Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri on Benn's Positive Test: Not Surprised, I Heard Rumors He Wasn't a Clean Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Right on. Ppl move on and forget with successful fighters.

As I’ve said prev., Miller’s biggest “crime” was not getting big and successful enough before his test, and obviously doing it against the marketing machine that is AJ.

W/all the others, their fails are never raised in the public eye, especially as they’re big brands in their own right.

Benn is a big name, owing to his dad in the first instance. He’ll get the financial backing and then boxing scene is the only place that’ll remember his PEDs, sadly.
    I agree with you totally, it's just a shame it seems Connor Benn has taken that route, question marks are all over his resume now if there proves to be no issue with the testing carried out.
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

yeah last 24 hours fighters coming out and questioning Benn and UKAD overall, Van Heerden also came out with some question

Chris talked about nobody monitoring and checking hand wraps just a bunch of crazy stuff in the UK

Great Informative Conversation/Interview with Chris

salute to Dan Canobbio

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Yup. Which is why certain fighters just prefer to stay over there or drag people out there.

Which is why, as a fighter, you can't just half-ass the training and prep, like Manny did against Horn. Every opponent must be seen as a danger especially on their home turf.

It gives newfound respect to Devin Haney for what he did and to Spence when he went to beat Brook.
        Good shouts, there. Let’s not forget the chief hombre of on the road fighters: Usyk (till I find out he’s doping like crazy, too)

Comment

Seriously, I'm so sick Ima never going to watch boxing again. This disgusts me. It isn't the sport I've always followed. I'm gonna stop watching it. Between the weight crashing & the PEDs it has become evil. There is no space for skills, its all about being bigger & stronger than the other guy by all means necessary. I'm through, I quit. I'll never watch this 'sport' again & I'll never post on here again. I used to love & admire boxing & boxers but .... its over. You'll find me on Cricinfo & bleating about how awful Villa are but, Boxing, never no more, man, through.
          MinuteMaid5 MinuteMaid5 likes this.

Comment

Algieri commented that he beat unclean fighters b4. So that means when he got smashed by Benn, it wasn't the drugs. It was his fists. If you have beaten unclean fighters b4, that means cheating doesn't guarantee anyone a win. If it were that simple, anyone with drugs could dominate the sport, but as Algieiri pointed out, cheaters lose to clean fighters too. Benn was just much better and therefore, he kicked his narrow ass, and that's just how the cookie crumbled on that one.
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragga1 View Post
              You hear so many pro’s say that boxing is littered with drug cheats, Pauline Malignaggi is pretty open with his view that Manny Pacquiao was a big PED user through his career. Fury and Canelo have got away with it massively, which makes it worth the risk. Look at Jarrell Miller, he should be banned for life but he’s still fighting professionally.
              Most of the trainer's and fighters know what's up but none of them speak out.

Algieri says he's beaten dirty fighters but doesn't name them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                Seriously, I'm so sick Ima never going to watch boxing again. This disgusts me. It isn't the sport I've always followed. I'm gonna stop watching it. Between the weight crashing & the PEDs it has become evil. There is no space for skills, its all about being bigger & stronger than the other guy by all means necessary. I'm through, I quit. I'll never watch this 'sport' again & I'll never post on here again. I used to love & admire boxing & boxers but .... its over. You'll find me on Cricinfo & bleating about how awful Villa are but, Boxing, never no more, man, through.
                I got news for you steroids as been a part of heavyweight boxing since at least the mid 90's and I would say most of the star fighters from this era were dirty but the testing was so abysmal that nobody but total dumb asses were caught ie Botha.

Stimulants and weight shedding drugs have been around since the early 80's. Ali's camp openly talked about giving him drugs to drop weight and Panama Lewis was accused of giving a stimulant to Aaron Pryor in the first Arguello fight.

Boxing has always been a dirty fight between the ropes and outside the ropes with fixing of judging, fixing of fights and crass manipulation of the boxing public.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

You know what, his skills aren’t that bad for a guy that wasn’t an amateur.

Not terribly skilled at cycling off, but otherwise.
                  Hahaha, yes you're right , he mistimed his pct didn't he.

Didn't Benn have 20+ amateur fights?
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

u think kambo and brook are juicers?
                    Don't know for sure, do we?

Especially with that version of Kell Brook who was seemingly nigh unstoppable at a point with the most perfect physique in the business short of Tim Bradley.

kellbrook.jpg
                    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 10-07-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                      New York absolutely missed in Margarito vs Cotto and Resto vs Collins !! Absolutely corrupt commission, Algieri.
                      Still with that nonsense. I lost a cold grand on Miguel that night cause he went in there trying to knockout margarito. Look at the shots he ate clean and tell me honestly if margaritos cheating’ self had wraps in that fight Miguel wouldn’t be alive today. I have sat down with fight fans to watch this fight again and point out just how bad Miguel’s defense was that night. He tried to out gun a bigger man and ate upppercuts cause he kept sitting in the pocket. Yeah, margs is a cheating bastard but not for a damn second do I think cotto survives the first half of that fight against wrapped hands. Not even close.
                      Last edited by turnedup; 10-07-2022, 06:20 PM.
                      MinuteMaid5 MinuteMaid5 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X