Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Stoppage of Saunders Reignites Boxing Debate About Quitting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Joe Saunders will be remembered for quitting in the biggest fight of his career. And the kind of guy that he is, that is the legacy he deserves imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
      It's not the intrinsic act of withdrawing from the fight following an orbital fracture that's the main reason he's getting flak, at least not by most reasonable people. These types of injuries can threaten your whole career or even your eyesight, so it's not cowardly to pull out if you suffer that kind of injury, it's just sensible. However, in this case it's the hypocrisy of him making macho-man comments about how real men never quit following the Dubois fight only for him to do a total 180 on it when it was his turn that's making him a lightning rod for scorn and mockery. In fact, it's even more hypocritical because Dubois fought 8 rounds with his fracture before finally pulling out of the fight, whereas Saunders bowed out almost immediately. Of course, we already know that Saunders is a hypocrite when he made comments about Canelo being a cheater who should be hung drawn and quartered when that positive test came back only for his own piss to come back radioactive not that long after.

I agree with the sentiment of the article that there are too many knucklehead keyboard warriors who've never been between the ropes for even one minute calling honest fighters cowards for not risking going blind in one eye just for the sake of the crowd's amusement, but I'm not going to go out of my way to argue the point for Saunders' sake. This entire fight has been a long-overdue karmic readjustment for one of boxing's most wretched personalities.
      You said everything I could hope to. I will nominate you for the non-existing "Golden Poster" award at the end of the year.

Legitimate injury happening at a perfectly ironic moment: To a hypocrite in the largest fight in his life. I am glad he stopped fighting. It was legit. Now, type out that apology letter to DuBois as you recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
        Billy Joe Saunders will be remembered for quitting in the biggest fight of his career. And the kind of guy that he is, that is the legacy he deserves imo.
        I couldn't have said it better myself...no wait...

"Ye shuddah gone out on ye shield bruddah" ~via that man himself Billy "one hit quitter" Joe "me daddeh plugs me sis" Saunders
        Amber_TKO Amber_TKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Every time someone quits, the legend of the 'Bronze-Bomber' Deontay Wilder grows.

How many times has Eddie Hearn made excuses for these Matchroom weenies? Their top stars have quit on PPV : Anthony Joshua, Kell Brook, Billy-Hoe Saunders, have devalued the PPV market by their cowardly surrender. The whole card was ruined : Nagy Aguilera quit or took dive vs. Frank Sanchez on the undercard ; Katsunari Takayama flew across the world for a premature stoppage vs. Elwin Soto.

But yeah, Deontay Wilder is a real G.
          Turth, Wilder didn't quit, didn't appreciate being pulled either, took exception. Bonafide.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Turth, Wilder didn't quit, didn't appreciate being pulled either, took exception. Bonafide.

I'ma pull up to your block and get to tweakin' (get to tweakin')
            I'ma pull up with the Glock and get to squeezin' (get to squeezin')
            I'ma pull up with the mop and get to sweepin' (brrr, get to sweepin')
            I'ma pull up with the chop' and get to eatin' (get to eatin')
            I'ma pull up on a opp and get to reapin' (get to reapin')

WE WANT ALL THA SMOKE!

Comment

"He should fight till he's blind, that's what real men do!" - I say as I carefully place a potato chip in my mouth, while sitting on my sofa.

Comment

Simple.... if you boxed like me, and fought through what would lead to permanent brain damage and didn’t quit like me....then I think u have the right to criticize...if I can fight 3x in a weekend when I knew I was concussed in the AMATEURS for free, surely billy joe Saunders for millions COULD stick it out.,.
                Arthur Abraham went the distance with a broken jaw against a vicious puncher in Edison Miranda.

Comment

Whether it would have landed ringside or in the cheap seats, the last thing BJS (or boxing) needed was to have Canelo launch Saunders' eye from its socket.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
                    Yea yea....another Brit just doing what they do best....QUIT......LOL nothing to see here folks.
                    What does being British have to do with it? You sound like an ignorant ass.
                    Repens Repens likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                      Simple.... if you boxed like me, and fought through what would lead to permanent brain damage and didn’t quit like me....then I think u have the right to criticize...if I can fight 3x in a weekend when I knew I was concussed in the AMATEURS for free, surely billy joe Saunders for millions COULD stick it out.,.
                      Arthur Abraham went the distance with a broken jaw against a vicious puncher in Edison Miranda.
                      Apples and oranges. You’re using circular logic to support a conclusion that is completely non comparative.

Comment

Working...
                      X