Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Gabriel Rosado Middleweight Fight Eyed For Late October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    1. Munguia isn’t a champion as you stated he was. So when you say there are guys far more deserving of this chance, what exactly would they be deserving of? The right to fight a guy with no belt, no star status yet, and hardly any accomplishments in the sport? 2. Most real boxing fans respect Gabe Rosado for being one of the few throwback type of fighters who literally will fight anyone. 3. Rosado is arguably the best fighter Munguia has faced so far, so it’s a step up fight for him. Munguia is nowhere near the best fighter rosado has faced. 4. If you’ve followed boxing, you’d know rosados record is deceptive. He could’ve won a few of those losses including against Jacobs 2 fights ago and knocked out a highly regarded prospect in his last fight.
    1. Ok I’m wrong about that. Thought he still had a belt. Don’t think that point negates my other points.

2.He will fight anyone because he gets paid to lose by the networks.

I don’t think that is being a throwback. If we disagree so be it.

Where did I say I didn’t respect him. I just don’t think the opponent in a headline fight should be 5-8-1 in his previous 14 fights.

3. Rosado is not a quality opponent imo. He’s there to lose because generally when he steps up he loses.

4. I do follow boxing. I don’t think that jacobs fight counts more than the rest of his career. that is an outlier.

The guy he ko’d was in his 6 th fight. Highly touted but not enough experience

if I am correct, that fight was at 168. So he’s now coming back down.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-15-2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

1. Ok I’m wrong about that. Thought he still had a belt. Don’t think that point negates my other points.

2.He will fight anyone because he gets paid to lose by the networks.

I don’t think that is being a throwback. If we disagree so be it.

Where did I say I didn’t respect him. I just don’t think the opponent in a headline fight should be 5-8-1 in his previous 14 fights.

3. Rosado is not a quality opponent imo. He’s there to lose because generally when he steps up he loses.

4. I do follow boxing. I don’t think that jacobs fight counts more than the rest of his career. that is an outlier.

The guy he ko’d was in his 6 th fight. Highly touted but not enough experience

if I am correct, that fight was at 168. So he’s now coming back down.

do you think Munguia has faced anyone better than him? Who do you think he should be fighting?

a5pe4 a5pe4 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        This is a fight every single poster that really likes the sport should be irate about.

Why does Gabe Rosado, who is 5-8 (1 NC) in his last 14 fights get a payday against an undefeated champion?

Rosado should not be allowed to fight let alone be given an opportunity like this.

There are FAR more deserving guys who have earned this chance.

This is what kills the sport.
        Idk Munguia has fought a whole lot worse than Rosado. This seems like a step in the right direction if anything.
        a5pe4 a5pe4 likes this.

Comment

I don't hate this fight. Although I think people justifying this one will downplay it if Munguia blows Gabe out of the water. They will also jump for joy with a hype job being exposed if Roado wins. It's really a no win for Munguia
          a5pe4 a5pe4 likes this.

Comment

The way Rosado has been fighting lately one might think this would be a test for Munguia, but I don’t like him draining back down to 160 after said performances have all been at 168, and Munguia being one of the most blatant weight bullies to boot.

Comment

......Why?.......

Comment

Rosado got lucky that the kid he fought the other day was completely green.
                He was getting his ass handed to him and connected one good shot and won.

Why do we have to see this fight????

Comment

It's a bad look for munguia to move up in weight as a WBO champion and not press for the instant title fight with andrade. I think he's just playing for time so he can fight an average fighter for a vacant title when andrade moves up .

His 154 run wasn't the best either.

Comment

I'd rather see him fight Bek the Bully than Rosado.

Comment

Why doesn’t Munguia man up and just fight Andrade straight away? That makes more sense than Gabe cutting back to 160. Also Charlo Doe?

Comment

Working...
                      X