Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Fury, Wilder Get Too Much Credit For Their Padded, Cherry-Picked Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Who throws combinations like A.J with power in explosive spurts with maintaining balance and is able to slip punches doing it ? Who do you think is preferable to watch other then that guy who holds 22 knockout wins in 25 fights ?

Yea who wants to see that guy ?
    Wilder has an even wider margin of wins and even more impressive knockouts, by your metric I should laud that too. Lol you're such a clown. There are plenty of bum boxers with padded records.

And Lol at power in "explosive spurts", even you can't deny Joshua's obvious stamina issues. I'll give you solid combination punching, but again, is Joshua a standout combination puncher? Not really. His shot selection is good and his balance is okay but these are things we can see in any solid prospect or even amateur with good pedigree. What is it about Joshua himself which delivers inspiring performances? At least with someone like Fury, his movement and footwork are genuinely kinda incredible for someone of his size. He's about the only big heavyweight who actually uses his head.

The "22 knockout wins over 25 fights" is EXACTLY my point. Thats not a reason to watch. You people don't legit know why you're fans. You're just on the bandwagon. If he falls off tomorrow, you guys will be gone like the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Wilder has an even wider margin of wins and even more impressive knockouts, by your metric I should laud that too. Lol you're such a clown. There are plenty of bum boxers with padded records.

And Lol at power in "explosive spurts", even you can't deny Joshua's obvious stamina issues. I'll give you solid combination punching, but again, is Joshua a standout combination puncher? Not really. His shot selection is good and his balance is okay but these are things we can see in any solid prospect or even amateur with good pedigree. What is it about Joshua himself which delivers inspiring performances? At least with someone like Fury, his movement and footwork are genuinely kinda incredible for someone of his size. He's about the only big heavyweight who actually uses his head.

The "22 knockout wins over 25 fights" is EXACTLY my point. Thats not a reason to watch. You people don't legit know why you're fans. You're just on the bandwagon. If he falls off tomorrow, you guys will be gone like the wind.
      So you want to talk about skills concerning A.J then bring up Wilder ? Ha

Wilder has not left as many men on the floor then A.J has ,many Wilder fights are stopped on the feet . Sure you can more impressive knock wins before he was a champion but look who he was fighting .

You still didn’t answer who would you rather watch then A.J ? If it’s Fury then it’s a guy who clowns around in the ring and point fights in comparison ,and no people watch heavyweight boxing for knockouts ,you get skill and that with A.J .
      Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-12-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Not fussed. As I keep saying, I legit do think Joshua and Matchroom very much cater to the kind of loser sentiment of English football fans. I don't think either of them represent boxing greatness. Other than drawing power, we can hardly convince ourselves that someone like Joshua has anything on the likes of Canelo when it comes to sheer competitive grit.

If I legit asked you what about their boxing ability makes either Whyte or Joshua watchable, neither of you could answer the question. Joshua is just the latest British boxer that much of the public gets behind but isn't exactly sure why. Same with Whyte.
        Nationalism and marketability play a big part in AJs appeal but still, you're setting the bar unfairly high if hes got to be comparable to Canelo to be worth watching. Hes obviously not an ATG skill wise, but hes a very solid HW with a good combination of size, power and skill, and he has consistently walked the walk against top 10 level opposition with relatively little padding involved. Its not like theres much better than him at HW in this era either.

As for Whyte, he can be mildly entertaining to watch simply because hes so vulnerable and sloppy and doesnt mind having a scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Whyte is dead right.

Now that doesn't mean Whyte is better than either of them, but he's 100% right about their records.

A lot to be proven.
          I see no reason to repost something of my own when you said exactly what I think. Whyte has a better record than Fury or Wilder. I think it is only when Fury's name gets brought up people lose all level headness (not sure if "headness" is even a word... but I like it).

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

He was always a hype job, from his pro debut. I'm suspecting you actually are Audley Harrison.
            You can’t be a hype job if there is no hype about you whatsoever, can you?

There was no hype for Audley Harrison in 2013. So did Wilder beat a hype job?... no

Having once been something doesn’t necessarily mean you are still that thing... by your logic Audley Harrison isn’t just a hype job he’s a foetus.
            Last edited by Redgloveman; 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM.
            TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Fury ''beating'' Wlad is on par with Leon beating Ali.

And it's nice to know you NOW feel Wilder was a legit HW champ.

Most Fury fans have since changed their opinion of DW lately
              Fury fans gotta be some of the worst fans in boxing in a minute. I always thought DW was a tomato can crusher, and Fury beating him doesn't make me think much highly of him.

Comment

Not fussed. As I keep saying.
                You said all of these to say nothing. Not going to read your post as you are a moron. Who gets triggered about post horse****.

Comment

Take Wilder and Klitschko off his resume and what do you have left? Add 0 title defenses and a steroid conviction and we shouldn't be talking about him as the best. We should be condemning him for conning the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post

You can’t be a hype job if there is no hype about you whatsoever, can you?

There was no hype for Audley Harrison in 2013. So did Wilder beat a hype job?... no

Having once been something doesn’t necessarily mean you are still that thing... by your logic Audley Harrison isn’t just a hype job he’s a foetus.
                    Anyone with a pair of boxing gloves is hyped to death in the UK, David price and Dave Allen are ppv stars. Dubois and Joyce are the next Mohammed Ali over there.

A 1 win, winning streak means you deserve a title shot and up there with Tyson and AJ

Comment

And now a list of fighters who Dillian Whyte doesn't talk **** about:

1. Dillian Whyte
                      Here ends the list

Comment

Working...
                      X