Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Beterbiev-Bivol: Why Don't You Put Me And Arum In a Room With Two Envelopes Bidding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Beterbiev-Bivol: Why Don't You Put Me And Arum In a Room With Two Envelopes Bidding?

NEW YORK-Eddie Hearn has an idea for making one of boxing's more intriguing, yet apparently unrealistic, fights. The head of Matchroom Boxing recently fielded a question regarding rival promoter Bob Arum's stance on making a full unification 175-pound title bout between WBA titlist Dmitry Bivol and WBC, WBA, and IBF champion Artur Beterbiev. Hearn's Matchroom promotes Bivol, while Beterbiev is promoted by Top Rank, Arum's company; the en****** rarely do business together.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum knows styles. He knows Bivol would box Beterbiev to a win. defensively too good. offensively too fast.

Arum literally doesn't even want to entertain it
    Slowhand Slowhand Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Edward jnr is such an attention seeker
      Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        Arum knows styles. He knows Bivol would box Beterbiev to a win. defensively too good. offensively too fast.

Be careful to not over-rate Bivol after Canelo took him for granted and didnt show up. I got Berteviev in that fight.
        Motofan Motofan likes this.

Comment

For whatever reason, it seems Bob doesn't want to consider it. Maybe he thinks it's a bad matchup, maybe he doesn't want to do business with Hearn or maybe he feels Hearn needs it more than he does.

Whatever the reason, I don't think this fight gets made anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Bivol's manager knows styles and the aging process. That's why he avoided the fight in 2019.

Comment

Is Eddie Hearn still resentful towards Bob Arum and the Toprank promotion for being able to pull the undisputed lightweight champion from DAZN?
              Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Why don’t you both stop acting like children and just sit down and discuss the fight instead of posturing in the media? That would make more sense surely.

Comment

Whataboutism and deflection is an art. And when someone can do it as well as young Edward it’s actually a beautiful thing to see. I mean this is just stellar stuff. We now have a scenario where he has deflected bivol to a lesser paying fight off a brilliant win over the biggest star in the world. Canelo himself said hearn directed him to fight ggg rather than Bivol, of which there was a rematch clause. Bivol should have been fighting Canelo next, now Canelo had a big fight with ggg and bivol is shut out of luck on the sidelines. If you lot can’t see the brilliance in the Eddie Hearn Jedi mind trick here then I don’t know what to tell you. and the fact that he’s made it look like it’s arum’s fault they bivol doesn’t have anything lined up is just brilliant. Thereby making the weak minded forget that there was supposed to be a rematch.
                  Dead good at grifting the muggins’ that young Edward
                  Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-04-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Make the goddamn fight or STFU
                    Haka Haka likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X