No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs. Sugar Ray Robinson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
    Please provide evidence to support this statement.

Middleweight range has not changed during time period - 148lbs to 160lbs.

So no link to the video footage of LaMotta being introduced as 155 then?

I'm still not sure where your figures are coming from, you are now saying not his first 14 fights but throughout his career he came in under 160lbs?

That is still incorrect as the total amount was 19 times.

I hope to maintain my manner of posting regardless of the repetition nature of the discussion, but appreciate the quote.

A quick look at LaMotta's record shows that he never fought specifically at 155lbs, though you originally mentioned that particular weight with regards to the first Robinson fight and have now altered the point.

LaMotta only once went under the 155lbs mark, in 1947 against Tony Janiro he came in at 154½lbs and the only time he registered specifically at your number was against Fritzie Zivic in 1943 and your still half a pound out with 155½lbs.

To support your argument please provide the link to this footage on youtube in which the announcer informs the crowd that LaMotta weighs 155lbs.

How many of these contests have you seen footage?
    Many posters provide evidence, others try to persuade....For example Sonny when asked to provide proof usually posts somethng unrelated to the subject at all....Its kind of amussing actually. I often wonder how fast I would have gotten kicked out of grad school....."Mr Simon please show the part of the text demonstrating that Mesopotamian Religion in the first Millenium was immanently based....uh Mr Simon why are you citing the Egyptian Book of The Dead?"

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
      LOL what the **** did i just read
      Something your limited brain capacity doesnt understand ,you seem to be the only one now . And if you arent well obviously many punchy kids on here ......
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Its amazing how you assumed I was referring to you! Is this the way you see yourself? as an idiot? I guess so. Good guess, good logical deduction Juggy....score 1!
        You must be reffering to me since you replied to the person i was conversing ,see your smart guy wise cracks only will dig you a deeper ditch when you want to be slick....still waiting on all them world beaters that Ali defeated in the 60's ....

Comment

Please provide evidence to support this statement.

Middleweight range has not changed during time period - 148lbs to 160lbs.

So no link to the video footage of LaMotta being introduced as 155 then?

I'm still not sure where your figures are coming from, you are now saying not his first 14 fights but throughout his career he came in under 160lbs?

That is still incorrect as the total amount was 19 times.

I hope to maintain my manner of posting regardless of the repetition nature of the discussion, but appreciate the quote.

A quick look at LaMotta's record shows that he never fought specifically at 155lbs, though you originally mentioned that particular weight with regards to the first Robinson fight and have now altered the point.

LaMotta only once went under the 155lbs mark, in 1947 against Tony Janiro he came in at 154½lbs and the only time he registered specifically at your number was against Fritzie Zivic in 1943 and your still half a pound out with 155½lbs.

To support your argument please provide the link to this footage on youtube in which the announcer informs the crowd that LaMotta weighs 155lbs.

How many of these contests have you seen footage?
          Whatever the number you are just nit picking now to just win a debate ,i clearly proved he fought in the weight range well below 175 the majority of his career,you are just confusing what the point was with irrelevancy ....you are also wrong on the weight clases as every class was shifted with the introduction of new ones ....how many vids do i have to see that tells me Lamotta wasnt a big guy?Middle weight was as low as whatever it is listed as 154 to 160 in HIS era and the vid is on you tube which has a limited number of his fights so really i challenge anyone on here to tell me that there is no vid in which Lamotta is not introduced at 154 /155 in doing so as they would be either liars or truly slow that they cant watch a beginning part of a handful of fights and find it.You in the beginning didnt even think Lamotta fought near 155 so im not even sure what your basic point is when the weight class he was in regardless what he weighed is still closer to 160 then 175?
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Chill out gentlemen, this is the history section! Have some respect...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              You must be reffering to me since you replied to the person i was conversing ,see your smart guy wise cracks only will dig you a deeper ditch when you want to be slick....still waiting on all them world beaters that Ali defeated in the 60's ....
              wow! such brilliance, such logic! Actually you know you are an idiot therefore the identification was a synch...sorry I can't claim credit for that one. Yeah the fighters you mention are such world beaters....I guess they are if your alt is Elroy the magnificent! I mean such big beefy men! all are cruisers in comparison! Hows it workin out for ya being here? getting called on all the Bs makes it a bit different than the main section don't it

Comment

Whatever the number you are just nit picking now to just win a debate ,i clearly proved he fought in the weight range well below 175 the majority of his career,you are just confusing what the point was with irrelevancy ....you are also wrong on the weight clases as every class was shifted with the introduction of new ones ....how many vids do i have to see that tells me Lamotta wasnt a big guy?Middle weight was as low as whatever it is listed as 154 to 160 in HIS era and the vid is on you tube which has a limited number of his fights so really i challenge anyone on here to tell me that there is no vid in which Lamotta is not introduced at 154 /155 in doing so as they would be either liars or truly slow that they cant watch a beginning part of a handful of fights and find it.You in the beginning didnt even think Lamotta fought near 155 so im not even sure what your basic point is when the weight class he was in regardless what he weighed is still closer to 160 then 175?
                The man was simply asking you to provide proof of your assertions. Something you are simply UNABLE to do... Don't blame him!!!

