Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields: I Was Never Able To Get My Just Due In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jblack79 View Post
    Most of you all sound like racist, ***ist, little bitches that have never laced up a pair of gloves, and who probably couldn't even buy ***** from a woman. Sheilds is a beautiful woman who has been a great representative of the sport. And this is the best you all can do for her? ****ing ridiculous
    A+ troll post Alt Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Girls should compete in cook-offs with their tittties hanging out.
      If a girl makes an OF & does this I predict she'll make at least 5 digits a month.

Do like legit lil recipes. T^tties big & small, all sizes, colors & shapes. This is a winning business plan right here brother.
      Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        Unfortunately for her, she came at a time where there's not a lot of good women boxers.
        When would you have recommended her come around? Outside of that Laila Ali era I think any time to have been around for a bigger female boxer is speculative & in the future maybe cuz idk that there has been a competitive time for female boxing in any weight division but for sure not for bigger girls. Sh^t there was literally 11 girls iirc in one of the divisions Shields was competing in at one time, if not still, & like half of them hadn't even won a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          This chick is ugly and manly looking like the Williams sisters. Take this broad somewhere cuz she annoying as hell lol.

*** Boxing. Girls should compete in cook-offs with their tittties hanging out.
          I guarantee you this dumb ho3 cant cook. Definitely not interested in seeing her breasts (if she got any) out.

Comment

Ultimately, no one owes her a living. The money in the sport relates to how many people are interested in watching it and that in turn dictates how much the participants get paid.
            It cuts both ways to a degree. Women's boxing is a sport that is in its infancy compared to men's boxing. This means the depth of competition is less and it's easier to accomplish more -- as she has done. But at the same time, it means there is less reward for doing so.

Now, she doesn't have to neccessarily accept the rough with the smooth. She can do as she's done and go to a different sport to try and earn more (fair play to her) or she could try and grow female boxing to a point where she earns more. She gets a big piece of a small pie. Make the pie bigger and she will get more. She could start doing that by giving the boxing audience compelling fights. Savannah Marshall would be just such a matchup. But Shields doesn't seem to want it. Fair enough, she can fight whom she wants. Just don't bltch about how unfair it is.
            BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

I like Claressa and I tune in to women's boxing, but the 2 minute rounds are pure torture. They need a full 3min to get cooking properly

Comment

If fans aren't paying to see you then tough ****. Live with it. It's no one's fault stop your ****ing crying. Your accomplishments still stand but no one owes you a living crybaby.

Comment

Most of you all sound like racist, ***ist, little bitches that have never laced up a pair of gloves, and who probably couldn't even buy ***** from a woman. Sheilds is a beautiful woman who has been a great representative of the sport. And this is the best you all can do for her? ****ing ridiculous
                  s
                  No one owes her anything. Her accomplishments still stand but if fans aren't paying to watch her then tough ****. Math and business apparently weren't her strong suits. She can cook up all the bull**** excuses in the world (she's black, she's a woman, blah, blah, blah, blah) but if no one is paying to see her it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                    Ultimately, no one owes her a living. The money in the sport relates to how many people are interested in watching it and that in turn dictates how much the participants get paid.
                    It cuts both ways to a degree. Women's boxing is a sport that is in its infancy compared to men's boxing. This means the depth of competition is less and it's easier to accomplish more -- as she has done. But at the same time, it means there is less reward for doing so.

Now, she doesn't have to neccessarily accept the rough with the smooth. She can do as she's done and go to a different sport to try and earn more (fair play to her) or she could try and grow female boxing to a point where she earns more. She gets a big piece of a small pie. Make the pie bigger and she will get more. She could start doing that by giving the boxing audience compelling fights. Savannah Marshall would be just such a matchup. But Shields doesn't seem to want it. Fair enough, she can fight whom she wants. Just don't bltch about how unfair it is.
                    This is a great breakdown of how things work with Shields & honestly anyone in boxing. I mean look at the lil guys. Most of the 3 weight division champions come from 105, 108, 112 & thats cuz those are the closest 3 weight divisions to each other & they are 3 of the least deep divisions in boxing. That said not a whole lot of folks give a fook about the lil guy divisions so despite most of the 3 division champs being from those divisions I'd bet virtually none of them have seen a high 6 figure purse. It is what it is.

And the Savannah thing is a very specific angle to Shields' issues in securing bigger money. If you don't got a deep division you kinda gotta find a villain or make yourself a villain. So dismissing anyone as your equal or potential equal just hurts you. Shields needs to be mentioning Savannah & showing up to Savannah's fights even if shes wanting a bigger payday. You gotta build sh^t up not push it down.

Comment

She has every right to be upset. She has accomplished more in boxing in a short period of time than anyone who has laced up, man or woman.
                      . You are joking right ? I cannot be bothered to explain the business and to you , just read the comments above and hopefully you will understand, it’s nothing personal but you obviously do not understand sport and business.

Comment

Working...
                      X