Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Beterbiev-Bivol: Why Don't You Put Me And Arum In a Room With Two Envelopes Bidding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Whataboutism and deflection is an art. And when someone can do it as well as young Edward it’s actually a beautiful thing to see. I mean this is just stellar stuff. We now have a scenario where he has deflected bivol to a lesser paying fight off a brilliant win over the biggest star in the world. Canelo himself said hearn directed him to fight ggg rather than Bivol, of which there was a rematch clause. Bivol should have been fighting Canelo next, now Canelo had a big fight with ggg and bivol is shut out of luck on the sidelines. If you lot can’t see the brilliance in the Eddie Hearn Jedi mind trick here then I don’t know what to tell you. and the fact that he’s made it look like it’s arum’s fault they bivol doesn’t have anything lined up is just brilliant. Thereby making the weak minded forget that there was supposed to be a rematch.
    Dead good at grifting the muggins’ that young Edward
    Ok, let's explore your scenario. Two big fights for Bivol. The Canelo rematch, the bigger payday, but essentially just a title defence. Yes Canelo is a big name, but that box is already ticked. And Beterbiev, lesser payday, but huge for legacy, still a big name somewhat ( but not quite as big ), and a box not ticked. So which does he want. One things for sure, he doesn't want anything else other than those two. And given only one is now available, and it's not through his choice, what fight is he now to go for? Kind of a no brainer. This isn't about deflection. It's about trying to make the undisputed championship of the World. The first in the 4 belt era. Not a franchise title in sight (yet lol ). And what of Beterbiev without Bivol? Does he have a comparable massive payday, mega fight of the Canelo magnitude? No. He has Anthony Yarde. Let me repeat that. Anthony Yarde. Does the term no brainer confuse them? Arum needs to get the finger out and negotiate pronto. This is a must see. And to not try is criminal. If he's so against it being on Dazn, he needs to get the chequebook out. Hell, he hasn't many rainy days left. Live a little Bob and make a barnburner.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
      People are asinine to boxing economics. DAZN has been toxic to boxing since they jumped in. Overpaying fighters and not providing much in the way of worthwhile content. Now they added a PPV fee along with their subscription fee meaning even less people will watch. I think bivol beats beterbiev but it makes no sense to fight DAZN. No one saw bivol beat canelo. Canelo is losing his draw power by fighting on a niche streaming service that barely anyone watches. Bivol got paid pennies to fight canelo when u compare what plant and BJS made. Hearn wants to use beterbiev to make bivol a bigger star and bring eyes to DAZN. Why would ESPN or too rank be interested in that? If the fight is on ESPN it makes sense so many more will see it. Same reason charlo-mungia on showtime was a great deal. DAZN not paying their fighters and nobody watches that service but want half the profits of any unification and they don’t want to foot the bill. The sooner DAZN fades from boxing the sooner we can see these fights take place. I watched boxing for 30 years I never heard of Eddie Hearn till a few years ago and he’s been as divisive as I’ve ever seen in the landscape of boxing
      I'm not trying to criticize but I'm legitimately confused with the two comments in bold.

As for overpaying fighters, I will never say that a fighter is overpaid. PBC was criticized for this (overpaying fighters for inferior matchups) early on and Triller was as well when they outbid for Teo's fight with Kambosos (which they defaulted on) and even for Michael Hunter (how much to fight "White Delight" Wilson and Jerry Forrest?). A fighter should get what they can get but they should also have realistic expectations when the demand doesn't support their perceived value.

I don't see Hearn as any better or any worse than any other promoter. Just different varieties of slimeball. I don't think DAZN, Hearn or GBP are any more of an impediment to fights getting made than any other promoter or content provider. Remember when Bob allowed Gamboa and JuanMa to "marinate"?

