Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is absolutely nothing special about Devin Haney.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is absolutely nothing special about Devin Haney.

I’ve said this for a while too, I think after his performances vs Gamboa and Linares people are now starting to agree.

At least the 135 version of AB actually looked impressive whilst people were hyping him up as the future of the sport.

There’s no way in hell this kid could hang with Teofimo or Tank. Even Ryan Garcia walks through him IMO.

Nah he has the best skills but he's black Paulie until he starts putting people away
    creekrat77 creekrat77 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post
      Nah he has the best skills but he's black Paulie until he starts putting people away
      I don’t even think he’s that skilled tbh man, I really don’t see anything special in the kid.

Not saying he’s a bad fighter he’s a legit top 10 or even top 5 lightweight but I just don’t think he’s in the same league as the other young lightweights like Teofimo, Tank, Garcia in terms of talent.

Comment

Lol stop it. I don’t like like the kid but he’s got skills just little pop.

Getting buzzed by Linares is better than being dropped by Campbell. I do agree that Teo and Tank bear him though.
        Last edited by _original_; 06-01-2021, 08:46 PM.
        Rip Chudd Rip Chudd likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He’s got good skills but so does Tevin Farmer. That doesn’t make you special. I just don’t see anything in Haney that makes me think he’s a potentially elite or great fighter.

Whether I dislike him or not doesn’t come into it. I can’t stand Ryan Garcia for example but the kid clearly has exceptional hand speed and legit power, he’s a potentially special fighter because of those assets, Haney simply isn’t IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post
            That would be sweet if that was his official nickname

When he does his ring walk the ring announcer could be like, "DEVIN "THE BLACK PAULIE" HAAAAAAAANEYYYYY"!!!!!

And then the crowd would roar
            evets evets Zaroku Zaroku eco1 eco1 billeau2 billeau2 _Rexy_ _Rexy_ and 1 others like this.

Comment

Hes pretty good. I like his jab but yeah i agree. He has surprisingly little power and soon as he faces an aggressive fighter like stank or lopez he'll get laid out. Ryan has the speed and power to put him out but hes not as aggressive so i see a late stoppage. Which is why i see him begging ryan for a fight. He sees him as the weakest link

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                I’ve said this for a while too, I think after his performances vs Gamboa and Linares people are now starting to agree.

At least the 135 version of AB actually looked impressive whilst people were hyping him up as the future of the sport.

There’s no way in hell this kid could hang with Teofimo or Tank. Even Ryan Garcia walks through him IMO.
                Ryan had the opportunity but pussed out remember.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Getting buzzed by Linares is better than being dropped by Campbell. I do agree that Teo and Tank bear him though.
                  But stopping Cambell(who has never been stopped)the way Ryan did is more impressive than hugging for dear life against an old chinny Linares.

Motofan Motofan likes this.

Comment

I’ve been saying the same thing for a while too Haney is just not special and just because he’s black folks want to act like he’s some “skilled” guy he’s NOT!!!!

Hes sloppy lunges with his shots and gets off balance a lot too just like Andrade.

Teo, Ryan and Tank hurt him badly.
                    Idunnoshet Idunnoshet likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X