No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk: It Was My Biggest Win, But Not The Hardest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

The infamous Wlad/Ibragimov fight comes to mind, sans the right hand. The ultimate jab jab jab jab jab jab and grab bore-fest. Maybe Joshua spends 6 months improving his jab.
    Or Wlad Povetkin.

It's not the most "honourable" tactic but all that matters in boxing is winning, something a lot of great fighters over the years have figured out but AJ has not.

Theres certain fights where you can box a guy and cleanly spark him out but there's certain fights where you have to reach down deep in the toolbox, Joshua needs to buy a toolbox.

Comment

But AJ is going to come back in the rematch smiling and hugging this muppet with selfies like a fan despite the utter disrespect. SMH

This guy's demeanour pisses me off sometimes. He should've been from the slums of London - Watford is an Ali G city.

All the tools in the world but too much of a sweet guy trying to please everyone in the hurt business.

Fffck all the commercial shiiit at this point of yer career - you'll only make more money by winning big fights.

And fffck Edward Hearn - Teflon Hearn doesn't like you like that and he'd sell his own mum for a few quid.
      Last edited by BangEM; 09-27-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

But AJ is going to come back in the rematch smiling and hugging this muppet with selfies like a fan despite the utter disrespect. SMH

This guy's demeanour pisses me off sometimes. He should've been from the slums of London - Watford is an Ali G city.

All the tools in the world but too much of a sweet guy trying to please everyone in the hurt business.

Fffck all the commercial shiiit at this point of yer career - you'll only make more money by winning big fights.

And fffck Edward Hearn - Teflon Hearn doesn't like you like that and he'd sell his own mum for a few quid.
        2/2 on BangEM talking sense

Comment

Joshua and Edward have done incredibly well .Both have earned shed loads of money and with his rematch clause , even more BUT after that ,where he will come in heavier and try and blast Usyk is where it grinds to a halt. He gets stopped and again shown for who he is as a fighter. Fury's fight is not a given as many think , the bomber will be there and if Tyson is not 100% he will get iced but the real talk moves past Joshua and Edward now to see who is the best fighter in the world but we know for one it isn't Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            Joshua and Edward have done incredibly well .Both have earned shed loads of money and with his rematch clause , even more BUT after that ,where he will come in heavier and try and blast Usyk is where it grinds to a halt. He gets stopped and again shown for who he is as a fighter. Fury's fight is not a given as many think , the bomber will be there and if Tyson is not 100% he will get iced but the real talk moves past Joshua and Edward now to see who is the best fighter in the world but we know for one it isn't Anthony Joshua.
            I actually think thats already happen. His credibility has been shot to bits. I am actually unsure if he is able to fill a stadium again. I think one last dance maybe but if Fury is able to best Wilder this time then his credibility is all but gone. Are 70k people going to be shedding money to pay for a guy who is resoundingly the second best British fighter???

Comment

It wasn't a smart move to come in and try to box with USYK....it should've been "steamroll him or bust"

I was a huge fan of Joshua...but he looked very soft in this fight to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Yea...I saw that...I was like WTF is this guy doing and I thought to myself "he better be ready for this guy with all that smiling $h!t"

AJ may be too nice for boxing....he's accomplished a lot but he may be too nice to accomplish truly great things in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

I actually think thats already happen. His credibility has been shot to bits. I am actually unsure if he is able to fill a stadium again. I think one last dance maybe but if Fury is able to best Wilder this time then his credibility is all but gone. Are 70k people going to be shedding money to pay for a guy who is resoundingly the second best British fighter???
                  Hearn is a spin expert , he has to be promoting Joshua but even he will find it difficult convincing fans Joshua is the best Heavyweight in the world as he was trying just last week. If Tyson wins this big up and coming fight with Wilder then for sure the 50/50 pay day with Joshua won't be 50/50 anymore if Tyson is to give him an opportunity in the future. Warren ought to offer him around 15% as Hearn did Wilder!
                  OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

Yea...I saw that...I was like WTF is this guy doing and I thought to myself "he better be ready for this guy with all that smiling $h!t"

AJ may be too nice for boxing....he's accomplished a lot but he may be too nice to accomplish truly great things in boxing.
                    Have a closer look at Joshua; he's not the nice guy his publicity machine have created.
                    shenmue shenmue Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      In other words. Aj was light work. Shout out to all the Aj fans who aren’t knowledgeable enough about boxing to know that Usyk’s mediocre performance vs Chisora wasn’t going to translate into a win for Joshua. These casuals have probably been crying in the fetal position for 2 straight nights.
                      Yeah best vanishing act since Harry Houdini innit
                      Last edited by Oldskoolg; 09-27-2021, 08:57 AM.
                      Jab jab boom Jab jab boom likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X