Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBC DROPS FIVE FIGHTERS FROM ITS RANKINGS FOR FAILING TO ENROLL IN VADA TESTING
    January 19, 2022

The WBC Clean Boxing Program just finished a major cleanup.

Five boxers from all over the world have been taken out of the WBC rankings, according to a press release by the Mexico-based sanctioning body, for their alleged failure to enroll in the program’s mandatory VADA-run tests.

“(The) WBC Clean Boxing Program, administered by VADA, has reported to the WBC ratings committee that after multiple attempts to enroll a variety of fighters and after the grace period has lapsed for registration, consequently the following fighters have been taken out of the WBC rankings,” reads the brief statement provided by the organism. “They will have the opportunity to enroll in the program and be considered by the ratings committee.”

Three British fighters made the temporary black list. Cruiserweight Chris Billam-Smith (ranked No. 7), welterweight Connor Benn (No. 5) and bantamweight Lee McGregor (No. 9) are now out of the rankings until further notice.

Junior welterweight Mario Barrios (No. 10) and Mexican featherweight Mauricio Lara (No. 4) complete the list.

VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) will now have to wait for the fighters to enroll in the program before recommending any changes to the WBC.

It is unclear how this will affect the fighter’s standing in their upcoming bouts.

Barrios faces Keith Thurman on Feb. 5 in what the WBC has called an “eliminator,” failing to clarify whether the winner will be the mandatory challenger for the organization’s titlist Errol Spence Jr.

Mauricio Lara will take on Emilio Sanchez in a non-title bout on March 5.

https://www.ringtv.com/633438-wbc-dr...-vada-testing/

Comment

Can he please just fight someone in the top 10?

Instead of next thing you know he’s 31 and still fought no one.

Who is Ennis promoter?

Comment

I'd love to see Ennis vs vergil

Comment

Kids got talent but he still hasn't fought a top 10 gyy. Lipp fight didnt prove anything other than he beat a small guy who only moved up to 47 cause there were no fights at 140 at the time. Whats his highest ranking per organization? Him vs Ortiz or Benn would be a good start...
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

They only appear when they ran out of cash. Benn is all over the social media looking for fights and this Ennis guy seems tone deaf. Who else is there for this guy? Another Dulorme type?

Comment

Boots is talented without a doubt been high on him for a while ever since I saw him coming up on ShoBox but he needs to fight a legit 147 lber that's going to test him. He ate some good shots from Dulorme and Lipinets but they are not natural 147 lbers if he's talking about moving up to 160 I'd like to see him face a natural Welter maybe someone like Abel Ramos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                What does Crawford do from now until at least 4 months after Spence vs. Ugas? Crawford fought Porter in November 21. Does he sit tight and pray for Spence in August/September, or does he fight Vergil or Boots before then?
                No way Crawford fights Ortiz jr. or Boots as stay busy fight. he might lose.

Crawford will most likely fight Thurman, if Thurman beats Barrios.

After full unification fight Spence and Crawford will most likely retire or move up to 154 and there will be a belt grab between like 10 guys for 4 belts.
                Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 01-20-2022, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Can he please just fight someone in the top 10?

Instead of next thing you know he’s 31 and still fought no one.

Who is Ennis promoter?
                  Cameron Dunkin and there in lies the issue as far as lack of opposition. He more than likely doesn't have the financial resources to entice better opposition and the accompanying price tag that comes with them. Not sure why PBC isn't giving him a bigger push considering thier list of champions has been dwindling downward.

Comment

Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
                    I'd love to see Ennis vs vergil
                    It would be a hell of a fight, but why do they have to fight each other with out any titles on the line? Crawford, Spence ect ect, need to fight these 2 monsters period....
                    Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                      Kids got talent but he still hasn't fought a top 10 gyy. Lipp fight didnt prove anything other than he beat a small guy who only moved up to 47 cause there were no fights at 140 at the time. Whats his highest ranking per organization? Him vs Ortiz or Benn would be a good start...
                      WBA rank 3
                      WBC rank 3
                      WBO rank 2
                      IBF rank 3 ( 1 and 2 are vacant )
                      Ring rank 4

I believe Boots is the real deal and I'd love to see Boots vs Ortiz but dont think it happens until they both have titles and I dont believe Benn has the brass to climb in the ring with him and if he does it ends bad for Benn
                      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X