Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: AJ Is Already Talking About Usyk Rematch Now; We Have To Check That Eye Socket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pyvo View Post

The division is not weak. The commercial product catered to the us / uk paying fan base as a supposedly real deal has crumbled once again, so what? Caught by a surprise? Grow up, smarten up. Stop the no sense.
    It's weak as pish

Comment

If he really does have a fracture, it'll probably take months to heal. It could mean there's a window of opportunity for Usyk to fight the Wilder/Fury winner with the undisputed championship on the line. That was a great fight last night that I'd gladly watch a repeat of, but if there's a chance to crown an undisputed champ I'd rather see that first.

Comment

With corrupt judges I feel AJ can eek out a split decision to win the rematch.

Comment

I already don't understand how one of the judges could score 115-113....it was a total defeat for aj who won at most 3 rounds.

Comment

First off, I am wondering how many burying Joshua in this thread also buried him after his loss to Ruiz. Just thinking out loud.....

Joshua handled this loss and the Ruiz loss so much better than Wilder handled his, Lomachenko handled his, or Golovkin handled his narrow defeat to Alvarez I cannot help but like the guy. But I will sate one thing: Not fighting Wilder or Fury and being upset twice as champion will be a problem for his legacy unless he does something about it.

As for Usyk, I am not surprised some on here are already jumping on the "Usyk is not good, Joshua was just bad" line of thinking. That will become the narrative against Usyk as time rolls on. All I know is the man keeps winning. He keeps unifying. And he continues to do it going on the road to other peoples backyard. He smiles, laughs, enjoys life, then dominates whoever is in the ring. Start the "he cannot beat Fury, Wilder will would destroy him with power" narratives now if you want. His style is good for a few more years. He is not going anywhere. Do I think he ends his career undefeated? Nah. He still will give power and size away to everyone, and at HW one punch changes everything. But I will take Usyk in the rematch against Joshua. I think he handles Wilder easily, I also love his chances against Fury, although I feel that may be a bad style match up and an actually fairly dull fight.

But you will not see Usyk beat himself. If he losses, someone will have to beat him. As I said repeatedly going into this fight... the man comes to win.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
              Can AJ be this era's Lennox ? Losing only to immediately avenge ?
              No.

He's a hype job rubbish fighter. That's proven now.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                Losing only to immediately avenge ?
                Looool lennox lost surprise KOs. He was never outboxed in this fashion.
                Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

No.

He's a hype job rubbish fighter. That's proven now.
                  By no means am I saying AJ is in Lenny's league. Just their circumstances after an L. Lenny got righteous revenge where as AJ went the safe route vs Andy. Lets see how he does in the Usyk rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                    I was impressed AJ didn't quit half way through the fight this time.

He's been battered by the fattest in the division, and now battered by a cruiserweight... definition of hype job right there.

Audley Harrison 2.0...
                    I’m not exactly a Joshua fan but Audley Harrison never beat any decent HWs let alone win world titles twice. Joshua was a solid HW champion. I still had him behind Fury & Wilder but now he drops to #4 on my list behind Fury, Wilder & Usyk.

Comment

Working...
                    X