Comment

Whatever the number you are just nit picking now to just win a debate
                  I am simply asking you to provide evidence to support your statement.

i clearly proved he fought in the weight range well below 175 the majority of his career
                  Your original point was at the start of his career, then shifted to over his entire career.

I'm not sure you are able to take credit for having proved anything, particularly that he fought "well below" 175 for the majority of his career.

LaMotta fought 106 times as a professional, on only 26 occasions did he weight 160lbs or less. Approximately 24%. Almost a quarter of his career.

Taking the halfway point between 160lbs and 175lbs of 167½lbs, LaMotta fought at this weight or above on 20 occasions - worth noting is that in his first eight contests, he consecutively weighed over this amount. In total approximately 19% of LaMotta's career was spent within these parameters.

So for the remaining 57% of LaMotta's career he was an over-the-weight Middleweight.

Those figures seem to support my view of LaMotta being a Middleweight, though a heavy one.

you are just confusing what the point was with irrelevancy
                  Here is your original post and my initial response;

Yea after a handful of fights watching SRR struggle against him tells another story .
                  Could you please provide this footage you continuously refer to having seen of their earlier contests.
                  I simply asked you to explain your comments in regards to having viewed Robinson-LaMotta.

you are also wrong on the weight clases as every class was shifted with the introduction of new ones
                  I accept that. Yes there are new weight classes above and below the original eight, which I overlooked when replying.

how many vids do i have to see that tells me Lamotta wasnt a big guy?
                  That point has not been something I have joined in a discussion on.

the vid is on you tube which has a limited number of his fights so really i challenge anyone on here to tell me that there is no vid in which Lamotta is not introduced at 154 /155
                  I have asked you to provide this information - you need only copy and paste the URL into your reply and we could cease this back and forth.

You in the beginning didnt even think Lamotta fought near 155
                  Could you please provide a quote of me making comments of this nature as outside of this discussion, only in Jake Lamotta vs Floyd Mayweather, in which I made no such statement, have I commented on LaMotta before.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666;15726251[B
                    ]Middleweight is 154 /160 in his era ive already pointed that out ,what im reffering to are the few clowns on here who said he never fought at 155 specifically[/B] Corso and joseph,when he moved up in weight again it was then and only then he was close to the 175 mark.How anyone can look at his fights with SRR and tell me he was a big guy shows how brainwashed most are with the nostalgia as anyone telling me he was a big guy even at light Heavy tells me they have very limited gym time .The past time guide lines for weight classes closely resembles current amateur boxing standards ..165 pounder would be a middleweight there...I don't really believe for a second Lamotta was a big Light Heavy weight how could you?Its a joke trying to sell him as some monster who would run over guys like Floyd/Pacman and so forth....his record clearly shows he is a small weight fighter as he had very little success outside of his middle weight class as a pro,which he probably did weigh a bit over 160 in most in his middleweight bouts.I like Lamotta but really he wouldn't last long with the likes of Marciano.I would certainly put money on Floyd to beat him and certainly to beat him at 155 pounds,thats a believable fight,Marciano not so much at any weight Lamotta would weigh in at.
                    No, you claimed Lamotta fought as a lightweight which is what I pointed out as false. Instead of admitting you were wrong you continued to argue about it like a fool.

Now you want to change it to "155" which wasn't the debate. You're getting torn up in this thread and it would be in your benefit to stop arguing when you are clearly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      No, you claimed Lamotta fought as a lightweight which is what I pointed out as false. Instead of admitting you were wrong you continued to argue about it like a fool.

Now you want to change it to "155" which wasn't the debate. You're getting torn up in this thread and it would be in your benefit to stop arguing when you are clearly wrong.
                      Don't you get it? This is how Jugnuts "owns' people. He is "owning all of us during these debates. That must be what he means because every time he is shown what an idiot he is he claims he "owns" the other person....

So according to my latest count.....there are exactly two people in the section whom Jugnuts has not owned, they would be the webmaster and the guy in charge of sheepdip.

oh dear, have to edit this post: turns out the guy in charge of sheepdip has Down's syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                      X