Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Gabriel Rosado Middleweight Fight Eyed For Late October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Munguia would never take the Andrade fight. He's been cherry picking his whole career thus far. That is not going to change any time soon. Andrade would light him up, and he knows it.
    This is true! Let’s make it happen ASAP!Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post

Not necessarily, but (and I've said this before elsewhere) Andrade has had one of, if not the, weirdest career I've seen for a champion-level boxer. He gets no fights and one could speculate as to why but ultimately I can't help but feel it's done TO him and also done BY him. Without being on the ground day-to-day it's impossible to know, but for a guy to just never get a fight I can't help but think he/his team must be at least partially responsible.

So no, not necessarily but also I don't put it beyond the realm of likely/possibility, if that makes sense
      Oh trust me, i know Andrade's career has been one big waste. In the past, some of it was his fault. Some of it not. That big offer to Charlo was legit, but Charlo doesn't believe he could win that fight. So i don't hold that against Andrade in the slightest. But for the Munguia situation, that's all on Munguia. He can call that mandatory in whenever he wants. Andrade has to fight or be stripped. But Munguia knows Andrade would fight him in a heartbeat. And that's his problem. He doesn't want the fight.

I don't know where Andrade goes from here. Having Hearn put up big money for the fights is all he can do to be fair. If they don't take it, what else can he really do? I do think he wants these fights, but they see him as more trouble than he's worth. It is what is is in this horrible era of not fighting the opponents they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Oh trust me, i know Andrade's career has been one big waste. In the past, some of it was his fault. Some of it not. That big offer to Charlo was legit, but Charlo doesn't believe he could win that fight. So i don't hold that against Andrade in the slightest. But for the Munguia situation, that's all on Munguia. He can call that mandatory in whenever he wants. Andrade has to fight or be stripped. But Munguia knows Andrade would fight him in a heartbeat. And that's his problem. He doesn't want the fight.

I don't know where Andrade goes from here. Having Hearn put up big money for the fights is all he can do to be fair. If they don't take it, what else can he really do? I do think he wants these fights, but they see him as more trouble than he's worth. It is what is is in this horrible era of not fighting the opponents they should.
        You make a good point - the fact about Munguia being mandatory had slipped my mind. You're right, even if Andrade didn't want the fight he'd have to take it because if he gets stripped he's literally hopeless for a big fight. My eyes tell me Andrade beats Munguia, but it's so hard to tell based on quality of opponent.

Andrade career is a shame, no matter the reasons you hate to see a career just wasted like this

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

Rosado just KO'ed Bek though?

Rosado called out Munguia after that fight - I think it's acceptable fight given Rosado looks rejuvenated but that has been at 168 like others are saying. I'll take Munguia-Derevenchenko, Munguia-Rosado...those two know their way around, Munguia could get taught a thing or two and finally take a legit step
          I watched that card, I don't remember Rosado calling out Munguia, I do remember thinking WTF, when Munguia called out Rosado, like Rosado is some champion.

Bek, even after the loss is still more dangerous opponent for Munguia. Bet that if he won Munguia wouldn't be calling him out, he's only up for the Spike OSullivan type fights.

Comment

Working...
          X