Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Knocks Luis Nery Out in Seventh, Captures WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post

The other guy was the one who disparaged Inoue due to his own insecurities.
    Maybe, maybe not.

But Nery losing to Figueroa at 122 has no bearing on how a fight with Inoue would have gone at 118.

Comment

• Great fight, great card. Thank you Mexican fighters. No running, no hugging, machismo, bravado.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Maybe, maybe not.

But Nery losing to Figueroa at 122 has no bearing on how a fight with Inoue would have gone at 118.
        My dispute wasn't with any statement regarding how Inoue would have faired, but rather the obvious bias of someone using a more ridiculous analogy about Inoue and Montiel which clearly came from a place of insecurity.

Comment

• Figueroa - Nery was a very bad fight. Both guys fight like total bums, zero defense, zero strategy in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post

My dispute wasn't with any statement regarding how Inoue would have faired, but rather the obvious bias of someone using a more ridiculous analogy about Inoue and Montiel which clearly came from a place of insecurity.
            Ah, got you. I misunderstood.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I can’t do anything other than praise Figueroa. He clearly has no regard for defense, has poor accuracy, and does not appear as he uses sound boxing fundamentals. He’s just a kid who puts gloves on starts throwing punches. Pretty much like Wilder. But he still won. He beat a guy that was more technically sound than him. He just overwhelmed Nery. Crazy ass stamina, will, determination. This kid is going to get KO’ed soon but it’s impressive how flawed he is and how he beat a pretty damn good fighter in Nery.

Figueroa trained for a long distance marathon. Nery was loading up on all of his punches and appeared to have trained for an early KO with the way he was throwing. Amazing fight all around, just because of the little skills Figueroa showed and won like that.
              Kind of sounds like you absolutely CAN do something besides praise him!!

Honestly, I get what you are saying. The man comes to fight, and trains to his strengths. Along the way, he dares you to stop him. I was just amused by the phrasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
                Maybe I'm blind, but I saw Figueroa doing rock em sock em robots just like his brother does. Good that he got the belt, but now what? I mean... correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he need some actual boxing skills now that he's in this league? How long can he keep fighting like this and not get stopped?

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I think Cool Boy Steph wins, but I don;t know if he can get the KO? Unlike Omar, Brandon is in the right weight class! Omar should've never went past 140!
                You likely have a point on the weight class, I'd forgotten about that. Thanx.

SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
                  Maybe I'm blind, but I saw Figueroa doing rock em sock em robots just like his brother does. Good that he got the belt, but now what? I mean... correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he need some actual boxing skills now that he's in this league? How long can he keep fighting like this and not get stopped?

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Depends on the chin I guess. Omar was a 135 pound fighter who didn't get stopped until a 147 fighter caved his ribs in
                  Yes, another fan made the point about Omar moving up when he shouldn't have. I'd forgotten about that. Thanx.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Originally posted by PunchyPotorff

Yes, another fan made the point about Omar moving up when he shouldn't have. I'd forgotten about that. Thanx.
                    Omar is a recovering alcoholic, which likely is the reason he's campaigning at 147 now. Liquor does so much to your body, he probably couldn't get to his natural division now unless he removed a limb

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
                      I agree. Given Brandon's natural advantage of height and reach over just about anyone in his weight class, he should be boxing the ears off of his opponents. Instead, he's just putting his head down and going for it. A boxer with more skill and power will have a field day against his style.
                      PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X