Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ATG doesn't have any controversial decision win(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the answer to this question would be Tyson and possibly Louis? Or were there other guys whose wins weren't controversial? Jones would be here if not for the controversy of the first Tarver fight and his last fight, which hopefully really will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      Marciano,,foreman (if you consider him top 10 which I do) lewis to an extent( holyfield2 and mercer fights were close)

Marciano's first fight with LaStarza was controversial and so was Foreman's fight with Schultz.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        So the answer to this question would be Tyson and possibly Louis? Or were there other guys whose wins weren't controversial? Jones would be here if not for the controversy of the first Tarver fight and his last fight, which hopefully really will be his last.
        Joe Louis scored a very controversial win over Jersey Joe Walcott. Louis was knocked down a couple of times and was dominated throughout most of the fight, but still ended up winning a SD.

Comment

I consider Gilberto Roman to be an all-time great, and I've never seen a win of his that was controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Marciano's first fight with LaStarza was controversial and so was Foreman's fight with Schultz.
            Agreed. How about Lennox Lewis?

Comment

So how about Tyson and Roman as answers then?

Comment

Has Juan Manuel Marquez been added yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  Has Juan Manuel Marquez been added yet?
                  Some have disputed the Barrera win. Not me personally, but I think Lederman had Barrera ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
                    Gotta say, I disagree on all three counts.

As for my own answer to the thread, Marvin Hagler. Yeah, the Leonard fight has controversy surrounding it but Hagler didn't get the decision so that doesn't fall into this particular category of 'gift decision'.
                    Arguably Juan Roldan where Hagler seemed to be having difficulty with his rugged style until he thumbed the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      Good choice, but you only have to check out the thread on his fight with SRL to see the controversy.. Deluded, i know, but some people are still saying that Hagler should have won..

Comment

Working...
                      X