Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorer talking absolute nonsense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more point on holmes era.there were guys with 10 losses who could still be a threat to beat any contender any given day.guys back then fought more often & going 15 rounds is way different than 10 or 12.back then when boxers started their careers they didn't face tomato cans they were thrown to the wolves early & often.amateurs wore no head gear & the fights were like pro fights.todays amateurs fights are based on boxing & how good a judges video game skills are.push the button & when the computer is tallying the score it misses the 2 punch combination the other guy gets.it's a joke! A gold medal today means nothing compared to the 60's & 70's & early 80's.it's got to change.tyson,Holyfield,Byrd would have done well back then.especially Byrd & Holyfield.smaller guys with great stamina.

Comment

• holmes was quicker, better and WAY WAY tougher than wlad and had WAY more championship heart and a better chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        And that, my friend, is the whole story in a nutshell.

Poet
        well put & I agree....although I never sparred like you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by X89 View Post
          holmes was quicker, better and WAY WAY tougher than wlad and had WAY more championship heart and a better chin.
          Holmes was better than Wlad, no kidding. But knocking him out in 3, when it took 13 to stop the vastly inferior to Wlad in every way (even chin) Gerry Cooney (okay, maybe left hook,) just isn't happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            well put & I agree....although I never sparred like you did.
            I didn't spar that much.....enough to know the fundementals but not much else. It's a bit hard to spar half-blind

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
              I wouldn't say Holmes ducked them, and the fight with Coetzee didn't happen because of Coetzee opposing to Apartheid. This was a fight that was in the process of being made, but several factors stopped it from happening.

Holmes has beaten plenty top fighters, and the different in resume between his and Wlad's couldn't be more different.
              Now that is a reasonable response. The apartheid factor is true, as is Don King being to blame for a lot of this. It's just that I get tired of reading how great a champion Holmes was when he has some very notable names missing from his resume. Just like hearing how boring Wladimir's fights supposedly are when I can name some Ali fights that are almost unwatchable.

Comment

• lennox lewis when faced with a younger talented guy he destroyed them in a round or two.grant & golota are examples.he also destroyed ruddock in 2.lewis could turn it up but wlad doesn't take chances because he's scared to get hit.he should have destroyed guys like Brock,chagaev,ibragimov in 1 or 2 rounds.Austin doesn't count because he's a decent fighter not a ligit contender.his win over Byrd & mccline were his best wins.Rahman was good but was there only for a fat paycheck.he wasn't ready to fight him in a 12 round fight.wlad has underachieved in my eyes.he never avenged the purrity & sanders losses.I think he lost to williamson & should have rematches him too.the bottom line is with his pedigree as an amateur there is no way any of these guys should beat him.they shouldn't have lasted 3 rounds let alone beat him.holmes is way better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Now that is a reasonable response. The apartheid factor is true, as is Don King being to blame for a lot of this. It's just that I get tired of reading how great a champion Holmes was when he has some very notable names missing from his resume. Just like hearing how boring Wladimir's fights supposedly are when I can name some Ali fights that are almost unwatchable.
                  A prime Ali NEVER had a punch output as measly as what Wlad produces ROUTINELY.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    lennox lewis when faced with a younger talented guy he destroyed them in a round or two.grant & golota are examples.he also destroyed ruddock in 2.lewis could turn it up but wlad doesn't take chances because he's scared to get hit.he should have destroyed guys like Brock,chagaev,ibragimov in 1 or 2 rounds.Austin doesn't count because he's a decent fighter not a ligit contender.his win over Byrd & mccline were his best wins.Rahman was good but was there only for a fat paycheck.he wasn't ready to fight him in a 12 round fight.wlad has underachieved in my eyes.he never avenged the purrity & sanders losses.I think he lost to williamson & should have rematches him too.the bottom line is with his pedigree as an amateur there is no way any of these guys should beat him.they shouldn't have lasted 3 rounds let alone beat him.holmes is way better.
                    Excellent points.....And to think when you first started posting I thought you were a Klitschko nuthugger. Green K coming as soon as I'm allowed.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I know what you mean and there were names he still he COULD have fought, i just feel that Holmes has never clearly avoided any opposition because hes fought and beaten most of the top names of his era and IMO, an era that's far superior to this current heavyweight division. Holmes is a man who in his comeback, fought an unbeaten prime Tyson and was the first to beat a young Ray Mercer.

Comment

Working...
                      X