Rocky Marciano vs. Sugar Ray Robinson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
    Not 157¾lbs?
    Possibly? Its still light weight for those times im assuming its 160 and under but he was announced in the fight i saw on you tube as 155 and he LOOKS 155 not remotely 170 ,he would be huge at 5'8 /5,9 .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Possibly? Its still light weight for those times im assuming its 160 and under but he was announced in the fight i saw on you tube as 155 and he LOOKS 155 not remotely 170 ,he would be huge at 5'8 /5,9 .
      Once again then, could you please provide the link to this contest you keep mentioning.

Comment

Lamattas first fight with SRR was at 155 ,dont you get schooled enough by me ?
        Not only is that untrue but it's also no where near Lamotta's first 14 fights. So who's really getting schooled LOL?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Not only is that untrue but it's also no where near Lamotta's first 14 fights. So who's really getting schooled LOL?
          It is on record he fought at light weight you would have to be delusion just on footage alone to think he never did let alone his own record that says he did.Its not as obvious as you telling me Tyson had no defense but the arguments you come up with is extremely entertaining .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-25-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
            Once again then, could you please provide the link to this contest you keep mentioning.
            I see what the confusion is in lamottas day Middleweight was 154 to 160 ...lets not confuse what i was saying that Lamotta did fight at 155 just as i stated .As anyone can see he is not a hulking 175 poundetr in his early fights like you guys are making him out to be .

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about again ?Lamotta has a win on robinson and all their fights were wars why do i need video footage ? Anyone can see theyre fights or simply look up their records .Lamattas first 14 fights were at light weight weve been over this already ,you and Corso had stated he began his career at a higher weight ,that was false .Imade the mistake thinking he fought and won his championship at another year thats about it .
              I do not know where you are getting your information Jake fought as a light heavey as an amateur and his early pro fights have him weighing 171 once and a while he did train down as low as 155 for some fights but that was rare.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                No. Marciano trained down to 185. No way in hell could he have made 175 let alone 168. Ridiculous.
                I often wondered why he came in that light was it to maintain speed and endurance??

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
                  Lol. Giving away way too much weight and strength here. Ray even at MW regularly came in at 155ish. And these weren't his prime years. 155 vs 185? Between two top fighters? Not a fair fight.

With modern day weigh ins, Ray could have made 135 for longer, and probably made 140 for a fair bit i reckon. He'd eventually fill out to welter though with his dimensions.

Imagine a young Sugar Ray today at 135 ? Would be fcuking unreal lol.
                  you honestly believe that? he was nearly 6 ft. They still cut mad weight back then. second day weigh ins are for health reasons. He was making 147 in his early 20's. plenty of fighters now could make lighter weight classes if they didn't eat so much and lift so much. Canelo for example.

If anything they would just weigh more now a days. Ray had huge fists and a big head. I know you rag on me for being a young guy who raves about older fighters, but you really don't give them any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    I often wondered why he came in that light was it to maintain speed and endurance??
                    in his book they said Rocky put on muscle so easy they had him running 12 miles in hill country just to keep him light since he was naturally heavy boned.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                      I do not know where you are getting your information Jake fought as a light heavey as an amateur and his early pro fights have him weighing 171 once and a while he did train down as low as 155 for some fights but that was rare.
                      His record clearly has him as 14 fights in as a pro as "MIDDLEWEIGHT" which is 154 /160 in his era ,doesnt anyone actually look thhis stuff up before posting ? I never said anything about any other weight class as he was at one time the "MIDDLEWEIGHT" champ in his era.
                      As far as Marciano goes he was in an era of small heavyweights being only 5'9 /5'10 and over 200 wouldn't make much sense for him style wise as he was slow footed enough he didnt have great athletism but was a hard worker strong brawling type fighter,his 185 weight was about right ,enough power and endurance for him.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-25-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X