Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Expand To Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany: The Goal is 'Global Domination'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
    nobody takes over America
    You lie!!!!! Edward Hearn single handily built and made Canelo Alvarez what he is today! Without Eddie Hearn, Canelo would be some local fighter in Tijuana! Never mind his star studded affairs on showtime and hbo!
    !-1 likes this.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      No one in the USA gives a damn about Hearn only you sweet carolines toss off to him
      Ironically, you really seem to give a damn.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

        Or they'll just discuss boxing, on a boxing discussion board.
        Kelly/Avanesyan was always a competetive match up. Lara was pretty unknown but was said to be a mexican with punching power. That usually makes for a dangerous opponent and an entertaining fight. I don't even like Hearn as a person, never have but it makes sense that he would intentionally put on competetive, entertaining fights. It's in his interest as that's what fans want.
        Last edited by Apollo7; 05-17-2021, 06:27 PM.

        Comment


        • #44
          In all honesty, if any promotion/network were to pick up the Japanese fights I'd be all for that. I could give two ****s what network it is

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post

            Kelly/Avanesyan was always a competetive match up. Lara was pretty unknown but was said to be a mexican with punching power. That usually makes for a dangerous opponent and an entertaining fight. I don't even like Hearn as a person, never have but it makes sense that he would intentionally put on competetive, entertaining fights. It's in his is interest as that's what fans want.
            Avanesyan was competitive in the eyes of a lot of us who knew what Kelly really was, but Lara was supposed to be a mismatch. No different than what they tried on the Canelo card with Soto/Takayama (38 year old career minimum weight who had one fight in five years and took the fight on a months notice) that was supposed to be a highlight reel knockout for Soto. These promoters are using the WWF model from the 90's where everyone gets a "squash match" problem is, this is ****ing real.
            !-1 likes this.

            Comment


            • #46
              Sounding like the 4th Reich

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                I have resided in Australia all my life and have been a boxing fan for 25 years.

                We are desperate for not only investment but real change - Hearn better do his homework on Australian boxing's power brokers, as it can be a pit of snakes.

                I am happy that a major promoter who appears to also have a genuine passion for boxing wants to lift the sport out of the doldrums and back, front and centre as a major sport.

                Once upon a time here boxing was a front-page news story and major talking point. Now it hardly gets a mention. Bring it on Eddie.
                Definitely. I've been in Australia for 18 years.

                Decent local fights go on Main Event PPV for $60 so there's no eyes on local talent. Overseas events are either hidden on Main Event or don't even get broadcast.

                And don't get me started on the Barry Hall, Paul Gallen type stuff. That they are the 'big events' here is just sad.

                There's a market here if someone has the nuts to actually promote the sport. I'm sure there are other examples around the world.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

                  Avanesyan was competitive in the eyes of a lot of us who knew what Kelly really was, but Lara was supposed to be a mismatch. No different than what they tried on the Canelo card with Soto/Takayama (38 year old career minimum weight who had one fight in five years and took the fight on a months notice) that was supposed to be a highlight reel knockout for Soto. These promoters are using the WWF model from the 90's where everyone gets a "squash match" problem is, this is ****ing real.
                  If they wanted an easy fight for Warrington, surely they would have gotten someone who they know isn't a threat. Not some young, hungry dangerous puncher on a winning streak. Doesn't make sense. Seems more likely they didn't feel the need to get a soft touch for Warrington because he was quite proven, experienced and was supposed to be one of the top guys in the division.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post

                    If they wanted an easy fight for Warrington, surely they would have gotten someone who they know isn't a threat. Not some young, hungry dangerous puncher on a winning streak. Doesn't make sense. Seems more likely they didn't feel the need to get a soft touch for Warrington because he was quite proven, experienced and was supposed to be one of the top guys in the division.
                    Warrington had literally just dropped his title to avoid rematching Kid Galahad, not to mention that Lara wasn't even ranked. While yes, he was on a winning streak, his last five opponents had a collective record of 67-30-8

                    The fight was made to make Warrington look good IMO. Showcase fight.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      World Wide Euro Bum Tour Coming Soon!!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP