrong.

to me, it looks like a company haemorrhaging money trying to make a quick fix to get more money coming in and then deal with longer term plans afterwards.

no company has to make calculated decisions which involves doubling their price if they don’t desperately need money quickly.

Comment

Idk I'm doing the monthly to monthly and it raised the price of $20 to now $25 . A $5 increase , there's a few good fights coming up but after Ortiz I might just end up cancelling it .

Comment

DAZN wins if Paramount+ cancels Showtime Boxing.

Comment

Fuch off Joe......

Comment

I like how they still haven't deleted this video from their official channel

job43 job43 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                  It's already been reported that isn't going to happen any time soon, as in a few years. That leaves DAZN in a very vulnerable position.
                  MANNY67 MANNY67 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

I can't see dazn in boxing long nor showtime

Murkowski doesn't know what he is doing he is only like 35 years old. No experience at all in sports
                    job43 job43 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                      Nice try Eddie Hearn! Showtime sports being incorporated under the CBS sports banner. Espinosa being moved to vice president of CBS sports. Hopefully FOX will drop boxing and let CBS handle it. They just had a bellator card on CBS and I'm quite sure they will do quite well with boxing seeing as they can promote it with basketball and football. Anyone remember 'CBS Saturday afternoon fights with Gill Clancy'?

Comment

Working...
                      X