Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Gabriel Rosado Middleweight Fight Eyed For Late October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies and Gents ! The Ultimate Gatekeeper. !!!

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
      Munguia has nothing to gain and everything to lose. But it is good to see Rosado given a chance at such a highly rated boxer. I doubt if Rosado can beat Munguia but should be a good scrap. Good DAZN type fight.
      you know goddamn well Rosado is not going to win that fight lol.

Comment

Teofimo may be a smug punk but at least he dared to be great and it paid off , can't say the same for these young fighters .

Comment

You know what, a lot of you raise some pretty good points on this thread. They're mostly reasonable too, not so much personal insults. There are some good arguments for and against this fight, which makes me describe it as "fair, but on the borderline of unfair and definitely not ideal." I think the Andrade talk is really interesting. I get why Andrade wouldn't want the fight - he's a champ and is lobbying to fight other champs. But, the man needs his name up in lights any chance he can get for that to happen, he's not getting younger. So, he should in theory bite the bullet and fight Munguia.

Munguia himself hasn't fought much of note, Liam Smith was a good win for a 21-year-old Munguia. Sure he beat Spike but c'mon, if it weren't for his mustache and name nobody would care about Spike O'Sullivan. On the one hand, he may be green for Andrade (if Andrade is as good as some believe aka a legitimate champion), OR he may also be unproven and it's a matchup of unknowns.

For that final reason, that uncertainty, I like the Andrade fight more. I can't necessarily knock this one, either. Of course, then you wonder okay if he beats Andrade for the belt, now what? Who could he say confidently he could defend against? Is he ready for the names at 160? Because that's who'd be knocking if he beat Andrade

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I’m commenting on how a guy that is 5-8-1 in his last 14 fights, is getting a premium opportunity ahead of more deserving boxers and how this hurts the sport

It’s not a tough fight in any way. He’s literally coming down in Weight.

He upset some unknown dude in his 6th fight, at 168.

That shouldn’t get you a fight at 160 against an undefeated champion.
            You are one of those who just look at the the records and doesnt really what happened in the actual fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
              I'd rather see him fight Bek the Bully than Rosado.
              Rosado just KO'ed Bek though?

Rosado called out Munguia after that fight - I think it's acceptable fight given Rosado looks rejuvenated but that has been at 168 like others are saying. I'll take Munguia-Derevenchenko, Munguia-Rosado...those two know their way around, Munguia could get taught a thing or two and finally take a legit step

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                I don't like Gabe having to cut back to 160. He's been solid at 168 and think him going back down will do him a big disservice.
                Why do you think Munguia is taking him on in the first place? Not in this world or the next would he take the fight had Gabe being doing what he's been doing lately at 160. They're banking on him being drained. They want people to take it at face value though. But i know what they're doing. It's been going on en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  Why doesn’t Munguia man up and just fight Andrade straight away? That makes more sense than Gabe cutting back to 160. Also Charlo Doe?
                  Munguia would never take the Andrade fight. He's been cherry picking his whole career thus far. That is not going to change any time soon. Andrade would light him up, and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post
                    You know what, a lot of you raise some pretty good points on this thread. They're mostly reasonable too, not so much personal insults. There are some good arguments for and against this fight, which makes me describe it as "fair, but on the borderline of unfair and definitely not ideal." I think the Andrade talk is really interesting. I get why Andrade wouldn't want the fight - he's a champ and is lobbying to fight other champs. But, the man needs his name up in lights any chance he can get for that to happen, he's not getting younger. So, he should in theory bite the bullet and fight Munguia.

Munguia himself hasn't fought much of note, Liam Smith was a good win for a 21-year-old Munguia. Sure he beat Spike but c'mon, if it weren't for his mustache and name nobody would care about Spike O'Sullivan. On the one hand, he may be green for Andrade (if Andrade is as good as some believe aka a legitimate champion), OR he may also be unproven and it's a matchup of unknowns.

For that final reason, that uncertainty, I like the Andrade fight more. I can't necessarily knock this one, either. Of course, then you wonder okay if he beats Andrade for the belt, now what? Who could he say confidently he could defend against? Is he ready for the names at 160? Because that's who'd be knocking if he beat Andrade
                    Are you under the impression that it is Andrade stalling the fight with Munguia? Damn. You can't stall a mandatory. Munguia could have that fight any time he wants. But he doesn't, so that's why it isn't happening. Munguia doesn't for one second believe he'd win that fight. If he did, he'd take the title.

Comment

I want Munguia to fight GGG instead. Eubank would be even better if he was available.

Comment

Working...
                      X