Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Beterbiev Looked Dull & Flat, Bivol is Toughest Challenge at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

Possibly one of the most delusional fighters alive--He didn't even look that good against 50 year old Arthur Abraham and had a 12 inch reach and height advantage.

All the top guys KO him, joe smith, bert, bivol ALL of them--
    All those guys are too weak for warriors like Ramirez...throw in Benavidez also. They both wreck that group of Euro/EE bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightprowler View Post
      Ramirez would wreck Art just like Canelo did to Kova
      Zurdo couldn’t even wreck Jesse Hart or the ghost of Arthur ****ing Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        r
        Beterbiev beat Dorticos and Mchunu 15 years ago, fought and dropped Usyk 10 years ago, what kind of ignorant MF are you?

Am I supposed to be impressed he beat two fringe contenders when they were practically children? Neither was an elite amateur or pro for that matter.
        A 22yr old beating an 18yr old kid, like come on now.
        Shawn Porter beat Usyk in the amateurs!

Sure he dropped Usyk sure but he still lost.

You know they're a hypejob when we're talking about amateur fights dating back 15yrs ago against opposition that wasn't even close to elite, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

We have different definitions of “life and death” I suppose. He won every round against Dienes while dropping him twice and stopping him. He got dropped by Johnson, got up and knocked him out in four. (Page stepped on his foot) Koelling ran for twelve rounds, it’s hard to look good in that situation. And I mean he literally ran to the point that when Artur finally dropped him the ref just waived it off in disgust.

No idea who the Canadian gatekeeper is though. Why ignore dominant wins over Hot Rod, Cloud and Gvozdyk (the consensus top guy at 175)

I'm not seeing no foot stomp
          ZZDIPv.gif

Hot Rod is a gatekeeper, Cloud wasn't a good fighter & had lost his last 2 fights in dominant fashion.
          Gvozdyk is a good win, good skills but fragile & I don't think he translated well from the amateurs. Certainly by far Beterbievs best win & imo his only real notable victory.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

I'm not seeing no foot stomp
            ZZDIPv.gif

Hot Rod is a gatekeeper, Cloud wasn't a good fighter & had lost his last 2 fights in dominant fashion.
            Gvozdyk is a good win, good skills but fragile & I don't think he translated well from the amateurs. Certainly by far Beterbievs best win & imo his only real notable victory.
            Shove, not stepped on foot. My apologies. Forearm with the left, then punch to the chest with the right. Regardless he bounced back up and KO’d him (in two rounds) Not life and death.

How is hot Rod a gate keeper? His only loss was a robbery against Marcus Browne.

Cloud wasn’t a good fighter, but his only losses were a close fight against BHop and getting stopped in 7 by Adonis Stevenson. And now Gvodyk is a fragile amateur boxer lol. Jesus.

so by this logic Canelo really went life and death with Danny Jacobs then. Plus he couldn’t stop Chavez Jr so clearly he’s awful. Am I doing it right?

Comment

Shove, not stepped on foot. My apologies. Forearm with the left, then punch to the chest with the right. Regardless he bounced back up and KO’d him (in two rounds) Not life and death.

How is hot Rod a gate keeper? His only loss was a robbery against Marcus Browne.

Cloud wasn’t a good fighter, but his only losses were a close fight against BHop and getting stopped in 7 by Adonis Stevenson. And now Gvodyk is a fragile amateur boxer lol. Jesus.

so by this logic Canelo really went life and death with Danny Jacobs then. Plus he couldn’t stop Chavez Jr so clearly he’s awful. Am I doing it right?
              Boxing fans are strange, ain't they Rex? No one is allowed a flash knockdown, a bad night, or a bad style match up. Beterbiev has shown he is elite, and has KO'd everyone, and is a come forward exciting fighter. But he has not KO'd everyone WELL enough, so he is a fraud or obviously overrated. Is there a school for this much negativity, or do boxing fans really come by this naturally, you think?
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Boxing fans are strange, ain't they Rex? No one is allowed a flash knockdown, a bad night, or a bad style match up. Beterbiev has shown he is elite, and has KO'd everyone, and is a come forward exciting fighter. But he has not KO'd everyone WELL enough, so he is a fraud or obviously overrated. Is there a school for this much negativity, or do boxing fans really come by this naturally, you think?
                The ironic thing is you can do this with any fighter. And it’s usually done on here when someone is getting more attention than a favorite. Happened when Inoue won the WBSS too, he suddenly became an overrated bum beater overnight.

Comment

I don't get the comparison here Jacobs is fifty times the fighter those are and he won every second of the fight vs Chavez who is more accomplished than the lot as much stick as he gets. Nobody really mentions those among Canelo's best wins especially the latter.
                  Do you not see the difference? Like he just fought Smith, he's now fighting BJS. Beterbiev is fighting once a blue moon vs Deines.

You can pick resumes apart, I get the point but don't think the example is best; But as much as you can pick resumes apart the fact remains that Beterbievs resume is actually poor. Its quite possibly the weakest division or certainly one of in boxing imho. He's been a pro for over 8yrs and could have fought Stevenson, Kovalev etc
                  Instead he is one of the most inactive world champions in the sport and when he does fight he is fighting guys like Deines. I've literally never even heard of the guys he is fighting half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Oh they are but this supposed elite fighter is suffering flash knockdowns and getting dropped hard and looking awful vs British level opposition at best whose record doesn't really suggest they're great punchers. Then he is getting tagged in almost every fight and looking very flat vs journeymen. How many off nights is he allowed before people just accept they have quite possibly overrated him?

How has he shown he is elite? What elite fighters has he been in with and beaten to indicate this? To me elite means the best of the best. He has one decent win but even that is vs a guy who only had one notable win himself and that was over a 41yr old. And the guy he beats retires after that tells me he likely accomplished all he wanted to so had one foot out the door. Losses his belt and got out of there at a young age. Easier to win a belt than it is to defend it.

100% K.O ratios mean nothing, we're seeing it happen more and more in this bizarre era of divas. That will soon change when he stops fighting such awful competition.

Comment

Beterbiev would have no troubles stopping Zurdo imo

Comment

Working...
                      X