Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hope he’s serious. He has as many fights as Errol Spence under his belt and he’s still not a world champion. Here’s hoping that he fights one of the best in the division and gets a title shot.

Comment

Spence, Crawford and Ortiz, if he fought 2 of the 3, that would be a year we haven’t seen a fighter have in many years. Assuming he won, he might achieve an a-side status something like that enjoyed by Canelo

But that’s a really big IF

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Clayton is ranked like #4 so I think it's him as well, but if not it will be Crowley.

But by the time Ennis is the mando, Spence will have fought Ugas already. And if he wins, he will bypass any mandos and go for Bud or move up.
        Only if the IBF agrees. But he's not had a mandatory for about 2 years at least. The last time it got put aside to allow him his WBC mandatory against Danny Garcia. So the IBF will be champing at the bit to get their mandatory done. And your theory also only works if the fight with Bud can be agreed. I don't think it happens unless Bud signs for Haymon. So I'm expecting Spence to go to 154 and Ennis to fight for the vacant belt. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Only if the IBF agrees. But he's not had a mandatory for about 2 years at least. The last time it got put aside to allow him his WBC mandatory against Danny Garcia. So the IBF will be champing at the bit to get their mandatory done. And your theory also only works if the fight with Bud can be agreed. I don't think it happens unless Bud signs for Haymon. So I'm expecting Spence to go to 154 and Ennis to fight for the vacant belt. Time will tell.
          I don't think Bud will need to sign with the PBC to make that fight but let's see.
          Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times

Charlo, L Ortiz, Broner and many others said the same thing last year. It never happened.

Comment

Working...
            X