Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs. Sugar Ray Robinson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano vs Robinson in a p4p fantasy deal would have Robinson winning by dec.
    Robinson might be simular to Charles vs Marciano but Robinson bringing more power p4p and equal to better boxing skills.
    It would be great to see Robinson in with anyone p4p after all he is TBE and the p4p King!
    Some might think Marciano could be the LaMotta vs Sugarman and that would hold some value too.
    Both were pressure guys who had a two handed attack something you don't see much of anymore. Jake needed an acumulation of shots to wear down opponents were as Rock could take you out cleanly.
    Either way great fantasy stuff but Robinson is the best, theres plenty of film all you need to do is to KNOW what your looking at.
    Ray.

Comment

Our brilliant posters cannot help responding to every idiocy by JugNuts. They don't get it yet. Ray Corso and I get it, the rest of you get the booby prize. JugNuts is a registered, thoroughbred halfwit and you will never catch me responding to any more of his idiocies. Good luck with it, boys. If I am caught responding to this idiot again, whoever catches it can have all of my points.

No, Robinson would never beat Rocky because Robby would not fight right. If he chose to fight a la SRL, he could have won, but he had too much warrior in him. He would never be comfortable coasting to a decision win over the Brockton Blockbuster. He would try to put the light out, which would have been foolish

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        No, you claimed Lamotta fought as a lightweight which is what I pointed out as false. Instead of admitting you were wrong you continued to argue about it like a fool.

Now you want to change it to "155" which wasn't the debate. You're getting torn up in this thread and it would be in your benefit to stop arguing when you are clearly wrong.
        You are a fool as you stated he never fought at that weight ,clearly he did and that WAS the debate you idiot..lol ,despite the weight class mix up as it was different back then however he STILL fought at the 155 pound mark, a bunch of imbeciles on here really ,keep trying though you are bound to get something right eventually .....
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
          I am simply asking you to provide evidence to support your statement.

Your original point was at the start of his career, then shifted to over his entire career.

I'm not sure you are able to take credit for having proved anything, particularly that he fought "well below" 175 for the majority of his career.

LaMotta fought 106 times as a professional, on only 26 occasions did he weight 160lbs or less. Approximately 24%. Almost a quarter of his career.

Taking the halfway point between 160lbs and 175lbs of 167½lbs, LaMotta fought at this weight or above on 20 occasions - worth noting is that in his first eight contests, he consecutively weighed over this amount. In total approximately 19% of LaMotta's career was spent within these parameters.

So for the remaining 57% of LaMotta's career he was an over-the-weight Middleweight.

Those figures seem to support my view of LaMotta being a Middleweight, though a heavy one.

Here is your original post and my initial response;

I simply asked you to explain your comments in regards to having viewed Robinson-LaMotta.

I accept that. Yes there are new weight classes above and below the original eight, which I overlooked when replying.

That point has not been something I have joined in a discussion on.

I have asked you to provide this information - you need only copy and paste the URL into your reply and we could cease this back and forth.

Could you please provide a quote of me making comments of this nature as outside of this discussion, only in Jake Lamotta vs Floyd Mayweather, in which I made no such statement, have I commented on LaMotta before.
          Not really ,my point was you guys challenged me on the 155 pound discussion,you yourself stated light weight was 155 so i went with it ,you were wrong 154 to 160 is Middle weight in HIS era even at times he was over he is not the huge 170 pounder certain clueless ppl are making him out to be ,and he fought in tha class ,he is recognised as a Middle weight that pretty much ends it here as ive lost interest and my common sense meter is maxed out ,i still hold you with respect the other imbeciles not so much,a bunch of fabricated b.s usually to fit their own points ,i can see why the few smart ones avoid this section like the plague .....
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Mods, I think it's time to ban the troll from this section. It has been warned about ad hominems several times already. I have it on ignore but it keeps baiting and ruining threads.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              wow! such brilliance, such logic! Actually you know you are an idiot therefore the identification was a synch...sorry I can't claim credit for that one. Yeah the fighters you mention are such world beaters....I guess they are if your alt is Elroy the magnificent! I mean such big beefy men! all are cruisers in comparison! Hows it workin out for ya being here? getting called on all the Bs makes it a bit different than the main section don't it
              Thats why you are a coward and are afraid to give more then two prime guys other than a former Middle weightAli actually fought in the 60's with ACTUAL skill... i dont mind being here at all trolls come in all forms you're just the average one believe me ,.....
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                Mods, I think it's time to ban the troll from this section. It has been warned about ad hominems several times already. I have it on ignore but it keeps baiting and ruining threads.
                Maybe you should stay on topic ,you have me on ignore because you couldn't keep up with me and when i give VALID points that go against your agenda you run like a BIATCH .you guys are ajoke throwing insults and threats but cant take the fire power in return the biggest insulter and threatener Mr .Corso ,maybe we should look over his responses if we are banning peoples in certain spots..
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Not really ,my point was you guys challenged me on the 155 pound discussion
                  You still have not provided the evidence you speak of to support yourself.

you yourself stated light weight was 155 so i went with it ,you were wrong 154 to 160 is Middle weight
                  Please provide quotes where I said such things as I dispute this.

he is recognised as a Middle weight that pretty much ends it here as ive lost interest and my common sense meter is maxed out
                  Yes LaMotta was a Middleweight, we didn't set out at the start to establish this, but if this is the one thing we are able to agree on then that's where we can end.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
                    You still have not provided the evidence you speak of to support yourself.

Please provide quotes where I said such things as I dispute this.

Yes LaMotta was a Middleweight, we didn't set out at the start to establish this, but if this is the one thing we are able to agree on then that's where we can end.
                    You had stated the weight classes of light weight hadnt changed ,whatever at least you get what i was getting at ,,,,,,so what else is knew ?

Comment

AMEN=======So Be it!========The End!!!..................ya think?
                      HA!

Comment

Working...
                      X