Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I Told Haymon I Want Crawford After Pacquiao Or Else I'm Moving To 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see Thurman vs Spence next, winner vs Bud. Manny retires after Split D vs Spence.

Comment

Spence says he won’t fight Thurman.

Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post
      I can see Thurman vs Spence next, winner vs Bud. Manny retires after Split D vs Spence.

Comment

If Errol Spence JUST told Haymon he wants to (maybe) fight Crawford…what was he telling Haymon while all his little fan boys were pretending it was Crawford’s fault the fight wasn’t happening?

Crawford has wanted this fight since forever and Spence openly admits he’s JUST NOW decided Crawford could be next in line.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          If Errol Spence JUST told Haymon he wants to (maybe) fight Crawford…what was he telling Haymon while all his little fan boys were pretending it was Crawford’s fault the fight wasn’t happening?

Crawford has wanted this fight since forever and Spence openly admits he’s JUST NOW decided Crawford could be next in line.
          Crawford said he’d only take a 60/40 split in his favor. Pricing himself so he can hide behind Arum giving him crap fights is a straight duck.
          revelated likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

This is the correct answer and has been for many years with Spence.

Every single person he's said he wants to fight, he has lined up and fought and beat them at some point when the other side comes to terms.

He's doing what Crawford only talks about doing.

That's why I keep saying Crawford should just accept B-Side if he thinks he could beat Spence - because it would literally SKYROCKET him if he could topple Spence at this point and wouldn't really hurt him that much if he lost. That's how much higher Spence is in the totem.

In fact, I would argue that just being across from Spence and putting in a hell of a performance, win-lose-draw, would actually help Crawford's numbers.

Golovkin was the same thing, he became an A-Side after losing to Canelo just because he was in there with a strong-drawing A-Side that gave him wider audience exposure.
            I disagree. Nobody would give a **** about Crawford if his name wasn't attached to Errol Spence as Spence's 'marquee' matchup. If Spence moves up to 154 nobody is going to care about Crawford anymore unless he moves up to 154 with him which I highly doubt Crawford really wants those 154 problems, them boys can punch in that weight class.

Crawford backed himself into a corner attaching his name to Spence to build himself up instead of actually making captivating fights and beating solid names these last few years. It's funny Crawford's numbers started to do better AFTER he attached himself to Spence and they are still pretty pitiful. If he doesn't fight Spence he will become irrelevant overnight, a win over Josh Taylor would be good for his resume as a boxer, but it isn't gonna make him any bigger of a draw to anyone.

Comment

It’s called negotiating.

That fight deserves a 50-50 split.

Hes not going to start at 50 because he represents his interests.

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post

Crawford said he’d only take a 60/40 split in his favor. Pricing himself so he can hide behind Arum giving him crap fights is a straight duck.

Comment

No one cares about Terence Crawford but they care about Errol Spence?

Jesus what a delusional fan base.

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post

I disagree. Nobody would give a **** about Crawford if his name wasn't attached to Errol Spence as Spence's 'marquee' matchup. If Spence moves up to 154 nobody is going to care about Crawford anymore unless he moves up to 154 with him which I highly doubt Crawford really wants those 154 problems, them boys can punch in that weight class.

Crawford backed himself into a corner attaching his name to Spence to build himself up instead of actually making captivating fights and beating solid names these last few years. It's funny Crawford's numbers started to do better AFTER he attached himself to Spence and they are still pretty pitiful. If he doesn't fight Spence he will become irrelevant overnight, a win over Josh Taylor would be good for his resume as a boxer, but it isn't gonna make him any bigger of a draw to anyone.
                peplz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  No one cares about Terence Crawford but they care about Errol Spence?

Jesus what a delusional fan base.

Yes they care about Errol Spence and not Crawford the ****?! You realize Errol Spence will still sell PPVs at 154 right? Crawford can't sell PPVs at 140 or 147. You Bud Man fans need to pop his dick out your mouth calling anybody delusional. Crawford is a ****ING NOBODY. He was a NOBODY in the amatuers, and as a pro he is the most forgettable P4P #1 I've ever seen, his own promoter even tells you he can't attract flies to ****ing **** and you have the nerve to call me delusional?! You're a certified wierdo bro. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post

I disagree. Nobody would give a **** about Crawford if his name wasn't attached to Errol Spence as Spence's 'marquee' matchup.
                    From the moment Spence beat prime Barrera, every single opponent he has faced except two (Bundu and Peterson) has had their profile elevated. Even Chris Algieri who went on to become an A-Side and a title holder with stronger performances than before he fought Spence. Even Ocampo who Spence knocked spark out, has now gone on to spark out everyone in front of him and is right back in the Top 10 rankings.

I get what you're saying, what you're missing is that Spence's profile is high. Visibility is high. That means anyone he fights is going to be eyed very closely for performance.

When Spence fought Danny after the accident, people favored Spence, but nobody thought Danny would get washed. The guy was fresh off a car wreck, fighting a guy in Danny Swift who gave Thurman and Porter all they could handle - yet Spence walked right through him. But even in loss, Danny Swift took 4 rounds off Spence. That means he will be considered a top fighter. Same with Porter who took 5-6 rounds off Spence.

If Crawford fought Spence the only way it doesn't help him at all is if he gets blown out like Mikey did - and even you don't think he'd get beat that bad.

Comment

This fight had the best chance of happening when both had 1 belt each and PBC would still have 2 belts left over if Spence lost. Anyone that thinks this fight happens now is a sap. If the choices are Crawford or 154, we’ll be seeing Spence at 154 next.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-16-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X