Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Tears Apart Hearn For Allowing Canelo To Face Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo was in between a rock and hard spot. He'll lose to Benavidez as well, no matter whether it was Bivol or Benavidez, Canelo was going to lose this May. Now the question is this does Canelo take another loss to Bivol or follow it up with a war of attrition with Golovkin where neither fighter will walk out the same?

By the way, I have Golovkin winning that war of attrition and sending Canelo out of the sport for 1 year to reflect. He'll make an eventual comeback against John Ryder.
    Last edited by SilverMiles; 05-13-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

nelo & hearn were looking at cruiser & usyk at heavy, ggg at SMW & bivol at LHW, like kids in a candy store

Comment

"I would’ve never allowed Canelo to ..."

And that, right there, is the reason why Canelo is no longer a GBP fighter.
        Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Picks him to win before the fight, says he would obviously lose 10 times out of 10 after the fight.

All the promoters avoid fights that are too risky if they can. But Oscar seems the most risk-averse. Zurdo and Munguia were already belt holders years ago but now GBP has them drifting along as contenders. Garcia has stalled rather than fight a top dog. Ortiz looks great but hasn't stepped up still. Does Oscar have a single world champ signed? Literally every world champ is too big a risk for a fighter if GBP is guiding them.

Comment

In terms of a risky move, sure, he has a point. But for the fans and to dare to be greater, it's wonderful that Canelo took the risk.

We want to see the best vs the best. So I'm glad Eddie helped make the fight happen. The marinating of fights and having mismatches is not what we want to see.

Of course, Oscar is saying this because he wants to promote Canelo. Yet De La Hoya has often said in the past that the best should fight the best. So he's contradicting himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Wait….does the mean that Oscar is stating that while canelo was with golden boy they steered him away from dangerous opposition and tried to minimize risk?? Noooooo. That’s outlandish. I don’t believe that for a second.
              Balderdash and poppycock!
              Jab jab boom Jab jab boom likes this.

Comment

Oscar's a good guy. Too bad carnela is a pampered divas that left him

Comment

Oscar is clearly salty Canelo left him but he’s not wrong about the matchmaking. He matched Canelo perfectly. There’s a reason GBP waited out GGG for two years. They timed it perfectly.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Canelo will never knock out GGG
                    Chesterfield1 Chesterfield1 likes this.

Comment

Yet Golden Boy employee Bernard Hopkins said prior to the fight that Canelo would "smash" Bivol and it's essentially a mismatch and cherry pick?

Great 20-20 hindsight vision there Oscar, what were you saying before the fight, I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                      X