Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders Wanted To Come Out For Ninth Round, Says Ben Davison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Nah ... that was what Canelo said when the WBC told him he had to defend their 160lb title against a prime Golovkin.
    When was GGG in his prime? His career blew up at 30 years old.

GGG was 35 when Canelo won the WBC title from Cotto.

Canelo’s first fight at the 160 limit was GGG.

So what was this timeframe where Canelo missed a prime GGG?

Comment

His corner is trying to defend him. Nothing wrong with that.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        Courtesy of 1hourRun

Notice he is doing the aged old trying to shut his eye to get the dr to stop it even though his eye wasn't shut. BJS quit,& I hear he faked his surgery & just had a bruise. lmpzYqz.gif
        The problem isn’t the injury. The problem was the way BJS flamed on Dubois. How can you not see BJS’ cheek bone cave in after that uppercut? Or are you being sarcastic? Seconds before BJS ducked that cheek bone was fine, and seconds afterwards it was all red with a huge shadow meaning that area was indented.

Ingle Gym has done heavy steroids. Calcium deficiencies
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I'd like to see an eye scan x-ray. It's all good Eddie requesting eye scans from other fighters then why doesn't he show the eye scan for BJS. I know he's not shy of cameras.
          kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

When was GGG in his prime? His career blew up at 30 years old.

GGG was 35 when Canelo won the WBC title from Cotto.

Canelo’s first fight at the 160 limit was GGG.

So what was this timeframe where Canelo missed a prime GGG?
            GGG was 33 when Canelo won the WBC title from Cotto, not 35.

Canelo signed an agreement with the WBC that he would fight GGG next if he beat Cotto. That was a condition of GGG stepping aside to allow Canelo/Cotto to take place. After he won the 160lb title Canelo requested a voluntary defence before fighting Golovkin, which GGG agreed to. After he beat Khan, Canelo reneged on his promise to fight GGG next and relinquished the WBC title. He didn't fight Golvkin until 2 years after he beat Cotto. GGG was 35 years old by then.

PanchoGomez Rayzah likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by !-1 View Post
              I'd like to see an eye scan x-ray. It's all good Eddie requesting eye scans from other fighters then why doesn't he show the eye scan for BJS. I know he's not shy of cameras.
              What fighters did Eddie request eye scans from?
              Boxing Goat Boxing Goat likes this.

Comment

BS. Doesn't he know there was a corner cam?
                kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

Irrelevant to have to defend it whether it is the truth or not. BJS shouldn't have and didn't continue to fight with a broken fkn skull and neither should anyone. Is looking macho worth losing sight in the eye, dying or being paralyzed forever? Nope. The end

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

The problem isn’t the injury. The problem was the way BJS flamed on Dubois.

Ingle Gym has done heavy steroids. Calcium deficiencies
                    Correct on both those points!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

There are 2 people a fighter should never lie to during a fight - his trainer and the doctor.

There's no proof Davison is lying, and what he said makes sense to me. It's common for a fighter to say he doesn't want to be pulled out of a fight, even when he knows, deep down, that it's game over for him. BJS must have been in a lot of pain in the corner, with Tibbs applying pressure to his broken cheek bone with the end swell iron. That must have hurt like hell. I'm surprised he took it without flinching or pushing the iron away.
                      Of course Saunders did not want to be pulled. He also did not want to get the right side of his face caved in by Canelo's punch. Billy Joe knew his trainer was going to pull him out rather than see him sustain life threatening damage in the next round. It was the smart and humane thing to do. Even Canelo understood that Saunders was in no condition to continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X