Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Expand To Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany: The Goal is 'Global Domination'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    Intriguing...

I see he is attempting to make his company brand bigger and more lucrative in the boxing business so now he is looking beyond the U.K. or America in general and is trying to extend his roster/stable off fighters to those countries he mentioned..

question is will his gamble pay off with getting talent from those countries and be a success in the long run? or will the idea perhaps flop down the line and hit a dead end? only time will tell..
    This feels more of a DAZN thing than a Eddie thing to me. Not that Eddie's ego isn't fully onboard with it, but does anyone reallllllly think Eddie is going to Aussieland, Japan, Canada & Germany & gonna start signing up all the top talent? I mean look what he did with his US venture. He signed the best guys available, which looked very Roc Nation-ish & only had slightly more impact than Roc Nation while bringing all these UK guys to the US. I suspect these new ventures into new countries will look very similar & its about providing DAZN with world wide content thats more relevant to these other regions than true "global domination".

Idk, we will obviously see doe, but based on the lackluster US run I'm not expecting anything more than decent content for these other regions & nothing close to domination. Maybe if Eddie is lucky he can backdoor his way into some big names in these countries like he did with Canelo, but beyond that I have low expectations. Definitely needs to sign up Tim Tszyu doe. Get that guy fighting outside of Aussieland.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

This feels more of a DAZN thing than a Eddie thing to me. Not that Eddie's ego isn't fully onboard with it, but does anyone reallllllly think Eddie is going to Aussieland, Japan, Canada & Germany & gonna start signing up all the top talent? I mean look what he did with his US venture. He signed the best guys available, which looked very Roc Nation-ish & only had slightly more impact than Roc Nation while bringing all these UK guys to the US. I suspect these new ventures into new countries will look very similar & its about providing DAZN with world wide content thats more relevant to these other regions than true "global domination".

Idk, we will obviously see doe, but based on the lackluster US run I'm not expecting anything more than decent content for these other regions & nothing close to domination. Maybe if Eddie is lucky he can backdoor his way into some big names in these countries like he did with Canelo, but beyond that I have low expectations. Definitely needs to sign up Tim Tszyu doe. Get that guy fighting outside of Aussieland.
      You make a fair point...

one can only assume that he is being backed or enticed by some higher ups or business people to be able to make such claims and trying to bring his plans off expansion to fruition..

who knows its a possibility he knows or has some information or striked up some deals which is now allowing him the resources to outsource and try to make his efforts go to a global stage so to speak to increase his profits and also make his brand name for his promotion grow to another level...
      Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Working...
      X