Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk: It Was My Biggest Win, But Not The Hardest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk: It Was My Biggest Win, But Not The Hardest

    Oleksandr Usyk says he wants to unify all four belts at heavyweight after his rematch with Anthony Joshua, which he wants to be held in Ukraine.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    This kind of class is hard to come by in today's boxing world. Bravo Usyk! Bravo Ukraine!
    MrShakeAndBake likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sweet carolines, you lot alright? You lads need anything? Phone call, fruit basket, crisis hotline anything of the kind? What a huge comment by the new king.
      saw the fight on YouTube of all places. That’s what dominance looks like. Joshua has won so many fights off being big and muscular and finally someone was able to turn that against him. All that muscle mass he gained after the Olympics hurt his career. His chin is severally flawed, to say he has a glass chin is an understatement. He was repeatedly hurt by an average punching cruiserweight albeit with master level skills. Both Fury and Wilder knock him out, im not even sure he gets passed Joyce at this point.
      big shout out to the young man who claimed Joshua will be “the greatest British fighter ever”…..
      Boxing-1013, Nomadic and krazy_d3 like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well that's very easy for him to say when your opponent is not engaging or exchanging and trading punches with you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Well that's very easy for him to say when your opponent is not engaging or exchanging and trading punches with you.
          It’s probably why he said it.

          I don’t know where Joshua is going to go to get a different plan but he definitely needs one. Joshua has got to be able to get his punches off more quickly, even if it means turning down the power a few notches (like Fury). Joshua’s slow response time made for a less difficult night than I had expected. He was just too slow to engage or exchange.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Well that's very easy for him to say when your opponent is not engaging or exchanging and trading punches with you.
            Joshua 123/641

            Usyk 148/549

            Usyk only outlanded Joshua by 2 punches a round and the fight was even going into round 9

            Joshuas stamina failed him in the championship rounds and Usyk bossed it on a gassed Joshua I 11 and 12 but I wouldn't say Joshua was gunshy, I do think he should have at least tried one of those klitschko bursts but obviously his plan was to box, and for 2/3 of the fight he was boxing well enough to be level on the cards with Usyk after 8

            Comment


            • #7
              In other words. Aj was light work. Shout out to all the Aj fans who aren’t knowledgeable enough about boxing to know that Usyk’s mediocre performance vs Chisora wasn’t going to translate into a win for Joshua. These casuals have probably been crying in the fetal position for 2 straight nights.
              EL_GRINGO and Oldskoolg like this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Breidis gave Usyk his toughest fight, s*** even Chisora was a harder night's work than AJ
                ​​​​

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 4truth View Post

                  It’s probably why he said it.

                  I don’t know where Joshua is going to go to get a different plan but he definitely needs one. Joshua has got to be able to get his punches off more quickly, even if it means turning down the power a few notches (like Fury). Joshua’s slow response time made for a less difficult night than I had expected. He was just too slow to engage or exchange.
                  The fight isn't unwinnable for Joshua, I think he used possible the worst tactics possible for him and as I said above the fight was still even going into the 9th.

                  One simple thing he should work on is effective use of the clinch, he has the physical attributes to do it and was quick enough on his feet to get close to Usyk, but when he got there he didn't do anything.

                  He should have used the clinch semi-regularly, he never once put his weight on Usyk, see how Fury does to Wilder in their last fight, Fury was regularly headlocking Wilder and leaning on him, Klitschko also did this, Lewis also did this, Foreman, it's the most basic big man tactic, its not complex, but what it does is drain your opponent while giving you a breather to recharge, its vampiric I terms of energy levels.

                  I would personally have him work with a high level grappling coach from now on, a weak clinch game on a super heavyweight with that physical strength is unforgivable.

                  If he literally ONLY added that in the fight it would have resulted in stifling Usyk's work and sapping his energy, which he had far too much of in the last 2 rounds.

                  So yeah, that's just one very simple, straightforward big man exploit he needs to look to use. And in a fight that was even going into the 9th, that alone may have won him the fight.

                  Additional things he needs to do is jab to the solar plexus, and let loose a heavy right hand into the gloves from time to time.

                  ​​​​​​Basic things.
                  Last edited by Frankie Coffeecake; 09-27-2021, 06:30 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Frankie Coffeecake View Post

                    The fight isn't unwinnable for Joshua, I think he used possible the worst tactics possible for him and as I said above the fight was still even going into the 9th.

                    One simple thing he should work on is effective use of the clinch, he has the physical attributes to do it and was quick enough on his feet to get close to Usyk, but when he got there he didn't do anything.

                    He should have used the clinch semi-regularly, he never once put his weight on Usyk, see how Fury does to Wilder in their last fight, Fury was regularly headlocking Wilder and leaning on him, Klitschko also did this, Lewis also did this, Foreman, it's the most basic big man tactic, its not complex, but what it does is drain your opponent while giving you a breather to recharge, its vampiric I terms of energy levels.

                    I would personally have him work with a high level grappling coach from now on, a weak clinch game on a super heavyweight with that physical strength is unforgivable.

                    If he literally ONLY added that in the fight it would have resulted in stifling Usyk's work and sapping his energy, which he had far too much of in the last 2 rounds.

                    So yeah, that's just one very simple, straightforward big man exploit he needs to look to use. And in a fight that was even going into the 9th, that alone may have won him the fight.

                    Additional things he needs to do is jab to the solar plexus, and let loose a heavy right hand into the gloves from time to time.

                    ​​​​​​Basic things.
                    The infamous Wlad/Ibragimov fight comes to mind, sans the right hand. The ultimate jab jab jab jab jab jab and grab bore-fest. Maybe Joshua spends 6 months improving his jab.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP