Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Ali vs Prime Marciano: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier and Rocky did not have similar styles. From what I see Rocky did not even know what cutting the ring off was. He did not charge forward relentlessly but was somewhat measured. On top of that, his accuracy rate had to be one of the worst in ring history. He will not get inside at all, and if he does he will be nullified easily. Much as I love him, Marciano would have his hands absolutely full with the likes of Billy Conn, so forget about him beating Ali. On the other hand, Rocky completely demolishes today's scrubs like Chisora and and Frankenklit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Frazier and Rocky did not have similar styles. From what I see Rocky did not even know what cutting the ring off was. He did not charge forward relentlessly but was somewhat measured. On top of that, his accuracy rate had to be one of the worst in ring history. He will not get inside at all, and if he does he will be nullified easily. Much as I love him, Marciano would have his hands absolutely full with the likes of Billy Conn, so forget about him beating Ali. On the other hand, Rocky completely demolishes today's scrubs like Chisora and and Frankenklit.
      Your last sentence pretty much destroyed your entire post ,and brings doubts with the other ones making me think do you really watch boxing since you think Marciano would beat Klitchko but Conn would be a handful for Marciano .

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Your last sentence pretty much destroyed your entire post ,and brings doubts with the other ones making me think do you really watch boxing since you think Marciano would beat Klitchko but Conn would be a handful for Marciano .
        Conn was a runner, Frankenklit is a huggie bear. Those T-rex arms can reach the man hugging him. Inside where Klit can get no leverage Rocky gets maximum thrust and easily beats him to the punch via the shorter route.

Comment

Conn was a runner, Frankenklit is a huggie bear. Those T-rex arms can reach the man hugging him. Inside where Klit can get no leverage Rocky gets maximum thrust and easily beats him to the punch via the shorter route.
          I don't care if Conn had flight abilities in what world does anything you said make sense....it doesn't,total nonsense stating conn is more dangerous than Klitchko,you just won dumbest comment ive seen so far and their are kliterally hundreds of them,even out doing Sonnyboys magic nerve on the chin...cong****...

Comment

I don't care if Conn had flight abilities in what world does anything you said make sense....it doesn't,total nonsense stating conn is more dangerous than Klitchko,you just won dumbest comment ive seen so far and their are kliterally hundreds of them,even out doing Sonnyboys magic nerve on the chin...cong****...
            Neither man particularly dangerous. Conn harder to hit for Rocky who is the dangerous man in the ring.

Comment

Neither man particularly dangerous. Conn harder to hit for Rocky who is the dangerous man in the ring.
              Again that defies all logic telling me a former 140 pounder in between 170 and not a power puncher takes out klitchko. or Conn is harder to fight for Marciano then the 6'6 240 pounder no one,not even the worst Wlad detractor is buying that one....truly..... I may even make this a fantasy fight just to see how quick I get laughed off there.

Comment

Maricano would stop Conn, not sure what you're on about.

Comment

Again that defies all logic telling me a former 140 pounder in between 170 and not a power puncher takes out klitchko. or Conn is harder to fight for Marciano then the 6'6 240 pounder no one,not even the worst Wlad detractor is buying that one....truly..... I may even make this a fantasy fight just to see how quick I get laughed off there.
                  I'm not sure he was saying that Conn would beat K. Only that Marciano would have an easier time with WK because he would be able to find him and hit him.

I don't think Conn would have a chance in hell against WK but I think Marciano would have a hard time cornering Conn.

Re Conn being a 140 pounds - it's true, but he was 16 at the time. Pacquiao was a minimum weight at 16. Is he a minimum weight now? No.

Just looked it up. Kovalev was a light welterweight at 17. Is there any doubt that he is a true light heavyweight now? No.

Same for Conn.

Comment

• Pride cometh before the fall.

The thing I did not mention is that Rocky will not have to chase Ali down. If Ali fought the way he did in Liston I, Rocky would barely touch him. But we know enough about Ali to know it should unfold more like Leonard/Duran I. He will look at that little T-rex and want to take it out immediately. Leonard had fifteen rounds to adjust and change his tactics in Montreal. He did not do it. Vlad Klinchko might run from a man of any size, but not Ali. He still had plenty of superior mobility without running, and that is what he would use. He would be embarrased not to fight it out, given the spectacle in front of him. That keeps it close and dangerous as far as it goes. I see Marciano with a strong chance of winning their first fight but losing subsequent encounters.

Comment

Pride cometh before the fall.

The thing I did not mention is that Rocky will not have to chase Ali down. If Ali fought the way he did in Liston I, Rocky would barely touch him. But we know enough about Ali to know it should unfold more like Leonard/Duran I. He will look at that little T-rex and want to take it out immediately. Leonard had fifteen rounds to adjust and change his tactics in Montreal. He did not do it. Vlad Klinchko might run from a man of any size, but not Ali. He still had plenty of superior mobility without running, and that is what he would use. He would be embarrased not to fight it out, given the spectacle in front of him. That keeps it close and dangerous as far as it goes. I see Marciano with a strong chance of winning their first fight but losing subsequent encounters.
                      70's Ali would beat Marciano ,no way would either be favorite over Klitchko .....at 6'6 with the better jab ...watching the Norton fights one can see what a stiff jab does to Ali ....Marciano would be a bit easy to figure out as he threw one punch at a time in a stand still position .

Comment

Working...
                      X