Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good clean up the Welterweight division. I'm rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I think he's either fighting Crowley next or Clayton.

But putting him in eliminators does not mean anything. He's not getting a title shot in 2022. The plan is clear, Spence vs Ugas and the winner faces Crawford later in the year. If Crawford wants to fight someone like Thurman, then winner of that fight vs Spence vs Ugas winner. Either way, Boots nor Ortiz Jr are getting a title shot in 2022. But after the undisputed showdown, I'm guessing all the belts will be vacant and a new era will start.
      This is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I think he's either fighting Crowley next or Clayton.

But putting him in eliminators does not mean anything. He's not getting a title shot in 2022. The plan is clear, Spence vs Ugas and the winner faces Crawford later in the year. If Crawford wants to fight someone like Thurman, then winner of that fight vs Spence vs Ugas winner. Either way, Boots nor Ortiz Jr are getting a title shot in 2022. But after the undisputed showdown, I'm guessing all the belts will be vacant and a new era will start.
        I think the plan is for Spence to fight Thurman after Ugas. Sure, it's not a fight anybody wants to see, but it's "in-house". It's part of that long running round robin that includes everybody but Crawford. They made Thurman vs Barrios an eliminator for a reason.
        Castilo Castilo Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

If he isn't signed with PBC he can forget about fighting Spence/Ugas winner. I think Crawford would fight him, but Ennis would have to accept some short money for his shot. Crawford won't be getting any more of those inflated purses from Top Rank, so I'm not sure where the money will come from if he can't draw a crowd and he isn't a PPV attraction.
          Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Fight the looser of Spence and Ugas and do a better job. That’s the normal way of pressuring a title fight if everybody is fighting house and ignoring their mandatories via unifications like 135, 140, 168 and heavyweight. Fight any up coming prospect that will get in the ring, Benn, Ortiz, Avenysan assuming their promoters don’t protect them for more money. Take the risks for low money if you’re that confident of winning. Offer to fight Spence or Crawford for free and stick it on the web for everyone to see. He only needs one fight they can’t ignore. He could do with a promoter with more financial clout to get these people in the ring. He’s definitely the best prospect I’ve seen for a very long time and I’ve been following boxing for over 40 years now.

Comment

Well
              Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

It would be a hell of a fight, but why do they have to fight each other with out any titles on the line? Crawford, Spence ect ect, need to fight these 2 monsters period....
              Well.....one gets to be the true mandatory
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

I think the plan is for Spence to fight Thurman after Ugas. Sure, it's not a fight anybody wants to see, but it's "in-house". It's part of that long running round robin that includes everybody but Crawford. They made Thurman vs Barrios an eliminator for a reason.
                Nope, don't see it. Spence isn't staying at WW for long and if/when he beats Ugas, he's going for the last remaining belt before he moves up...Win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  What does Crawford do from now until at least 4 months after Spence vs. Ugas? Crawford fought Porter in November 21. Does he sit tight and pray for Spence in August/September, or does he fight Vergil or Boots before then?
                  I mean that's up to him. He is on record saying having a break is not a bad thing for his body since he is getting older and needs to let his body rest. Bud said that before the Porter fight. So if he has to wait until August, that's not really all that bad, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

WBA rank 3
                    WBC rank 3

WBO rank 2
                    IBF rank 3 ( 1 and 2 are vacant )
                    Ring rank 4

I believe Boots is the real deal and I'd love to see Boots vs Ortiz but dont think it happens until they both have titles and I dont believe Benn has the brass to climb in the ring with him and if he does it ends bad for Benn
                    Maybe he fights the winner of Keef/Barrios for the right to fight the winner of Spence/Ugas?

Isnt Ortiz #1 for the wbo? Maybe the wbo orders that for the right to fight Bud since Crawf just fullfilled his mando with Porter?

As for Benn, I totally agree. I havent seen much from him to make me think hes on the level of either Boots or Ortiz for that matter.
                    Last edited by El_Mero; 01-20-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
                      I'd love to see Ennis vs vergil
                      If I could make 1 fight in the entire sport I think it’s Ennis vs Ortiz…such a brutal fight that would be.

If I had to bet…Crawford and Spence aren’t touching either one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X