Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judge In Fox-Maestre Debacle Discovered To Have Pattern of Racism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good look but I get the feeling that this result is more because of corruption that prejudice. One judge having said some bigoted things on twitter doesn't account for the fiasco with the gloves or the other judges' less egregious but still unacceptable scorecards. It's be a mistake to be laser focused on this one judge and let the others off the hook too easily
    NachoMan NachoMan pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

• Told ya WBA is the most sh.tyy boxing organization out there.

Just like what Sean Gibbons said. It's a sanctioning group that assembles in a used car lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The "monkey face" and "go back to the stable" comments make her racist.

Voting for ***** doesn't, but we all know that a bunch of the **** crowd is racist as hell. It is what it is.

***** definitely has pedophile tendencies. Haven't you seen the videos of him being all creepy with young girls?
        You know what the most amusing part is of people who say “racism against blacks doesn’t exist.”? Is that 99% of people who say that are not black.

My wife, who is white, a ***** supporter, and a conservative person (I have no political affiliation so idc what side my friends, coworkers or family are; doesn’t bother me) who grew up in the countryside of CA and admits being raised in the middle of nowhere; says that there is no such thing as racism against blacks because, in her own words, she has never witnessed it. Her reasoning for saying cops are nice people and she has never met a racist cop, is that the few times she has interacted with police they were nice to her. And to her, it is a genuine belief. She is not trolling or saying it out of malice or hatred. It is a strong belief of hers.

This might sound so naive, that it seems like she is ****** and clueless. But this is actually the typical mindset of non-black people. They do not and can not experience it, so it’s not real.

A white racist can post anti-black posts in a white supremacist forum with his other like-minded e-buddies, shoot up a Church full of black people, admit that he did it because he hates black people; and still, some people will say that was not racist.

Never having issues with cops and never witnessing racism against blacks, while being white, means there is no such thing as racism. If it does not happen to you or your family and friends, then it does not exist. Meanwhile, those same people say that white people are the victims of racism from black people. You know the same people who owned ****** and the same people that blacks had to fight against as recently as the 1960s just to get some equal opportunities and be treated at least a fraction of how whites are treated. Yes, those people are the one’s being racist. We all know that it was actually a black man who entered an all-white church to shoot them all up because they are white.

I do not care about someone’s skin color, it does nothing for me. But as a non-black person, I am not naive to what goes on in the world. From slavery of people still existing today, human-trafficking, mass ***ual abuse of children, and racism. These things are all part of what we do as humans. The ugly side of being human exists and some groups of people are just in denial about the evil that goes on in this world. This is why things are so slow to get better. People see something wrong and their reaction is “it’s okay, nothing to see here.”

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You know what the most amusing part is of people who say “racism against blacks doesn’t exist.”? Is that 99% of people who say that are not black.

My wife, who is white, a ***** supporter, and a conservative person (I have no political affiliation so idc what side my friends, coworkers or family are; doesn’t bother me) who grew up in the countryside of CA and admits being raised in the middle of nowhere; says that there is no such thing as racism against blacks because, in her own words, she has never witnessed it. Her reasoning for saying cops are nice people and she has never met a racist cop, is that the few times she has interacted with police they were nice to her. And to her, it is a genuine belief. She is not trolling or saying it out of malice or hatred. It is a strong belief of hers.

This might sound so naive, that it seems like she is ****** and clueless. But this is actually the typical mindset of non-black people. They do not and can not experience it, so it’s not real.

A white racist can post anti-black posts in a white supremacist forum with his other like-minded e-buddies, shoot up a Church full of black people, admit that he did it because he hates black people; and still, some people will say that was not racist.

Never having issues with cops and never witnessing racism against blacks, while being white, means there is no such thing as racism. If it does not happen to you or your family and friends, then it does not exist. Meanwhile, those same people say that white people are the victims of racism from black people. You know the same people who owned ****** and the same people that blacks had to fight against as recently as the 1960s just to get some equal opportunities and be treated at least a fraction of how whites are treated. Yes, those people are the one’s being racist. We all know that it was actually a black man who entered an all-white church to shoot them all up because they are white.

I do not care about someone’s skin color, it does nothing for me. But as a non-black person, I am not naive to what goes on in the world. From slavery of people still existing today, human-trafficking, mass ***ual abuse of children, and racism. These things are all part of what we do as humans. The ugly side of being human exists and some groups of people are just in denial about the evil that goes on in this world. This is why things are so slow to get better. People see something wrong and their reaction is “it’s okay, nothing to see here.”
          An elegant and well thought out post, Kev.

I'm with your opinion, but I'd say your woman has her head completely in the sand, because she was sheltered all her life. Maybe by her choice too. My experience is totally opposite. As an educated, beyond Western education, well credentialed Black man, I can honestly say I've never met a good white cop, in all my life.

Same country, different realities.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 08-10-2021, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• This is truly heartbreaking, the fact a man has taken himself away from friends family, sacrificed everything to win a fight, they then do that but because some bigot who somehow slipped into a judges panel doesn’t like his skin colour, they have the power to end a career basically!

this surely just shows everybody that judges need to be ex fighters, they’re needs to be more scrutinising of officials.

Comment

• Forget a rematch , change the result of this fight , that's justice. Now Fox has to beat the guy twice but will still have a blemish on his record. That's b.s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

They're corrupt but that's a different conversion.

I've said racist things towards whites plenty growing up. If they knew, they'd have every reason to believe I wouldn't give them a fair shake if I was to judge them. Fox news might have you "standin' up fer yer raghts" but this isn't rocket science.
                Fox News? You watch too much MSLSD, CNN, and all the other alphabet news channels. I cut cable 7 years ago. I don’t allow news media dictate what I can see with my very own two eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Fox News? You watch too much MSLSD, CNN, and all the other alphabet news channels. I cut cable 7 years ago. I don’t allow news media dictate what I can see with my very own two eyes.
                  These angry Afro-centrists are hypocrites. You can’t reason with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    This has nothing to do with racism. She should be held accountable for her comments but her scoring of the fight was because Maestre is the house fighter and as Paulie famously said: “the more politically connected fighter usually gets the decision”. Unlawful links between sanctioning bodies and powerful brokers in the sport are what is behind this sort of corruption not racist tweets. Don’t give them a way out by pulling the race card. Black, White, Asian, Latino fighters etc are consistently being robbed if they’re on the B side and it’s because of CORRUPTION!
                    So the powers that be wanted Maestre a 35 yr old immigrant Venezuelan with 4 fights ranked 120 in the world to win? Interesting!

A3965723-8174-4F63-8679-04691C559C3C.jpeg
                    Last edited by Amir Imam; 08-10-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I never said she shouldn’t. I said her bias judging is because of corruption not racism and her back catalogue of clear bias towards the house fighter strongly supports that notion.

She should have already been removed before the racism even came to light. Look at her track record… It’s sad that takes something like this to even get her removed.
                      Subject seems to be bothering you.

I said her bias judging is because of corruption not racism

This is just your opinion but you’re saying it as if you have scientific proof to back up your claim. You don’t know this woman from a can of paint.
                      Last edited by Amir Imam; 08-10-2021, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X