No announcement yet.

Wladimir, Vitali Klitschko - Which Brother Ranks Higher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both fighters are highly flawed.

That straight up European style is right out from their amateur ranks.

Wlad went down in sections every time he was hit solidly. When he rose on Queer Street he always appeared to be looking for the exits rather than a way to win.

Vitali, in his prime, gave up the most prized trophy in all of sports sitting on his stool. You can hear him say when asked if he wanted to continue “No, my shoulder hurts too much.

Not good in terms of all time rankings where a decision has to be made whether to rank a fighter along side those who never showed a yellow streak and fought through injury and physical and mental pain to win.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Wlad was the more accomplished, thus ranks higher. But in a head to head fight, I would put my money on Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Wlad was the more accomplished, thus ranks higher. But in a head to head fight, I would put my money on Vitali.
        This

If you rank higher based on accomplishments, Wlad. If you rank higher on who was better at their best, Vitali. Personally, I am a 'who was better at their best' type-so Vitali for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          Both fighters are highly flawed.

That straight up European style is right out from their amateur ranks.

Wlad went down in sections every time he was hit solidly. When he rose on Queer Street he always appeared to be looking for the exits rather than a way to win.

Vitali, in his prime, gave up the most prized trophy in all of sports sitting on his stool. You can hear him say when asked if he wanted to continue “No, my shoulder hurts too much.

Not good in terms of all time rankings where a decision has to be made whether to rank a fighter along side those who never showed a yellow streak and fought through injury and physical and mental pain to win.
          - -Ali screaming to the Heavens, "Cut the gloves off, cut the gloves off." vs Liston 1 and Frazier 3. Thanks for the reminder...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- -Ali screaming to the Heavens, "Cut the gloves off, cut the gloves off." vs Liston 1 and Frazier 3. Thanks for the reminder...
            And yet he still went on. That is called perseverance.
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Wlad rates higher for sure imo, he had the better career by a distance. Vitali was the superior fighter on his day, more fluid and improvisational, more natural, but he lacked consistency and was very prone to injury.
              JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                Wlad rates higher for sure imo, he had the better career by a distance. Vitali was the superior fighter on his day, more fluid and improvisational, more natural, but he lacked consistency and was very prone to injury.
                Great to see Earl in here, dropping some knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

And yet he still went on. That is called perseverance.
                  Wouldn't have gone on with his ama trainer manning his corner, obvious to all but the oblivious. Vitali has 2 losses, and how many Ali? Any Leons?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Wouldn't have gone on with his ama trainer manning his corner, obvious to all but the oblivious. Vitali has 2 losses, and how many Ali? Any Leons?
                    You make no sense at all. You were trying the denigrate Ali and I just pointed out that he didn't quit. He showed the inner fortitude to go on even though he thought he couldn't. Vitaly on the other hand quit against a substitute on two weeks notice with no punching power and never sought a rematch. So if we're comparing Ali and Vits, and who had more guts, who beat the better fighters and so on.....V. Klitschko isn't even in the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You make no sense at all. You were trying the denigrate Ali and I just pointed out that he didn't quit. He showed the inner fortitude to go on even though he thought he couldn't. Vitaly on the other hand quit against a substitute on two weeks notice with no punching power and never sought a rematch. So if we're comparing Ali and Vits, and who had more guts, who beat the better fighters and so on.....V. Klitschko isn't even in the conversation.
                      And keep in mind the politician who landed a few good hooks n Vitali during a senate hearing in Russia... LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X