No announcement yet.

Joe Louis in the early 70's and 90's..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Half true since he would be destroyed by mid carders to and lhw lots of them all of these idiots know this they just won't admit it dont know why but they wont crazy people

He stuggled with Bill/dropped by galento neither one of these dudes would make pro or give mid/high level fighters from 70s-now a challenge or would they win those dudes joe fought all were trash compared
    The reason you don’t understand why people pick old fighters over new ones is you fail to recognize other aspects of the sport.

1 is psychology, and 2 not all skills are pretty. You make the classic mistake of associating someone in a trained repetitive stance as being more skillful, but in truth boxing is much more layered than that. I know this because you share similar opinions I carried myself back in 2009. You don’t know enough about boxing to comprehend it nor have you ever boxed. Not taking a stab at anyone who hasn’t and nor do I think I’m better than anyone else - it’s just the only way of explaining it.

I was talking to a pretty prominent coach the other day and he said the reason nobody fights in this old styles is because they are too scared to get hit and those moves require you to get hit in sparring to perfect them. Old fighters were very comfortable under fire they didn’t turtle or freak out and weren’t worried about a touch points system. If it doesnt hurt, it doesn’t matter.

where today headmovement is strictly categorized as a defensive move back in the day it was always used to clever baiting. Fighters inexperienced would always throw at the head when they thought they saw a target. A good pro put his head there on purpose to get him to throw, make him miss and lose balance so he could counter him with an effective placed shot. This was common practice. Then the practice of body first, then the head after comes into play. You don’t see the kind of body work anymore either. You start working the body early.
    Last edited by them_apples; 08-19-2022, 12:19 PM.
    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

The reason you don’t understand why people pick old fighters over new ones is you fail to recognize other aspects of the sport.

1 is psychology, and 2 not all skills are pretty. You make the classic mistake of associating someone in a trained repetitive stance as being more skillful, but in truth boxing is much more layered than that. I know this because you share similar opinions I carried myself back in 2009. You don’t know enough about boxing to comprehend it nor have you ever boxed. Not taking a stab at anyone who hasn’t and nor do I think I’m better than anyone else - it’s just the only way of explaining it.

I was talking to a pretty prominent coach the other day and he said the reason nobody fights in this old styles is because they are too scared to get hit and those moves require you to get hit in sparring to perfect them. Old fighters were very comfortable under fire they didn’t turtle or freak out and weren’t worried about a touch points system. If it doesnt hurt, it doesn’t matter.

where today headmovement is strictly categorized as a defensive move back in the day it was always used to clever baiting. Fighters inexperienced would always throw at the head when they thought they saw a target. A good pro put his head there on purpose to get him to throw, make him miss and lose balance so he could counter him with an effective placed shot. This was common practice. Then the practice of body first, then the head after comes into play. You don’t see the kind of body work anymore either. You start working the body early.
      Its nothing to not understand you crazy idiot its video comparing how they fought from then and compare like it's a video comparing ali and louis era anybody with good vision can see Ali's era used more angles and were way smoother in their upper and lower body movement

none of the other stuff you said matters cause they would have to have the advances before the other stuff comes into play so your slow ontop of being crazy

You can come in a gym and say you wanna fight like a louis conn max or a Robinson/dempsey liston ali Frazier they wont teach you those old styles as they were you will be taught similar to those styles but way more advanced at it

So if the people in gym see that that crap wouldn't work that means they know you could be injured fast trying to use it or die trying to use those outdated crap techniques with a way more advanced one you idiot

causes if you crazies were right why is it its nobody who fought as stiff and simple as they did in the dempsey/conn era its nobody who made it to mid card let alone high level who fought like thats nobody ever since those era's that's not a coincidence you idiot so your trolling me does you no good but expose you like I always have even before I talked to you by talking to other crazy idiots like you

So stop the bull you crazy person your the one who cant see and plays act like your blind and make a fighter fight different then he is on video your idiot

You crazy people pick old fighters cause your crazy or have bad vision or acting like you have bad vision or its a combo of all

none of the people you pick have any advances that can be shown on video its all made up in your mind i know its madeup cause I asked you crazy people since last year to prove me wrong by video you refuse to cause it doesn't exist

And yea if you did talk to a coach which you didn't it would make sense him saying people would be scared to get hit figting like that as I explained anybody fighting with those trash outdated style would be injured or die using that with a more advanced fighter to many times but since you didn't cause he would tell you exactly what I told you in a nicer way your lies don't matter

Or if you did talk to him you told him your a fan of those outdated era's so he told you some crap to not hurt your feelings

Those people in louis/dempsey/ eras in-between would all be destroyed by any mid-high 70s-90s fighter they wouldnt even allow it to save the health of those fighters
      Last edited by Ascended; 08-19-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X