Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    --- Like I say, Aaron's disfunction with mgrs was well known.

The video says Aaron turning down 400k to Rays 4mil, an insulting 10-90 offer.

My point is clear, Ray had a dinner/presser where he made it clear he was ducking him and Marv.

If he really wanted Aaron, they would negotiate. I don't see that ever happened. Had Aaron been more stable with a better mgr, maybe it would have worked, sorta like if Ray wasn't worried about his eyesight. They played the dice life rolled for them, and oddly bad boy Hearns and Aaron became the good guys and Ray became the greedy panto villain.

Go figure...
    So which is it? You've stated here it was a clear duck, and you've stated you don't see it as an "out and out duck". You seem confused.

Pryor flat out admitted he turned down the offer. Now your opinion (one of them) would hold weight if he had better options to pursue. He didn't, which in turn makes him the guy that ducked and not Leonard. I like both these guys, but let's keep it real here, please.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      So which is it? You've stated here it was a clear duck, and you've stated you don't see it as an "out and out duck". You seem confused.

Pryor flat out admitted he turned down the offer. Now your opinion (one of them) would hold weight if he had better options to pursue. He didn't, which in turn makes him the guy that ducked and not Leonard. I like both these guys, but let's keep it real here, please.
      Some people indulge in fantasies instead of truths for what reason I don't know. He is clearly excusing Aaron for managerial issues while putting the blame on Ray who had a detached retina. It's ludicrous. Then he attacks the split when it would of been a career high payday for Aaron. Aaron turned down Ray anyway. Then Ray came back and stepped up against Hagler! Someone seems biased.

Comment

--- Nah, the public wasn't calling for Aaron, it was he wanting the fight.

Had Ray come with a legit offer at a time when Aaron had a legit mgr, the fight would've been made.

10/90 ain't legit for a first ballot HOFer with a better title and career record than Ray.

When boxing has to rely on the sugarized Cotton Candy of a groomed and protected Ray in his comeback over the traditional gritty circumstances of Aaron, then boxing morphs into the orchestrated TUE 50-0 era confined in MGM Vegas.

*** Tenshin vs TUE New Year's Eve in Tokyo tomorrow, now that's the new ticket!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          --- I'm not in the category of stating Pryor was out and out ducked by Ray, but he and Marv were invited to Rays luxuriant dinner/press conference.

The idea was Ray would announce his fight schedule involving the two. Instead it was his shocking retirement announcement, so at that precise moment, Ray can be seen as ducking his two main rivals as he saw them.

Obviously he became an expert in using retirement as a tool to avoid the best fighters that TUE copied to similar scorn.
          What does TUE stand for? Something having to do with Mayweather?

Comment

--- TUE is boxing shorthand like KO, KD, DQ, ect, standing for the biggest perpetuated fraud in history.

What, you don't follow boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              What does TUE stand for? Something having to do with Mayweather?
              The****utic Use Exemption?

Comment

--- 50-0...

Comment

I watched Duran Hagler live. In fact Duran was training for this fight up in NW NJ at the former Playboy hotel/resort. Back in those days I lived nearby and would stop by at the various clubs and bars as a last stop before heading home. So one Saturday night I stopped in at their club and as typical it was dead but there sipping a drink and with a small entourage. I walked over got his autograph and noticed immediately how stocky Duran was...a mini Hercules. As I shook his hand I told him to “knock out Hagler!” He smiled, laughed and shook his head agreeing with me.

Regarding the bout I was a huge Duran fan and he staged a wonderful mini comeback only to fade late as Hagler surged. I gave it to Marvin by two points.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I thought Hagler won
                    Non **** kisses... Hagler won, but sugar was flashy...

I'm back..

Comment

I'm going to score the fight today and post my card.

Comment

Working...
                      X