Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Isaac Cruz Official For December 5, Headlines Showtime PPV From Staples Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pitbull's chance is timing Tank with his big punches. He will not win by points. Tank is faster but he should never underestimate Cruz. I can see War in this fight.

Comment

This PPV is going to have a strong buy total of 25k. It’s just terrible. Bring the third Paul brother in to fight a cabbie to help this PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I posted my opinion elsewhere on the board a few times. I never liked either Davis or Spence being on PPV. Too premature. I'd rather Davis fight on regular TV to gain more exposure to new fans. I personally don't care tho and never get involved in the PPV debates. It's none of my business.

I don't even have a TV or listened to news of any kind for over a decade, by choice. I only watch boxing and any watching I do, I do it on my computer. I watch every fight in HD.

Again, as I said above, Davis and his people seem satisfied with whatever money he's bringing in. Why would I care?
        Reason why most care is because PPV boxing was for actual stars, the event itself. Plus many have to pay. Not everyone gonna stream, look at the demo.

When looking out for yourself this stance makes sense. You aren't spending a dime. Now your cheerleading isn't really worth a damn now is it? You could care less it's all free
        Last edited by jonnyc420; 11-03-2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

You never called out a fight that wasn't PPV worthy?
          Sure but after a while I realized I could simply choose to pay for it or pass

Comment

It’s interesting to see alleged boxing fans calling Cruz a bum even though he is top 11 in every sanctioning body rankings.

of course a lot of the animosity is because Tank is good enough to beat a quality fighter and because he works with Floyd and Haymon.

I guarantee if any other top 135lber fought Cruz there wouldn’t be the same animosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Sure but after a while I realized I could simply choose to pay for it or pass
              I get it, I still gotta do it myself. Guess I haven't grown quite that tired of it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                Trash, that is the one way to describe this mess. The guy he lost to 16-8, the guy he drew with sits at 6-6-1. If you paying for this, you are a moron.
                Cruz is ranked in the Top 10 of quite a stacked division. He has some solid wins.

It's leagues better than the Romero fight. Romero isn't even in the Top 20.

I agree Tank should still be fighting better fighters, but I can't overly complain if he's fighting top 10 guys.

Cruz is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  It’s interesting to see alleged boxing fans calling Cruz a bum even though he is top 11 in every sanctioning body rankings.

of course a lot of the animosity is because Tank is good enough to beat a quality fighter and because he works with Floyd and Haymon.

I guarantee if any other top 135lber fought Cruz there wouldn’t be the same animosity.
                  Sanctioning bodies also hand out shots to guys like Salka, are they really trustworthy with anything?

Any other LW isn't gonna put that trash on PPV, except maybe Lopez who beat the best LW and is the UD champ, no fake belts like Porky. The exact man who Floyd didn't want Porky to ever fight.

Comment

Still not PPV Worth, but Cruz will put up a better fight than Rolly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      Nobody is forced to buy any PPV. Seems like whatever Davis brings in PPV money is enough for everyone involved, even if it's not much. Don't buy it.
                      Great advice! Don't like the fight, don't buy it. If enough people feel the same way Mayweather Promotions will get the message; it's all about the $$$$!

Comment

Working...
                      X