No announcement yet.

Hatton on Mayweather AGAIN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cletus Funk View Post
    You need superstars to justify someone's skills? There really aren't any apart from a couple of washed up legends. He fought every challenger in his division and destroyed them all, Phillips aside,.........
    It doesnt matter how many you have destroyed, its who you have destoyed, other wise Calzaghe would be p4p number one by now

No you dont always need superstar to justify someone's skills, sorry what has this got to do with you saying tzsyu is 'way more skilled than judah'?

Originally posted by Cletus Funk View Post
    Yes, I think that Tszyu is superior to Judah in every conceivable way, speed and footwork aside.
    lol, im sorry i cant say anymore than what i have said, i disagree, judah is more varied in his punches because he doesnt rely on that lead, better footwork by far, therefore you cant say Tzysu is 'way more skilled' than judah, can you. think about it.

If Tzysu is 'way more skilled than judah' how come tzysu got outboxed by ricky hatton, who you say yourself, is not very skilled,

and Judah outboxed what many people agree is the best fighter skill-wise for the last 10 years at least (other than James Toney) for 4/5 rounds?

What you are saying doesnt make sense.

Thats what i meant about you being on life support, the air will get to your brain quicker when you learn how to breathe without a machine, leme know when that happens and i'll tell the doctor to tick the box on your progress chart. lol.
    Last edited by Technical_Skill; 06-06-2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by me2007 View Post
      There is some hypocracy in your posts. On one hand you accuse Pacman of 'not really' being skilled. Yet on the other hand you point out using footwork and moving in and out of range, firing shots, (in my words) is a skill in itself.
      Yeah, you saying Pacman has great footwork? im not.

He is Quick, there is a difference.

Comment

• give me a technical explanation of why Pacman doesn't have great footwork. He moves in and out of range pefectly...look at his fight against Barrera..that was a materclass in footwork and and picking punches.

Comment

give me a technical explanation of why Pacman doesn't have great footwork. He moves in and out of range pefectly...look at his fight against Barrera..that was a materclass in footwork and and picking punches.
          Very simple, pac comes in unbalanced, but he is so quick he gets away with it, its relflexes, not saying he doesnt have any footwork, not saying he doesnt have any skills,

just saying his footwoork isnt great and he isnt really skilled, yet he is one of the best fighters in the world.

To Sumarise, pac is more reflex based, leaves himself unbalanced with leads, sometimes throws too many shots coming forward rather than being a little more methodical, picking one or two, than backing off a little,

If he fights marquez again he will come up against the better boxer, but i expect him to win because manny is abnormally quick and powerful and i dont think marquez can stand up to pac's left hand lead.
          Last edited by Technical_Skill; 06-06-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

give me a technical explanation of why Pacman doesn't have great footwork. He moves in and out of range pefectly...look at his fight against Barrera..that was a materclass in footwork and and picking punches.
            See, you're confusing athleticism with actual skill. The stuff Pac does is based on reflexes and quickness. There are a lot of times where his feet are not set to punch with full force, which has everything to do with footwork. But Pac is so athletic, he can get away with these things.

As far as Judah and Tsyzu go, Judah is more athletic but I think Tsyzu is the more skilled fighter. His footwork isn't the greatest, but he has a great sense of distance, timing, and his punch accuracy is as good or close to Mayweather's...

Comment

• Originally posted by $iN View Post
              As far as Judah and Tsyzu go, Judah is more athletic but I think Tsyzu is the more skilled fighter. His footwork isn't the greatest, but he has a great sense of distance, timing, and his punch accuracy is as good or close to Mayweather's...
              Hmm, i dont buy that, reason being Judah outboxed mayweather for four rounds of the fight with a good jab and lead and some great footwork,

Yet Tzsyu got outboxed by hatton for periods of their fight, and hatton known for not being superbly skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
                Hmm, i dont buy that, reason being Judah outboxed mayweather for four rounds of the fight with a good jab and lead and some great footwork,

Yet Tzsyu got outboxed by hatton for periods of their fight, and hatton known for not being superbly skilled.
                If Judah had Tsyzu's athleticism, would he still be a good fighter? If Tsyzu had Zab's athleticism, he'd be a ****ing monster. I think Tsyzu is more skilled, but in different things. Judah has the better footwork and defense. I think Tsyzu has better balance, timing, and a great sense of distance. He was always in the right position to land the big right hand and he was deadly accurate with it...

Comment

• You seem to be confusing yourself and I won't waste time with you if you're only going to selectively reply to my posts.

Just answer me this - do you really think that Judah is light years ahead of anyone that Hatton's faced in terms of skill?

BTW, I'm still waiting for someone who knows boxing to back you up.

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
                  It doesnt matter how many you have destroyed, its who you have destoyed, other wise Calzaghe would be p4p number one by now

No you dont always need superstar to justify someone's skills, sorry what has this got to do with you saying tzsyu is 'way more skilled than judah'?

lol, im sorry i cant say anymore than what i have said, i disagree, judah is more varied in his punches because he doesnt rely on that lead, better footwork by far, therefore you cant say Tzysu is 'way more skilled' than judah, can you. think about it.

If Tzysu is 'way more skilled than judah' how come tzysu got outboxed by ricky hatton, who you say yourself, is not very skilled,

and Judah outboxed what many people agree is the best fighter skill-wise for the last 10 years at least (other than James Toney) for 4/5 rounds?

What you are saying doesnt make sense.

Thats what i meant about you being on life support, the air will get to your brain quicker when you learn how to breathe without a machine, leme know when that happens and i'll tell the doctor to tick the box on your progress chart. lol.
                  Last edited by Cletus Funk; 06-06-2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by $iN View Post
                    See, you're confusing athleticism with actual skill. The stuff Pac does is based on reflexes and quickness. There are a lot of times where his feet are not set to punch with full force, which has everything to do with footwork. But Pac is so athletic, he can get away with these things.
                    If you box in reality, and have your feet correctly set to deliver maximum force at all times, you would get knocked out in 1 round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cletus Funk View Post
                      You seem to be confusing yourself and I won't waste time with you if you're only going to selectively reply to my posts.

Just answer me this - do you really think that Judah is light years ahead of anyone that Hatton's faced in terms of skill?

BTW, I'm still waiting for someone who knows boxing to back you up.
                      What is it with back up? you have already agreed with me on one of my statements anyways, you dont have to be skilled to win titles in boxing. lol.

if you really wanna know, make a poll, call it this,

"Is Kostya Tzysu way more skilled than Zab Judah"?

Bet ya 100% of all the votes dont side with you.

My postion is the same, Judah is more skilled than Tzysu and was light years more skilled than the Kostya Tzysu that ricky hatton fought.

Which is why he was outboxed and quit against a guy you have already admitted is not that skilled.

Very simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X