Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Gabriel Rosado Middleweight Fight Eyed For Late October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

What are you crying about? Rosado is coming off a huge upset. It's a tough fight for munguia.
    I felt like he beat Daniel Jacobs as well, it was a ugly fight but he outworked and out punched Jacobs.

he’s in a nice little winning streak and I would of love to put $$$ on Rosado at 168 but at 160 he’s going to be a skeleton in there.

Comment

Really happy for Rosado! Gonna make some money! Plus this is a fight he can definitely win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        This is a fight every single poster that really likes the sport should be irate about.

Why does Gabe Rosado, who is 5-8 (1 NC) in his last 14 fights get a payday against an undefeated champion?

Rosado should not be allowed to fight let alone be given an opportunity like this.

There are FAR more deserving guys who have earned this chance.

This is what kills the sport.
        I respect you as a poster but disagree.
        ​​​​​​
        Rosado has lost quite a few fights but the dude has fought everyone, a few of those Ls should be Ws. He can sell a fight and he's usually in entertaining scraps. The reason he's still relevant is because the fans still want to see him. He's similar to Chisora in why he continues to get chances. In addition, he just sparked out a 168lb prospect.

I'd rather see Rosado given a decent payday than some dude who has a pretty record based off of select matchmaking.

GBP will ensure Munguia isn't in the ring against anyone too dangerous. It's why he's fought the likes of O'Sullivan, Allotey and Szemerata. It's why he hasn't faced off against Andrade. It's one of the reasons why he's not taking on Derevyenchenko. If Munguia is going to take on a "safe" opponent, it might as well be Rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

I felt like he beat Daniel Jacobs as well, it was a ugly fight but he outworked and out punched Jacobs.

he’s in a nice little winning streak and I would of love to put $$$ on Rosado at 168 but at 160 he’s going to be a skeleton in there.
          He definitely got robbed against Jacobs.

Yeah I feel he might be drained going back down to 160 too

Comment

Winnable fight for Rosado. He is faster but he must improve on his evasiveness. In out style can dedeat munguia

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Are you under the impression that it is Andrade stalling the fight with Munguia? Damn. You can't stall a mandatory. Munguia could have that fight any time he wants. But he doesn't, so that's why it isn't happening. Munguia doesn't for one second believe he'd win that fight. If he did, he'd take the title.
              Not necessarily, but (and I've said this before elsewhere) Andrade has had one of, if not the, weirdest career I've seen for a champion-level boxer. He gets no fights and one could speculate as to why but ultimately I can't help but feel it's done TO him and also done BY him. Without being on the ground day-to-day it's impossible to know, but for a guy to just never get a fight I can't help but think he/his team must be at least partially responsible.

So no, not necessarily but also I don't put it beyond the realm of likely/possibility, if that makes sense

Comment

I don't understand GBP's strategy? Munguia should be fighting Andrade ASAP! Both on DAZN! Their LWs won't fight Haney, and their MW won't fight Andrade nor Dervy? Very strange!

Comment

Corny as hell - i wanted to see Dere challenge this kid. Gabe is not a challenge.

Comment

This is an excellent fight for Jaime. Gabriel does seem to give fighters problems. i actually like it.

Comment

Honestly what questions does a win over Rosado answer for you guys about Munguia? None

What questions does a win over an always game Dere answer for you guys about Munguia? Plenty

Why in the world did he switch from Dere to Gabe? Answers a few questions actually

Comment

Working...
                      X