Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conceicao Would've Received Full Purse Had He Decided Not To Fight Overweight Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Conceicao Would've Received Full Purse Had He Decided Not To Fight Overweight Stevenson

    By Keith Idec - Robson Conceicao could've walked away from his fight against an overweight Shakur Stevenson on Thursday and still received his entire purse. In accordance with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board guidelines, Conceicao would've been entitled to his full
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Respect to Conceicao, but his advisors should be fired, LOL. Could have got the whole purse and then fought for the vacant title later.
    Damn Wicked, UniqueBoxing and 7 others like this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Respect to Conceicao, but his advisors should be fired, LOL. Could have got the whole purse and then fought for the vacant title later.
      Even if he loses to Stevenson he's gonna get his shot at a vacant belt when Stevenson moves up

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Respect to Conceicao, but his advisors should be fired, LOL. Could have got the whole purse and then fought for the vacant title later.
        Might have been put on Arum's blacklist if he refused to fight.

        Comment


        • #5
          It is honorable to take a fight he knows he's gonna lose but in reality if he walked away like that it would have harmed his reputation in the industry. I doubt it was really an option with the pressure he would have been under.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Respect to Conceicao, but his advisors should be fired, LOL. Could have got the whole purse and then fought for the vacant title later.
            If I were him, I would have walked away with that purse for not doing anything, got my shot later and got another purse at that point to fight. Not good business sense here, screw the haters, free money!

            Comment


            • #7
              It's not as if he's a KO artist.
              The extra pound or so was not for added power

              But rules are rules, so.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                It is honorable to take a fight he knows he's gonna lose but in reality if he walked away like that it would have harmed his reputation in the industry. I doubt it was really an option with the pressure he would have been under.
                This word for word.

                Beat that ''heavy'' ass and make a name for yourself the right way.
                And if you lose, you can use that extra pound as an excuse.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post

                  If I were him, I would have walked away with that purse for not doing anything, got my shot later and got another purse at that point to fight. Not good business sense here, screw the haters, free money!
                  Yes, I can see that perspective.

                  But, business wise, you can guarantee that he was under a lot of pressure to move forward with the fight.

                  I don't think his team negotiated very well if they only got him an extra $50k though.

                  Hopefully they got a rehydration clause with another weigh in fight day - but I doubt it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Gotta root for Conceicao. First he fought Valdez who tested positive before their fight and now Shakur is coming overweight..

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP