Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Expand To Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany: The Goal is 'Global Domination'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn To Expand To Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany: The Goal is 'Global Domination'

Eddie Hearn is preparing to begin regular promotions in Australia, Canada, Germany and Japan this year as he puts into a place his plans to turn Matchroom into the world's biggest boxing promoters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can't imagine the comments that will be coming in on this story...
    NorvernRob, krazy_d3 and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Can't imagine the comments that will be coming in on this story...
      Just sit back and enjoy the PROPA BANTA!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Just sit back and enjoy the PROPA BANTA!
        Like a clockwork lmao.

Comment

It's honestly great for boxing Eddie Hearn is a jackass but he knows business and seems to be a true fan of the sport by trying to make some solid fights. All these regions have a lot of talent that get's overlooked or upcoming fighters who can become something if given the exposure. I'm for it I don't think it will do any harm sure some of the fighters are unknown and some are going to be out of their league and disappear eventually but a few will be diamonds in the rough and wouldn't be surprised if there is a world champion from Spain or Italy in the next 10 years or less seems there hasn't been many in recent years. Japan everyone knows they produce quality fighters so now it's just about exposure I'm sure Australia has some good up and comers as well and Canada has been on the up in recent years especially the Haitian and Colombian diaspora
          krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

As a fan, this is the best possible thing they could do. Honestly, I'd prefer them to drop the US dreams and leave everything to TR and PBC and throw more money into other countries. I love the international cards and there are tons of places where more investment into the fighters and their development could breed great results. Spain definitely needs continued attention, don't think we'll see much come out of Italy, but those are usually fun cards. I like the idea of shows in Australia, though I again don't see the quality being great. Canada is a good addition. Germany makes a ton of sense, there's become a power vacuum there in the last decade and they've fallen off the map as far as promotion and fighters. Poland is another place I'd like to see them go. I imagine they will invest even more heavily in Mexico now.

Japan is the potential gold mine imo if they can take it. Absolutely LOADED on talent from about 140 and below, big boxing following in the country but no real outreach to international exposure for most of their fighters. Think they also need to continue to focus on signing top amateurs out of places like Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc that are churning out serious talent but don't have the infrastructure to stage big fights at home. Those are the kinda guys they should be bringing to the US and continuing to develop their young US guys. Forget the dream of signing established American starts, it's just never really gonna happen, but there are other routes to being very successful with this. I just hope we get more and more international fights on DAZN.

Comment

SInce the Mike Tysons ruled the world American promotions just went more and more in on itself American champions just fighting each other in America you could hardly call them
              world champions.

This is great for the sport and hopefully, some of the other promotions push out as well.

Comment

Yes the world needs more mis-match garbage fights to not care about. The DAZN red ink is going to be comparable to the US national debt soon with Hearn spending the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  I'd prefer them to drop the US dreams and leave everything to TR and PBC and throw more money into other countries.
                  That's not going to happen any time soon. The most money is in US boxing and DAZN put more money into boxing than Fox, Showtime or ESPN do individually. He will focus on working with fighters that can make a profit rather than having a huge stable. Canelo, Teofimo Lopez, Haney. Matchroom's collaborative approach and signing young talent will win out

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Honestly, I'd prefer them to drop the US dreams and leave everything to TR and PBC and throw more money into other countries.
                    Why in the world would you want that, can you honestly say what TR & PBC have been doing has been working in the best interests of the fans or to grow the sport? I could understand if you think dazn would have to waste too much money that could be better spent in other territories, but since Caleno has been working with Hearn I think that situation has turned around in the US.

In the same period that boxing in the UK has reached something like top a 3 or 4 sport it has been a on continual decline in the US, love them or hate them Matchroom has been a significant if not the main driver of that.

Hearn cops criticism for his fighters losing, as if people actually want promoters to avoid putting their fighters in competitive matchups, its insanity.

The main criticism I have with dazn is the lack of content in my territory anyway (Australia), if they start having all matchroom cards, which is something like 50 a year, probably more with this expansion, that would go a huge way to fixing that.

I honestly think the two brightest spots for boxing at the moment is Hearn's promotion approach, i.e. making the big fights and making them events, and secondly Canelo's recent frequency. If other promoters and fighters can look at the success those are bringing and up their game it could only help boxing in general.

Comment

Working...
                    X