No announcement yet.

If GGG Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=MONGOOSE66;n31268704]

I think he would of done well with those you mentioned but fighting the best ISNT great for corporate boxing money intake.
    The more times he steps into the ring. The more he makes. If he steps in their with big names. Theirs a risk of loosing his financial appeal. People don’t want to pay to watch a LOOSER in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
      Let's face it, he waited his whole career to protect his 0 and cherry pick Canelo Alvarez, which went wrong.

What about if he had focused on his legacy instead of fighting bums. How would have have done against the top champs at 160, 168, and 175. Peter Qullin? Andy Lee, BJS? Andre Ward and Direll, Froch, Bute, Jack, Abraham, Steveson, Kovalev?
      Went wrong? he made like 100+ millions so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

That’s always been my issue with him too.

I used to follow him and admire him.

He lost me and I started disliking him before he fought Canelo when he fought Brook. He did a little ‘C’mon let’s go’ with his hands, when he had Brook on the ropes, thought he was so bad against little Brook putting on a show. I was fuking disgusted.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

So you’re saying the past prime 36 year old B side was cherrypicking the peak 28 year old A side. You do realise the A side essentially decides when the fight happens- not the other way round.

You’re either trolling or a fanboy.
          It’s not hard to understand bro, GGG was breathing down A side Canelo’s neck because Canelo is small.

GGG thought he was going to crush him, as if he was just another cab driver he was used to smashing. The B side was begging and pressuring to make the fight, because the B side thought the win was in the bag (due to Canelo’s small size and being a Jr Middleweight).

Comment

This dude's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Went wrong? he made like 100+ millions so far.
              Money wise, yea he’s good. Career wise?

Shiiit went down the toilet lol.

He’s lined up to fight a Japanese bum then he has his fingers crossed for you guessed it….another Canelo fight, because he has nothing else going on in his sorry career now.

Comment

It’s not hard to understand bro, GGG was breathing down A side Canelo’s neck because Canelo is small.

GGG thought he was going to crush him, as if he was just another cab driver he was used to smashing. The B side was begging and pressuring to make the fight, because the B side thought the win was in the bag (due to Canelo’s small size and being a Jr Middleweight).
                Nonsense…

Canelo is the bigger guy.

Canelo dictated when and where that fight happened, not GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Nonsense…

Canelo is the bigger guy.

Canelo dictated when and where that fight happened, not GGG.
                  You’re missing my point. I’m not talking about who the bigger star is, that’s obvious.

Im talking about who had more size, more power, more time at 160lbs. GGG had these advantages, so he went chasing the smaller man, like the biiitch that he’s always been.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

But let's be real, was Alvarez a harder fight than the fights the true fans wanted, Ward, Froch, Kovalev, Stevenson? **** no, Alvarez was the low risk big money fight compared to those. He beat up on canelo in sparring when he was 18 and thought it would be easy.
                    Well, he actually won both fights against the roided one.

Comment

You’re missing my point. I’m not talking about who the bigger star is, that’s obvious.

Im talking about who had more size, more power, more time at 160lbs. GGG had these advantages, so he went chasing the smaller man, like the biiitch that he’s always been.
                      Stop with the BS…

Canelo had just fought at 164 before facing GGG. He was also a former Middleweight Champion. He was also the younger man and far closer to his prime than GGG was. Canelo isn’t a smaller man than GGG either, if anything he’s the bigger dude, I highly doubt GGG would look as comfortable bulking up to 175 as Canelo did.

Comment

Working...
                      X