What prevents fights getting made is greed and pride. All of the promoters have that in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
        People are asinine to boxing economics. DAZN has been toxic to boxing since they jumped in. Overpaying fighters and not providing much in the way of worthwhile content. Now they added a PPV fee along with their subscription fee meaning even less people will watch. I think bivol beats beterbiev but it makes no sense to fight DAZN. No one saw bivol beat canelo. Canelo is losing his draw power by fighting on a niche streaming service that barely anyone watches. Bivol got paid pennies to fight canelo when u compare what plant and BJS made. Hearn wants to use beterbiev to make bivol a bigger star and bring eyes to DAZN. Why would ESPN or too rank be interested in that? If the fight is on ESPN it makes sense so many more will see it. Same reason charlo-mungia on showtime was a great deal. DAZN not paying their fighters and nobody watches that service but want half the profits of any unification and they don’t want to foot the bill. The sooner DAZN fades from boxing the sooner we can see these fights take place. I watched boxing for 30 years I never heard of Eddie Hearn till a few years ago and he’s been as divisive as I’ve ever seen in the landscape of boxing
        Mmm, pretty sure if Dazn was doing as poorly as you claim, your beloved Jake Paul wouldn't have let Amanda Serrano on there. He'd have worked something out with Showtime for more eyes. But then that fight did do 1.5 mil which is more than most PPVs out there. And they say Dazn is dead

Comment

Eddie is a chad.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Bivol was 300-10. that is not typical.

A classic boxer will always have a leg up on a puncher. all the puncher has is a puncher's chance.
            Lomachecko, Usyk, and most of those guys along with Cubans are in the 200s plus so he is typical. As the poster said, Beterbiev has seen him many, many times in Eastern Europe given he fought the likes of Usyk in the amateurs which are also on youtube. Now, pushing it back, based on age, favors Bivol. The fanboys can disagree on that all they want but it's a fact. Bivol's manager under a tree (video is somewhere on youtube) was cool with pushing the fight back in 2019 so an advantage for his fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I'm not trying to criticize but I'm legitimately confused with the two comments in bold.

As for overpaying fighters, I will never say that a fighter is overpaid. PBC was criticized for this (overpaying fighters for inferior matchups) early on and Triller was as well when they outbid for Teo's fight with Kambosos (which they defaulted on) and even for Michael Hunter (how much to fight "White Delight" Wilson and Jerry Forrest?). A fighter should get what they can get but they should also have realistic expectations when the demand doesn't support their perceived value.

I don't see Hearn as any better or any worse than any other promoter. Just different varieties of slimeball. I don't think DAZN, Hearn or GBP are any more of an impediment to fights getting made than any other promoter or content provider. Remember when Bob allowed Gamboa and JuanMa to "marinate"?

What prevents fights getting made is greed and pride. All of the promoters have that in spades.
              Good points. Dazn aren't the first upstart to be aggressive. And their settling it down a little, just as the others did also. But when some people make their mind up, that they don't like him, or don't like them, every contradiction in the book comes out to boost their world of hypocrisy. Some fights are too good, and too big, to not be made. And if it's not made, their letting down the fighters and fans for their own ego's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                Eddie is a chad.
                I've heard him called many things. An African country isn't one of them. Well done you, sir, for originality.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Lomachecko, Usyk, and most of those guys along with Cubans are in the 200s plus so he is typical. As the poster said, Beterbiev has seen him many, many times in Eastern Europe given he fought the likes of Usyk in the amateurs which are also on youtube. Now, pushing it back, based on age, favors Bivol. The fanboys can disagree on that all they want but it's a fact. Bivol's manager under a tree (video is somewhere on youtube) was cool with pushing the fight back in 2019 so an advantage for his fighter.
                  Or maybe building his fighters profile. After beating Canelo his profile is much bigger. Beterbiev got dropped by Callum Johnson. He ain't no Loma. He ain't no Usyk. And he ain't no Cuban. So it's swings and roundabouts. You say potato and all that. The main thing now is, this fight needs made.

Comment

". . . but there hasn’t been any offers.”

So make an offer; how much will you pay Beterbiev?

Comment

Shame he wasn't more enthusiastic & said that about Haymon when we all wanted undesputed undefeated heavyweight unification in 18.
                      This is why you should never marrinate. Now both shot & no belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X