Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Knocks Luis Nery Out in Seventh, Captures WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Maybe I'm blind, but I saw Figueroa doing rock em sock em robots just like his brother does. Good that he got the belt, but now what? I mean... correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he need some actual boxing skills now that he's in this league? How long can he keep fighting like this and not get stopped?

Comment

• Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
        Boy I really got this one wrong. Nery looked like shiat though. Sluggish, slow and no groove. Credit to Figueroa, making up with fighting spirit what he lacks in technique. This said, I think Fulton smokes him.
        Nery actually looked pretty good early on but his power aint that good at 122 and figueroa got a decent chin. Add the mental fatigue caused by figueroa’s pressure and pace and the ko was just a matter of time. Also picking fulton.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

• Helluva a fight and props to Figueroa. I honestly thought it'll be the Monsta that KO'd Nery but that's boxing. Lack of defense and secondary game plan is why he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Jake Donovan - For the second time in as many tries, Brandon Figueroa turned in a performance to remember on the heels of his brother turning in one to forget. In a career-best effort to date, the 24-year-old Figueroa knocked out Luis Nery in the 7th round to become a legitimate titleholder in the 122-pound division. Their two-belt title fight ended with Figueroa putting Nery down for the count in their Showtime main event Saturday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            no carne,no party

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
              Well, as usual lately I was wrong. GREAT win for Figs. This is a fun division.

Will also be interesting to see how Nery recovers from this.
              with PEDs, most likely
              mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

• I can’t do anything other than praise Figueroa. He clearly has no regard for defense, has poor accuracy, and does not appear as he uses sound boxing fundamentals. He’s just a kid who puts gloves on starts throwing punches. Pretty much like Wilder. But he still won. He beat a guy that was more technically sound than him. He just overwhelmed Nery. Crazy ass stamina, will, determination. This kid is going to get KO’ed soon but it’s impressive how flawed he is and how he beat a pretty damn good fighter in Nery.

Figueroa trained for a long distance marathon. Nery was loading up on all of his punches and appeared to have trained for an early KO with the way he was throwing. Amazing fight all around, just because of the little skills Figueroa showed and won like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

hahaa makes sense, dont think ive seen him fight before
                  He took the belts from Danny Roman, and just defended them against former champ Ryosuke Iwasa a month ago. Guy has such an assortment of punches

https://youtu.be/gF2biX9jzF0

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I've been hearing a few suggesting this.

Should be a good fight regardless of who wins. If anyone is thinking about not catching the undercard of this event this fight should change your mind to tune in early.
                    You was spot on Bro! Helluva card! As I keep saying, never seen a Figueroa Brother in a boring fight! Can't wait for September 11th!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Maybe I'm blind, but I saw Figueroa doing rock em sock em robots just like his brother does. Good that he got the belt, but now what? I mean... correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he need some actual boxing skills now that he's in this league? How long can he keep fighting like this and not get stopped?
                      I think Cool Boy Steph wins, but I don;t know if he can get the KO? Unlike Omar, Brandon is in the right weight class! Omar should've never went past 140!

Comment

Working...
                      X