Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Beterbiev-Bivol: Why Don't You Put Me And Arum In a Room With Two Envelopes Bidding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’d love to see the fight on ESPN, that way the American sports fan can see it too. However sir that doesn’t negate that this was a brilliant use of deflection and par the course for young Edward who really knows how to spin and manipulate so that the fan forgets and takes up his stance. Bivol is out of a fight because Canelo went a different direction at the behest of the promoter that apparently owns him at least for now
    Bivol hasn't got any choice. If Canelo had opted to fight him, he'd have had to wether he wants it or not. And like I said, there is only, one other option. There's no spin or trickery here. It's Beterbiev, because that's thee fight for him to make. On the Beterbiev side, there simply isn't anything other than Bivol. Once again, I repeat. Anthony Yarde? Come on now. ESPN, Dazn, I don't mind. Let's just get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      For whatever reason, it seems Bob doesn't want to consider it. Maybe he thinks it's a bad matchup, maybe he doesn't want to do business with Hearn or maybe he feels Hearn needs it more than he does.

Whatever the reason, I don't think this fight gets made anytime soon.
      Bob does not want DAZN or Eddie to get any money out of the fight! ESPN wants all the cash! However, there should not be any problems making Bivol vs. Zurdo, since they both fight on DAZN! If Eddie can't make that fight, then the game is all F'd up!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Bob does not want DAZN or Eddie to get any money out of the fight! ESPN wants all the cash! However, there should not be any problems making Bivol vs. Zurdo, since they both fight on DAZN! If Eddie can't make that fight, then the game is all F'd up!
        I think it's all F'd up then! Kidding aside, I'd like to see that one. If they can't make the Beterbiev unification, I'd enjoy watching Bivol take on Zurdo after the Buatsi fight.

I don't think it's all Eddie's fight to make however. I'm under the impression that Zurdo is with GBP and not Matchroom. DAZN has deals with both promoters...I'm sure the DAZN people can expert pressure if they want but it's not like we saw Munguia and Andrade fight under similar scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Bivol hasn't got any choice. If Canelo had opted to fight him, he'd have had to wether he wants it or not. And like I said, there is only, one other option. There's no spin or trickery here. It's Beterbiev, because that's thee fight for him to make. On the Beterbiev side, there simply isn't anything other than Bivol. Once again, I repeat. Anthony Yarde? Come on now. ESPN, Dazn, I don't mind. Let's just get it.
          The reasoning for Yarde no doubt is his mandatory ranking plus the fact that he himself is an ESPN fighter by promotion. It’s not arum’s job to prop up hearn’s business. What Hearn can do is make an offer to zurdo since they are both dayzin fighters. Should be easy to make no?
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I think it's all F'd up then! Kidding aside, I'd like to see that one. If they can't make the Beterbiev unification, I'd enjoy watching Bivol take on Zurdo after the Buatsi fight.

I don't think it's all Eddie's fight to make however. I'm under the impression that Zurdo is with GBP and not Matchroom. DAZN has deals with both promoters...I'm sure the DAZN people can expert pressure if they want but it's not like we saw Munguia and Andrade fight under similar scenario.
            Yes, that's inexcusable, just like we haven't seen Charlo vs. Benavidez yet!

PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

The reasoning for Yarde no doubt is his mandatory ranking plus the fact that he himself is an ESPN fighter by promotion. It’s not arum’s job to prop up hearn’s business. What Hearn can do is make an offer to zurdo since they are both dayzin fighters. Should be easy to make no?
              I'm not gonna suggest for a minute that a fight with Zurdo wouldn't be good. But it's just a title defence. It's not undisputed. And yes ,Yarde is a mandatory, but Catterall was Jose Ramirez, mandatory. He made that go away twice, for unifications for him. Bob has shown he can do these things when it suits him. So why isn't it suiting him now? It's not about it suiting Bob. It's about it suiting his fighter, and giving us the paying fan the fights we want to see. I'll just point out, he had no issue with the first of Ramirez unifications that was on " Deadzone". Clearly he thought Ramirez would win. He was right. Now he's using a perceived bad image of the same network by some, as an excuse not to have the fight?. Well like I said. Bob. Get the chequebook out me ol' son. Bring it on ESPN if you can. You can have Yarde on ESPN, but nobody gives a damn about that. And G, it isn't about propping up Hearns business. His business is doing just fine. And he's also stated about this fight, and several others that his fighter can go to their network. It just requires the chequebook. Something Bob has been frugal with of late. And I detected your in-house solution here. I'm guessing you've been a fan of boxing a long time.And I've got to believe that you initially were all about the big fights the fans want to see. I can't help wondering at what point down the line you changed to accept this in-house mentality that prevents the best fighting the best. I'll never accept that. If their fighting for the same prizes they need to fight each other and not be protected. Let's get back to our sport being sport orientated instead of business orientated. You don't have to answer the last part, I'm respectful of opinions and outlooks although I am curious.

Comment

Working...
              X