Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Blair Cobbs Issued Cease-And-Desist Letter, Faces Legal Action From Vergil Ortiz Jr. Over Repeated PED Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
    I always new Vergil Ortiz was soft as baby shit, smh. Running to his legal team over some boxing trash talk. Cobbs has this man shook as hell.

Vergil quits on the stool when these two inevitably meet.
    To be fair, you legally can't say the stuff Cobbs was saying.

That said, it's a sad state of the business when the only real open trash talker left in the current gen besides Rolly and Wilder gets shut down by a lawyer.

Don't remember B-Hop running to a lawyer when Pascal was repeatedly screaming at him to "TEK DE TEST!"
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

its lame he know that cobbs dont really have the money to waste on lawyers over this nonsense

all these boxers are on peds anyways, virgil most likely is on peds too which makes the whole thing even stupider

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

To be fair, you legally can't say the stuff Cobbs was saying.

That said, it's a sad state of the business when the only real open trash talker left in the current gen besides Rolly and Wilder gets shut down by a lawyer.

Don't remember B-Hop running to a lawyer when Pascal was repeatedly screaming at him to "TEK DE TEST!"

Great point. In Vergil’s case it’s “If I can’t beat him in the ring I’ll beat him in the court”, smh.

Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Cobb is so annoying with his constant motormouth act that I support this. Anything to shut him up. If he was any good it might be different.

Comment

Shyt reminds me of Rocky 5 and the promotor saying “touch me and I’ll sue” except now it’s the boxers saying “talk about me and I’ll sue”.

Comment

Don't know how anyone could get out of this making accusations without evidence. Where can you get a pro bono lawyer friend to fix this? Only solution is to admit you've been a d**k who can't keep his mouth shut.

Comment

Cobbs is a fringe contender with a motor mouth. Half the stuff that comes out of his mouth makes NO sense. Responding to the nonsense that comes out of his mouth only gives it energy and gives him underserved attention. The unintended consequence is that it makes Virgil look bad.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Rhabdo can be caused and often is caused by PED usage so really can't see why he's suing Cobbs, it's very real possibility he was juicing and rhabdo was the side affect of said juicing.

And funnily enough one of said drugs that is known to cause it is clenbuterol, which as we know when someone is struggling to make weight without burning through muscle they take...

Comment

Didn't know the weight bully Ortiz was sensitive like this. It might be his way to get out of being tested.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                      Just lost all respect for Vergil. You're meant to be a fighter, MoFo! Hiding behind attack-dog lawyers is a bad look. Ali said the worst possible thing about Joe Frazier, that he was an 'uncle Tom', do you think Joe would've thought, for one moment, 'its time I involved my legal team'? Fighters meant to fight.
                      Bad analogy. You can’t sue for an insult. Accusation of cheating/PED use however is defamation and can affect career earnings.

I can understand not wanting to let some random idiot affect my money, especially when I train like a lunatic and get punched in the head for my money.
                      Rico_85 Rico_85 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X