Mike Weaver vs Cleveland Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Coetze was a journeyman you idiot! lol.
    Call him whatever you will. Don't make a difference. He was a Pro fighter who could fill stadiums of fans and great opponents with fear. You participate in pajama praties.

Why did you take up karate anyway? The Boy Scouts were too uncouth and thuggish for you? They're a wild bunch I hear - doing audacious things like going outdoors, leaving their mothers for a whole weekend, and legally shooting registered guns (I know that's unheard of in NYC, but in the rest of the country normal citizens are allowed to own and shoot firearms; criminals are NOT. I hope you were sitting down for that revelation. )

Forget being a Journeyman, Liston wouldn't have even made it to the Pro ranks in the 80s. Too much of a soft touch. Too predictable. No longer able to pick on dudes half his size.

I'm not trying to make Coetzee into a great fighter. But he was too much for Leotis Martin's *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Another supper of gefilte fish got you sour, I see.

It's a damn shame Dundee died before meeting you. That poor dope went to his grave thinking he knew something about Boxing.
      heres the thing: If I took issue with Dundee on a point I would not assume I was right, I would ask... I would be interested to see what others thought. I would not call everyone blind cause they did not agree with me. My dad loved Gefilte fish... ***ish Tuna.

Comment

heres the thing: If I took issue with Dundee on a point I would not assume I was right, I would ask... I would be interested to see what others thought. I would not call everyone blind cause they did not agree with me. My dad loved Gefilte fish... ***ish Tuna.
        Yeah it's not bad. And it's fun to say.

Comment

Call him whatever you will. Don't make a difference. He was a Pro fighter who could fill stadiums of fans and great opponents with fear. You participate in pajama praties.

Why did you take up karate anyway? The Boy Scouts were too uncouth and thuggish for you? They're a wild bunch I hear - doing audacious things like going outdoors, leaving their mothers for a whole weekend, and legally shooting registered guns (I know that's unheard of in NYC, but in the rest of the country normal citizens are allowed to own and shoot firearms; criminals are NOT. I hope you were sitting down for that revelation. )

Forget being a Journeyman, Liston wouldn't have even made it to the Pro ranks in the 80s. Too much of a soft touch. Too predictable. No longer able to pick on dudes half his size.

I'm not trying to make Coetzee into a great fighter. But he was too much for Leotis Martin's *****.
          No more pajama parties... after 15 years and a real 2nd degree Black Belt, I started various Ju Jutsu, My first teacher was Ronald Duncan's student... and things changed very little... you fought and if you were going to screw a technique up you got dropped in class where someone would pick you up... but you got dropped.

I took up karate at 14 or so... I had just moved from NYC and was a street wise kid who didn't have exceptional bravado and I wanted to test myself. I got my butt kicked daily, but after every such kicking my sensei would be the most encouraging, nice guy and I could not figure out why... So I went back determined to figure out what his game was...did he get off on beating up white boys? I will never forget the day after many beatings he pulled me aside and showed me my first technique... a front kick.

Well... when I fought again i had a little something to defend myself with! I got great with that kick Rusty. So he showed me the reverse punch... I still was catching it but I could fight back. The method to Sensei's madness... He wanted me not to shirk conflict. So he didn't show me any distance work, any distance technique yet. Im not exxagerating when I say when he taught me a backfist (we used it like a jab) I became lethal. Nobody could touch me! if you dropped a shoulder? if I saw you move to hit? I would hit you with my iron ball on a string (backfist).

Karate was my first and it taught me how to not avoid conflict. In those days the actual class (sensei was there everyday so I got my whippings on the side) was such that anything taught had to be useful... Bad area of Baltimore and you were going to get challenged. One of my seimpe (older brothers) "squeeky' was all of 5 foot 7 and fought off a truckload of rednecks, dropping a few of them to boot....

I tried the cub scouts in New York and my troop was disbanded under allegations of abuse. Another story for another time, if you have an interest.

