Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Expand To Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany: The Goal is 'Global Domination'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope it doesn't end up like Alfredo's UK takeover.

Comment

I have resided in Australia all my life and have been a boxing fan for 25 years.

We are desperate for not only investment but real change - Hearn better do his homework on Australian boxing's power brokers, as it can be a pit of snakes.

I am happy that a major promoter who appears to also have a genuine passion for boxing wants to lift the sport out of the doldrums and back, front and centre as a major sport.

Once upon a time here boxing was a front-page news story and major talking point. Now it hardly gets a mention. Bring it on Eddie.
      asgarth likes this.

Comment

Funny, the negative comments and likes are from the same gimps that claimed he couldn’t deliver the deal for the AJ, Fury fight.

Comment

People talking about mismatches with Hearn? Look at the state of the average PBC or Top Rank card. Haymon recently charged you Americans $50 for 2 fighters that picked up an L in their fight before. Was there even a world title on the card?

PBC fans:
          "We don't want Canelo-Saunders and other fights the rest of the month for $10"
          "We want Ruiz-Arreola for $50"

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-17-2021, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I hope Eddie can put on some cards in Toronto. We never get any televised boxing events due to the commission here.

Comment

Boxing is and should be a global sport so sounds like a good idea to me. I hope this helps boxing to grow.
              Szef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                Yes the world needs more mis-match garbage fights to not care about. The DAZN red ink is going to be comparable to the US national debt soon with Hearn spending the money.
                So let’s get this straight - according to some members on here, Matchroom fights are mismatches, yet Hearn has also been getting a load of stick for his fighters/prospects losing due to matching them up with tough opponents. Meanwhile most US fighters take on at least 30 cab drivers before they even consider any kind of challenge.

Which is it? And if they’re mismatches, why aren’t they all winning? Or is it just the hatred of Hearn again?

Comment

So is the US takeover finished then?
                  !-1 and Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by rmorris003 View Post
                    I hope Eddie can put on some cards in Toronto. We never get any televised boxing events due to the commission here.
                    I wouldnt count on it. We still have same day weigh ins on top of all the other BS in the Ontario commission. Quebec or Michigan unfortunately if we want to see good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post

So let’s get this straight - according to some members on here, Matchroom fights are mismatches, yet Hearn has also been getting a load of stick for his fighters/prospects losing due to matching them up with tough opponents. Meanwhile most US fighters take on at least 30 cab drivers before they even consider any kind of challenge.

Which is it? And if they’re mismatches, why aren’t they all winning? Or is it just the hatred of Hearn again?
                      he's not matching them with tough opponents and the losing though. He's pairing them in fights that are SUPPOSED to be mismatches

warrington vs lara, kelly vs avanesyan, these weren't fights that were expected to be big step ups. They were fights where the drunken brits were going "Who the F is Lara? Whatever, lets get drunk and sing"
                      !-1 and Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X