Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose Ed "Too Tall" Jones could beat Ali by this logic.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I suppose Ed "Too Tall" Jones could beat Ali by this logic.
      Jones wouldn't have the speed or coordination. No one ever actually beat jones in a boxing match he went 6 wins. I guarantee he puts up a better fight than most guys Ali fought that were around 200 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Jones wouldn't have the speed or coordination. No one ever actually beat jones in a boxing match he went 6 wins. I guarantee he puts up a better fight than most guys Ali fought that were around 200 pounds.
        I saw all of Jones' fights on live TV. He wouldn't have given Ali even the slightest problem. He fought only hand picked stiffs. Seth Mitchell was elite compared to Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I saw all of Jones' fights on live TV. He wouldn't have given Ali even the slightest problem. He fought only hand picked stiffs. Seth Mitchell was elite compared to Jones.
          Well im sure Ali wasn't in the waiting for him and his six fight win streak.

Seth Mitchell is a modern boxer who was groomed to fight,its not even on topic with jones since he was really just a bigger Lyle. we are not talking elite,we are talking huge athletic guys like shaq vs Oscar for some dumb reason like its believable that Delahoya wins a REAL match and Folley of the 60's...jones would be fighting in the 70's and that's another ball game.

Anyother persons talking Ali is them.....Im simply stating Wilt would be a top guy in the late 60's.
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-21-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

The video was obviously a complete exhibition. IF Shaq had wanted to turn monster he could have killed DeLaHoya!

The only relevant point this SugarAli clown made was..

"Your using 5'9" DeLaHoya as a proof of a basketball player sized athlete beating HW Ali"..

But this also neglects the fact that Ali himself was skilless compared to DeLa Hoya.

Comment

At 7'9", McKaskill is likely the strongest man who ever lived. He was a proven athlete of the 19th century, being the world's premier strongman in his day. For grins he liked to run up and down the street of his hometown with a 250 lbs. barrel of pork lard under each arm! When he came to a fence with his horse, it was easier to lift the horse over than go around. He carried a 2800 lbs. anchor down a dock to impress some sailors.

These stories are documented and not apocryphal. His hands were an even 12" long and 6" across. Those successively heavier spheres they make the strongmen place onto pedastels in the strongman contest on TV?--Angus would probably reach down with one hand and place the first one on the pedastel.

As everyone knows, a man that strong is almost impossible to hurt, for he's too strong to hurt. The man has the bone mass of a water buffalo. All heavyweight champs but Braddock would shatter their hands against his ribs--Jimmy's would shatter at the weigh in when he got a first look at Angus. If a heavyweight accidentally nails his hip bone they will fall to the mat writhing.

Such a high guard would be necessary against his aerial bombs that all heavyweight champs would tire out from the continuous effort of holding their arms well above their heads. Ask any criminal. Maybe someone thinks it hurt to be hit in the arm by Marciano. McKaskill's hammers feel like a blacksmith's taps to your biceps. Good night, ladies.

Angus could simply end the fight with the handshake against any opponent in history, but he was too much a gentleman to cheat against the rules. He and trainer Manny Steward are sure to devise a great fight plan.

One strategy might certainly be the fist-meet. For if fists ever collide in mid air--then please say hello to the orthopedist for me. In fact, at his fights there would not be a doctor at ringside but a team of orthopedic surgeons and an operating tent.

Put it all together and whadda ya got?
              At seven foot nine
              Why, he's tall as a pine.
              Angus McKaskill beats 'em to snot.
              And they'd rather be in Hades.
              Good night, ladies.
              Last edited by The Old LefHook; 11-21-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Frankly in a fight Kareem although not as strong as wilt would kick his ass. Check out his one punch ko on the recent HBO doc. His agility in the Bruce. Lee movie was impressive

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  Frankly in a fight Kareem although not as strong as wilt would kick his ass. Check out his one punch ko on the recent HBO doc. His agility in the Bruce. Lee movie was impressive
                  Kareem was a compitant martial artist for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    Oh yeah, heard about that. What's the name of it, I'll check it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Oh yeah, heard about that. What's the name of it, I'll check it out?
                      I believe it was Game of Death.

Bruce Lee actually died early in the filming of it and much of it uses a double.

In fact in one scene there is even an obvious and documented cardboard cut out of him

Comment

Working...
                      X