Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Jaron Ennis is hoping this is the year that he finally razes down the barrier separating him from welterweight supremacy. The 24-year-old welterweight ace from Philadelphia is coming off a breakout 2021 that saw him snuff out durable veterans Sergey Lipinets and
    [Click Here To Read More]

IBF should order Ennis -Crowley for IBF final eliminator, since Crowley as unranked fighter just beat their mandatory.

Comment

I love his way of thinking, dominate until middleweight.

The big problem is to get these fights made, to get those title shots. If the sanctioning bodies don't force the likes of Crawford and Spence to defend their titles against him, what does he do?

I hope he does get those big fights. It's too early to tell, but maybe Ennis can be the level of Mayweather and Leonard.

Of course, in those days, especially Sugar Ray Leonard's time, it wasn't difficult to get the biggest fights made.

Comment

IBF DO YOUR JOB!!! Announce a "Final Eliminator" for 147, just like you did at HW for Hrgovic! Do it ASAP! Let's see who has the balls to get in there with Boots! MAN UP!
        Rodtang Rodtang Get em up Get em up like this.

Comment

Anytime I hear a fighter say 2/3 times a year all I hear is 1/2 times lol
          Hopefully Ennis isn't one of em boxing would be a lot better off with him fighting regularly
          Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            IBF should order Ennis -Crowley for IBF final eliminator, since Crowley as unranked fighter just beat their mandatory.
            That would be a good move, but you know that's not what they're going to do! Just like Hrgovic, they're gonna make Boots #1, and then go down the list to see who wants to be in a "Final Eliminator!" They should've had Abdukakhorov vs. Ennis in the first damn place!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              I think he's either fighting Crowley next or Clayton.

But putting him in eliminators does not mean anything. He's not getting a title shot in 2022. The plan is clear, Spence vs Ugas and the winner faces Crawford later in the year. If Crawford wants to fight someone like Thurman, then winner of that fight vs Spence vs Ugas winner. Either way, Boots nor Ortiz Jr are getting a title shot in 2022. But after the undisputed showdown, I'm guessing all the belts will be vacant and a new era will start.
              chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I think he's either fighting Crowley next or Clayton.

But putting him in eliminators does not mean anything. He's not getting a title shot in 2022. The plan is clear, Spence vs Ugas and the winner faces Crawford later in the year. If Crawford wants to fight someone like Thurman, then winner of that fight vs Spence vs Ugas winner. Either way, Boots nor Ortiz Jr are getting a title shot in 2022. But after the undisputed showdown, I'm guessing all the belts will be vacant and a new era will start.
                What does Crawford do from now until at least 4 months after Spence vs. Ugas? Crawford fought Porter in November 21. Does he sit tight and pray for Spence in August/September, or does he fight Vergil or Boots before then?

Comment

He's just got to stay active and hope the right guy falls off giving him a chance to come up. Because no one will otherwise

Comment

Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times

Heard the same words last year from other fighters. Same fighters ended becoming dormant as usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X