Sensei Wigginton was not big at all. When he fought he was a legend in Philly. many of the boxers knew him. He was so fast that it seldom became an issue of struggle. He could make you bleed in 5 places in a second...with a rubber knife.

lol, getting all second ********* on me huh? I believe in fire arms. I just consider them a weapon and not even the best weapon for many situations. I could teach you how to use a knife so that the distance where a pistol is accurate you would have the advntage... look up the 15 foot rule. Ever have to fight more than a few guys at once? not a good situation! put a knife in my hand and my only concern is the law because they will not be a threat when I am done...

Liston was a big heavyweight... he would have excelled in any era... don't be a dunce.

Any other questions?

Comment

Yeah it's not bad. And it's fun to say.
            You can buy it fresh frozen, not in the jar. Its quite good. But the jar stuff has its own appeal.

Comment

No more pajama parties... after 15 years and a real 2nd degree Black Belt, I started various Ju Jutsu, My first teacher was Ronald Duncan's student... and things changed very little... you fought and if you were going to screw a technique up you got dropped in class where someone would pick you up... but you got dropped.

I took up karate at 14 or so... I had just moved from NYC and was a street wise kid who didn't have exceptional bravado and I wanted to test myself. I got my butt kicked daily, but after every such kicking my sensei would be the most encouraging, nice guy and I could not figure out why... So I went back determined to figure out what his game was...did he get off on beating up white boys? I will never forget the day after many beatings he pulled me aside and showed me my first technique... a front kick.

Well... when I fought again i had a little something to defend myself with! I got great with that kick Rusty. So he showed me the reverse punch... I still was catching it but I could fight back. The method to Sensei's madness... He wanted me not to shirk conflict. So he didn't show me any distance work, any distance technique yet. Im not exxagerating when I say when he taught me a backfist (we used it like a jab) I became lethal. Nobody could touch me! if you dropped a shoulder? if I saw you move to hit? I would hit you with my iron ball on a string (backfist).

Karate was my first and it taught me how to not avoid conflict. In those days the actual class (sensei was there everyday so I got my whippings on the side) was such that anything taught had to be useful... Bad area of Baltimore and you were going to get challenged. One of my seimpe (older brothers) "squeeky' was all of 5 foot 7 and fought off a truckload of rednecks, dropping a few of them to boot....

I tried the cub scouts in New York and my troop was disbanded under allegations of abuse. Another story for another time, if you have an interest.

Sensei Wigginton was not big at all. When he fought he was a legend in Philly. many of the boxers knew him. He was so fast that it seldom became an issue of struggle. He could make you bleed in 5 places in a second...with a rubber knife.

lol, getting all second ********* on me huh? I believe in fire arms. I just consider them a weapon and not even the best weapon for many situations. I could teach you how to use a knife so that the distance where a pistol is accurate you would have the advntage... look up the 15 foot rule. Ever have to fight more than a few guys at once? not a good situation! put a knife in my hand and my only concern is the law because they will not be a threat when I am done...

Liston was a big heavyweight... he would have excelled in any era... don't be a dunce.

Any other questions?
              Dude, you're the best.

I'm just glad it's not because the Boy Scouts determined you weren't hard enough to hustle their product. It's a dangerous game pushin' Samoas, Tagalongs and Thin Mints. You gotta hold down your turf, and not everyone's cut out for that life.

Comment

Dude, you're the best.

I'm just glad it's not because the Boy Scouts determined you weren't hard enough to hustle their product. It's a dangerous game pushin' Samoas, Tagalongs and Thin Mints. You gotta hold down your turf, and not everyone's cut out for that life.
                Thats the girl scouts... jesus man... Insult me properly or do not do it at all...

Comment

Cleveland Steamer takes it.

Comment

Thats the girl scouts... jesus man... Insult me properly or do not do it at all...
                    Oh wow, they were too street for you, too!?

I'm sure the rejection only made you stronger.

Comment

Oh wow, they were too street for you, too!?

I'm sure the rejection only made you stronger.
                      Your talking troops in NYC pal... The land of women that look like fashion models from Europe, and who will tell you: "What da fcks yuur problem? Ill kick your butt!" I would put Brownie troop from the area, against most prevailing Boy Scout troops considering!
                      Last edited by billeau2; 08-22-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X