Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    IBF should order Ennis -Crowley for IBF final eliminator, since Crowley as unranked fighter just beat their mandatory.
    It doesn't work that way. Crowley is ranked 14th, so he's not entitled to a final eliminator. It should be Ennis vs ortiz, but Ortiz won't take that, so next guy is Custio Clayton. Curiously Clayton has jumped up 9 places in the IBF rankings despite not fighting. So I'm guessing he's been hand picked for Ennis.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I mean that's up to him. He is on record saying having a break is not a bad thing for his body since he is getting older and needs to let his body rest. Bud said that before the Porter fight. So if he has to wait until August, that's not really all that bad, is it?
      Yeah its horrid. Professional boxing is for entertainment of fans. Not a pity party for boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I think he's either fighting Crowley next or Clayton.

But putting him in eliminators does not mean anything. He's not getting a title shot in 2022. The plan is clear, Spence vs Ugas and the winner faces Crawford later in the year. If Crawford wants to fight someone like Thurman, then winner of that fight vs Spence vs Ugas winner. Either way, Boots nor Ortiz Jr are getting a title shot in 2022. But after the undisputed showdown, I'm guessing all the belts will be vacant and a new era will start.
        Except that Spence is long overdue an IBF mandatory, so he'll be ordered one for 22. And Crawford ain't getting near Spence unless he signs with Haymon. Neither is Ennis either for that matter, so becoming IBF mandatory is the way to go for Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          WBC DROPS FIVE FIGHTERS FROM ITS RANKINGS FOR FAILING TO ENROLL IN VADA TESTING
          January 19, 2022

The WBC Clean Boxing Program just finished a major cleanup.

Five boxers from all over the world have been taken out of the WBC rankings, according to a press release by the Mexico-based sanctioning body, for their alleged failure to enroll in the program’s mandatory VADA-run tests.

“(The) WBC Clean Boxing Program, administered by VADA, has reported to the WBC ratings committee that after multiple attempts to enroll a variety of fighters and after the grace period has lapsed for registration, consequently the following fighters have been taken out of the WBC rankings,” reads the brief statement provided by the organism. “They will have the opportunity to enroll in the program and be considered by the ratings committee.”

Three British fighters made the temporary black list. Cruiserweight Chris Billam-Smith (ranked No. 7), welterweight Connor Benn (No. 5) and bantamweight Lee McGregor (No. 9) are now out of the rankings until further notice.

Junior welterweight Mario Barrios (No. 10) and Mexican featherweight Mauricio Lara (No. 4) complete the list.

VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) will now have to wait for the fighters to enroll in the program before recommending any changes to the WBC.

It is unclear how this will affect the fighter’s standing in their upcoming bouts.

Barrios faces Keith Thurman on Feb. 5 in what the WBC has called an “eliminator,” failing to clarify whether the winner will be the mandatory challenger for the organization’s titlist Errol Spence Jr.

Mauricio Lara will take on Emilio Sanchez in a non-title bout on March 5.

https://www.ringtv.com/633438-wbc-dr...-vada-testing/
          Those 3 brits are highly ranked in other organizations and are following those routes. CBS and Lee McGregor are the highest ranked IBF fighters. And Benn is looking to fight for the WBA belt. So they don't need the rankings. But I still would have liked to see them follow it through, as in the cynical world of boxing it's a bad look. But I'm confident there's no foul play. That's 3 dedicated fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Cameron Dunkin and there in lies the issue as far as lack of opposition. He more than likely doesn't have the financial resources to entice better opposition and the accompanying price tag that comes with them. Not sure why PBC isn't giving him a bigger push considering thier list of champions has been dwindling downward.
            He doesn't have a contract with PBC. He has a network deal with showtime. Haymon won't put his fighters Ennis way until Ennis signs for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

WBA rank 3
              WBC rank 3
              WBO rank 2
              IBF rank 3 ( 1 and 2 are vacant )
              Ring rank 4

I believe Boots is the real deal and I'd love to see Boots vs Ortiz but dont think it happens until they both have titles and I dont believe Benn has the brass to climb in the ring with him and if he does it ends bad for Benn
              Ennis isn't interested in Benn. So why are you? Ennis is trying to look upwards. So why aren't you?

Comment

He'll probably end up winning the WBO vacant title if Crawford doesn't get the Spence fight before the summertime and decides enough is enough and moves up to 154.. Erroll Spence seems to be on track to fight Thurman after Ugas shall both men come through with W's

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

It doesn't work that way. Crowley is ranked 14th, so he's not entitled to a final eliminator. It should be Ennis vs ortiz, but Ortiz won't take that, so next guy is Custio Clayton. Curiously Clayton has jumped up 9 places in the IBF rankings despite not fighting. So I'm guessing he's been hand picked for Ennis.
                  Clayton fought in november. I guess he has been rewarded for that draw against Lipinets in final eliminator, which many people believed Clayton won.
                  Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Maybe he fights the winner of Keef/Barrios for the right to fight the winner of Spence/Ugas?

Isnt Ortiz #1 for the wbo? Maybe the wbo orders that for the right to fight Bud since Crawf just fullfilled his mando with Porter?

As for Benn, I totally agree. I havent seen much from him to make me think hes on the level of either Boots or Ortiz for that matter.
                    Next WBO mandatory is Josh Taylor, as long as he doesn't lose his belt in the meantime like Teofimo did.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Clayton fought in november. I guess he has been rewarded for that draw against Lipinets in final eliminator, which many people believed Clayton won.
                      Yeah sorry, I meant he hasn't fought since lipinets, yet he has jumped up those 9 places to number 5, without beating anyone else to justify it. You have to wonder why.

Comment

Working...
                      X