Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa Knocks Luis Nery Out in Seventh, Captures WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats to Figueroa the new champion

No size advantage no mexican beefs, Luis Nery looks vulnerable haha

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

You didn't seem this offended for the 2 plus years people were screaming how Nery was going to KO Inoue in 2 rounds or less though. Or how every Canelo win in the last 6 years somehow gets added to Mayweathers resume...
      Mayweather actually fought Canelo.

Inoue never fought Nery (or Choco, or Gallo, or SSR, or Cuadras...)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

It's a win only in your mind, unfortunately.

Inoue never fought him. Just like he never fought Chocolatito, Estrada, Sor Rungvisai, or Cuadras.

The only thing there is zero doubt about after yesterday is that Figueroa can knock out Nery.

there's no win for inoue in anyone's mind

its just that for a while, A LOT of ppl had nery as the #2 best 118 guy
        but the fact of the matter is nery got tested by a relatively green figueroa,
        who is a tough aggressive fighter, but with avg punching power, no defence, with so-so skills
        and is frankly not rated highly by anyone

what most of us learned is that there's a wide gap in level between inoue and those 2 guys above

inoue has won 15 straight world titles, with a KO/TKO on 13 of them
        i've been following the lowerwgt scene for a long time, and that type of fighter is once in a lifetime

Comment

• Originally posted by JOITATS View Post

there's no win for inoue in anyone's mind

its just that for a while, A LOT of ppl had nery as the #2 best 118 guy
          but the fact of the matter is nery got tested by a relatively green figueroa,
          who is a tough aggressive fighter, but with avg punching power, no defence, with so-so skills
          and is frankly not rated highly by anyone

what most of us learned is that there's a wide gap in level between inoue and those 2 guys above

inoue has won 15 straight world titles, with a KO/TKO on 13 of them
          i've been following the lowerwgt scene for a long time, and that type of fighter is once in a lifetime
          Just because Figueroa stopped Nery at 122 that doesn't mean Inoue would have beat Nery at 118.

Different weight classes and completely different style matchups.

Comment

• Once Figueroa did not react to Nerf punches as he is used to and kept coming Very folded. Nery was doing well and was winning in my cards but you could see him slowly giving in.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Once Figueroa did not react to Nerf punches as he is used to and kept coming Very folded. Nery was doing well and was winning in my cards but you could see him slowly giving in.
              I feel like Nery's conditioning let him down. I think it was in round 4 Nery started putting his hands down and the commentators were saying that Nery is trying to bait Figueroa in, shut up Figueroa doesn't need any bait to come in and Nery was gassing out and decided to put his hands down to conserve energy. I think Nery is a good fighter but lazy in training camps and it showed up last night. And yeah, once Nery couldn't keep Brandon off him with his power Nery had no plan B (tbh there really wasn't much of a plan A either).

Was it just me or did Nery's gloves look like pillows?
              Last edited by anonymous2.0; 05-16-2021, 02:55 PM.
              Ray* likes this.

Comment

• September showdown

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I hope they put Roman on the show again. He impressed big time last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

I feel like Nery's conditioning let him down. I think it was in round 4 Nery started putting his hands down and the commentators were saying that Nery is trying to bait Figueroa in, shut up Figueroa doesn't need any bait to come in and Nery was gassing out and decided to put his hands down to conserve energy. I think Nery is a good fighter but lazy in training camps and it showed up last night. And yeah, once Nery couldn't keep Brandon off him with his power Nery had no plan B (tbh there really wasn't much of a plan A either).

Was it just me or did Nery's gloves look like pillows?
                  I thought he was landing solid in the beginning of the fight. Brandon gets hit a lot and was getting hit with everything including those body shots. Brandon at one point went to his corner with his face all marked up and I was thinking that he can't continue taking those punches. Turns out that Figueroa has a good chin and stamina, once he didn't cave in Nery caved in. Nery can box but Figueroa was so easy to hit that more than likely thought that he was going to fall. He looked gassed out at the end of the fight and that body shot finished the fight. Nery is still a good fighter and he gets a lot of flack for his failed drug test.

Comment

• Where’s that pantera guy with Luis Nery’s pic on his profile? He needs to own up to his words and give Brandon Figueroa props. Also, I noticed Robert Garcia was in attendance and was thinking to myself either he’s interested in adding Nery to his stable or there just to get some relax time. As an afterthought, PBC Showtime should consider replacing Abner Mares with Shawn Porter. Sure he’s on Fox PBC from time to time and Ring City but Porter is just better at commentating. If not him, then Mikey Garcia.
                    Last edited by indelible; 05-16-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Nothing wrong with Japanese fighters getting some shine.

But let's not award them victories that they didn't earn. This was Figueroa's KO win, not Inoue's.
                      The other guy was the one who disparaged Inoue due to his own insecurities.

Comment

Working...
                      X