Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Ali vs Prime Marciano: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marciano was a/lot more elusive than people think. He emphasized his height (or lack thereof) with that awkward crouch of his.

The way he leaned backwards made it very hard to connect solidly with a right hand. Ali, even though they were play-acting for the most part in their "computer" fight, came out of the affair with a whole new respect for Marciano's ellusiveness as well as his punching power.

I do think Ali's longer reach and much faster hands would have allowed him to land the right where many fighters had difficulty; but I definitely do not think Muhammad would have had an easy go of it. Because of their styles, I think this fight would have resembled the Ali-Frazier clashes.

Marciano would force Ali to move even more than he wanted to because anytime Rock got in close, he would be punching and punching hard....and at anything he could hit.

Ali would build an early points lead; but by the middle rounds, he'd begin to tire a little and some down off of his toes, which would allow Marciano to get off. Over the middle and lager rounds,/Ali would be forced to throw some strong stuff in an attempt to keep Marciano off of him. This would result, I believe, in a severe laceration or two on Rocky's face.

While it is conceive able that Ali would knock the smaller man down, I can't see him keeping him there. What I do/think would happen isAli would target one of he cuts he opened with pinpoint accuracy until the ref had no option but to stop the contest.

This, I think would happen around the 13th in a helluva war.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Charles and Walcott are bigger names than Chuvalo and Frazier.

I think you are underrating Marcianos defense, and ring IQ.
      Walcott was not on Frazier's level so I don't know what you mean by "bigger names."

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Walcott was not on Frazier's level so I don't know what you mean by "bigger names."
        Absolutely he was.

Comment

Absolutely he was.
          That's absolutely BS. He wasn't. You'll also have a hard time finding anybody credible who will rate Walcott over Frazier.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 04-25-2015, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Marciano decision win.

Not because Marciano is better than Ali but because he is a bad match up for him.

Marciano is a more dangerous version of Smokin Joe with dynamite in both hands and a ridiculous work rate for someone with such power. He also has more skill than smokin Joe. We all know how well Joe did vs Ali.

Ali aint knocking out Marciano, Marciano probably aint knocking out Ali although its possible, its most likely it will go to a decision and Marciano is going to have done more damage and more work.

Comment

• I'm more intrigued by a Marciano-frazier matchup

Comment

Absolutely he was.
                wow did mayweather get his tooth knocked out?

Comment

• Ali would outpoint Marciano. I don't think he would stop him unless it was on cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I'm more intrigued by a Marciano-frazier matchup
                    I agree with this

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      I agree with this
                      what everyone fails to realize here is the 71/74 ali would fair much better because he became a better puncher and a bit stronger,that ali would almost always win.The 60's ali moved more but against a grinder like Marciano it would be almost an even fight,with ali slightly the favorite.

Comment

Working...
                      X